ALL THE CONTENT

That was the same scene, I was just paraphrasing a bit.

I mean i guess it's ok to censor things that' don't matter. And then just censor whatever they feel like. It's wrong to keep things how they were made afterall. Might as well change everything that's a tiny bit offensive to everyone. Censorship is perfectly fine and complaning about it is wrong. We aren't allowed to have opinions and discuss something that has been a problem across all sorts of media formats. That would be wrong.

Thing is japan has it's own exclusive system for video game ratings. A game brought straight as is from japan could end up with a rating that doesn't match it's target audience which can hurt sales also there more they change the more it costs. so most of then time when things ares censored this days it's more about money. also you want to see what censorship actually looks like? go look at what 4kids did to anime

@ra_pt_or Entire cutscenes were removed, so I am sure this constitutes as censorship.

Also, the different rating boards are pretty comparable. For example, Cero D in Japan is listed as 17+, the same as M by ESRB. There are also other games that are far more sexualized that make it to the west uncensored such as Senran Kagura (and yes, Senran Kagura has underaged characters).

Nobody was complaining when TD2 was cut.

Ironic how it's only now that there are removed scenes where people are complaining.

@redBadger22 said in ALL THE CONTENT:

Ironic how it's only now that there are removed scenes where people are complaining.

People have also yet to complain about "Darkers" being changed to "Falspawn", "Mother Cluster" being changed to "Mother Corp", etc, etc. Seems they only complain about things that have a youtube channel outcry. 🤔

@NIC said in ALL THE CONTENT:

People have also yet to complain about "Darkers" being changed to "Falspawn", "Mother Cluster" being changed to "Mother Corp", etc, etc. Seems they only complain about things that have a youtube channel outcry. 🤔

I mean honestly that's somewhat an irrelevant argument. Falspawn imo is a much better name in english, as the term "darkers" sounds awkward in english. Mother Cluster / Mother Corps is also just a sensible change. Same goes for Double > Gemini

@NIC said in ALL THE CONTENT:

I mean honestly that's somewhat an irrelevant argument. Falspawn imo is a much better name in english, as the term "darkers" sounds awkward in english. Mother Cluster / Mother Corps is also just a sensible change. Same goes for Double > Gemini

I can't even pronounce a ton of names in the game, so I really don't see how the examples I pointed out are bad at all. I do agree that "Falspawn" is a better name.

@redBadger22 Part of it may be because people are not aware of its existence. Plus, some people do care about story content quite a bit.

@NIC The censorship debate has been going on for well before the youtube video. My thread on censorship has been on the first page of the suggestion forums since August 7th.

Add the Couger Boss to that, it is supposed to appear in Challenge Mode but replaced by a Wolguarda.

PSO2 NA is censored and the same people crying over and over again won't change that. Maybe make a thread in the..... oh I don't know... the IN-GAME SUGGESTIONS space and see how that works out for you?

Also, the tweaker works and the glorious nippon option is right there.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in ALL THE CONTENT:

I cannot buy ACs on the glorious nippon version. It's too complicated to bypass their system and not so legal. But thank you for the suggestion 😊

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed I've been informing people in-game, on the censored gaming video, steam, and other social media on the existence of support tickets and the existing threads in suggestions if that matters.

@Michelle said in ALL THE CONTENT:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in ALL THE CONTENT:

I cannot buy ACs on the glorious nippon version. It's too complicated to bypass their system and not so legal. But thank you for the suggestion 😊

PSO2es, and it is not complicated at all! I'm sure you can have a parent or guardian help you out if needed! 😊

http://pso2es.10nub.es/