ALL THE CONTENT

These threads are deliberately bait. And should be deleted. There is no discussion. Do you understand what "No" means?

@Alevity said in ALL THE CONTENT:

These threads are deliberately bait. And should be deleted. There is no discussion. Do you understand what "No" means?

Discussion could be had if you put as much time into arguing actual points as you did insulting people.

So if this threads getting hostile i'd recommend closing it but i'm sure the gm's know the appropriate time. I do think it needs a mega-thread but inciting should be shut down in it.

So I see two sides of the coin, going to JP to see it as intended or playing the censored west version.

Why playing the JP version is a bad argument:

-You have missed a large amount of scratches and cosmetics

-You are way behind on the monetary curve

-You need to understand JP speaking players

-It's harder to make payments for premium features

-Some of these players are probably established on the west and have to recover some months on JP

With the western release solving all of this, it's clear why people would rather play it. The players certainly have reason to voice their feedback as it's a game they care about and want to play as well as spend money on. Money is important to Sega. The other thing to note is the vocality on the forums isn't everyone for those making that assumption, players will have voted with their wallet and left already or chose to only play for free.

Of course the JP game has some risque content that may fall under some concerns in territories and that's fair. If we get an official statement saying that's why then that's that. But personally when you have auxiliaries you can outfit and show up on the field in the same way this already makes height a moot point, further pushed when games like Dragon Age exist with a dwarf race that has risque scenes. I think the public wants an answer to why is all.

@Alevity I always went by defeatism never accomplished anything. I believe that feedback has an impact, the SG Scratch Extension has lead me to believe this. So as I am allowed to do so, I will remain being vocal about things that I believe are issues. I believe that censorship is a game issue so I will remain being vocal about it. I see no reason to stop, the game won't be harmed by me or others being vocal about it, so I don't need to be reserved about being vocal.

This post is deleted!

@Alevity There are plenty of media that have similar scenes. Even in western media, people have talked about boobs. It is not uncommon in media in anyway at all. The scene can barely be considered risque.

You don't need a brain to know why the content is censored. It's because it's a scene about boobs.

I don't think just boobs is the reason. It was probably more so due to:

• Underage girls being felt up by a blindfolded underage boy
  • "Teachers" asking students how they got such big busts/how they deal with being flat
  • Men (some underage, some not) discussing underage girls busts

It's more likely that Sega took the scenes out because they themselves thought that they shouldn't be in the NA game. This happens with almost every game that comes to the west. Content that doesn't make sense, or fit in gets changed/removed.

@NIC said in ALL THE CONTENT:

You don't need a brain to know why the content is censored. It's because it's a scene about boobs.

• "Teachers" asking students how they got such big busts/how they deal with being flat

It's more likely that Sega took the scenes out because they themselves thought that they shouldn't be in the NA game. This happens with almost every game that comes to the west. Content that doesn't make sense, or fit in gets changed/removed.

What a long winded post that says the scenes are about boobs.

@NIC said in ALL THE CONTENT:

What a long winded post that says the scenes are about boobs.

Except Breastpads are I believe already in the code for the game. It's not about just "tiddie" - the keyword was "underage."

@NIC It's worth noting that Al doesn't really intention try to grope Kohri or Hitsugi and the camera pans away from the actual groping (I mean fingers don't move in this game). The teachers are also only 2 years older than Kohri and Hitsugi. Enga has to be considered an adult mentally by this point; it is possible that he is 18 by this cutscene as Hitsugi mentioned they all went up a grade. So the only person who can be considered underaged is Al. Also, it was more of a hilarious discussion of small vs large, and teasing Enga on his feelings for Och.

Honestly, the scene is so tame compared to other things that have gotten to the west from Japan. I do agree that Sega was probably afraid of any outcry, but part of the purpose of the feedback is to show that they don't need to be so afraid.

@Archetype-Luna said in ALL THE CONTENT:

@NIC It's worth noting that Al doesn't really intention try to grope Kohri or Hitsugi and the camera pans away from the actual groping (I mean fingers don't move in this game). The teachers are also only 2 years older than Kohri and Hitsugi. Enga has to be considered an adult mentally by this point; it is possible that he is 18 by this cutscene as Hitsugi mentioned they all went up a grade. So the only person who can be considered underaged is Al. Also, it was more of a hilarious discussion of small vs large, and teasing Enga on his feelings for Och.

Honestly, the scene is so tame compared to other things that have gotten to the west from Japan. I do agree that Sega was probably afraid of any outcry, but part of the purpose of the feedback is to show that they don't need to be so afraid.

I don't think it really matters that the scene was tame to Sega. For every one of these threads on the forums at least one person screams "PEDO" and I think that's what Sega is worried about.

Personally, I find them cringy at best, but I don't exactly watch anime.

At the very least, I understand why Sega took them out of the game - but I also understand why people want the preserved in the game.

@NIC At the same time, there are also plenty of people who say that the scene is fine. If you look at videos on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI01Cg6IbL8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eSACJ9dAzg

You find a lot of people being surprised that there is censorship in the game and are against it. Like I understand that Sega is afraid of the public outcry, but they really don't need to be. Plenty of other games and media go further than PSO2 does and do just fine.

I feel like the whole localization thing is botched as you have so many lewd outfits, but you can't have three bathing scenes with characters from the worst PSO2 episode. You didn't make a NT for Hebrew's Puncher or Illegal Negro, yet you renamed the Slave line of weapons when Slave was okay originally, especially when the Slave name for it fit well for what the original potential was, being a "slave" to your pp management over fear of clickbaiters and people exploiting civil rights for their own gain, especially if they only ERP or never played the game at all. Also good job forgetting to fix the " " issue for the PvP camos.

@Nerzarn said in ALL THE CONTENT:

PSO2 JP is probably the easiest East Asian game to top up for as a foreigner. Hook up PSO2es on an emulator or Android phone and just top up AC with any card since it is reliant on your Sega account for progress and functions as an extension for the main game. Getting a WebMoney or BitCash card is always annoying as taxes are applied from sites we can get them from.

@Archetype-Luna said in ALL THE CONTENT:

@NIC At the same time, there are also plenty of people who say that the scene is fine. If you look at videos on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI01Cg6IbL8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eSACJ9dAzg

You find a lot of people being surprised that there is censorship in the game and are against it. Like I understand that Sega is afraid of the public outcry, but they really don't need to be. Plenty of other games and media go further than PSO2 does and do just fine.

I don't think that's really a fair argument. The videos are providing one side of an argument from a youtuber who probably has followers that think like they do. It's not an accurate sample size.

@Hakase said in ALL THE CONTENT:

I feel like the whole localization thing is botched as you have so many lewd outfits, but you can't have three bathing scenes with characters from the worst PSO2 episode. You didn't make a NT for Hebrew's Puncher or Illegal Negro, yet you renamed the Slave line of weapons when Slave was okay originally, especially when the Slave name for it fit well for what the original potential was, being a "slave" to your pp management over fear of clickbaiters and people exploiting civil rights for their own gain, especially if they only ERP or never played the game at all.

@Nerzarn said in ALL THE CONTENT:

PSO2 JP is probably the easiest East Asian game to top up for as a foreigner. Hook up PSO2es on an emulator or Android phone and just top up AC with any card since it is reliant on your Sega account for progress and functions as an extension for the main game. Getting a WebMoney or BitCash card is always annoying as taxes are applied from sites we can get them from.

Why do such an obvious and easy solution when instead I can try and fight a company over it?