ALL THE CONTENT

@Archetype-Luna said in ALL THE CONTENT:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in ALL THE CONTENT:

Why do such an obvious and easy solution when instead I can try and fight a company over it?

Because there have been signs of feedback being taken into account? Because defeatism never accomplished anything? Because people do care about the global servers? Plenty of other reasons too, like being invested in the global servers, having friends on the global servers who don't want to move to JP, etc.

When do you accept reality versus wasting time? This time could be spent already on the JP server getting things done. Surely your friends feel as strongly as you do about the subject and would like to transfer over to JP as well? I just don't get it, it doesn't seem a worthy cause to fight for... Even with the censorship they are making bank and they seem to have no reason at this time of stopping.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed Again, defeatism never accomplished anything. Once you give up, you guarantee failure, but there is always a chance if you try. Also, most of my friends don't play PSO2 as much as I do and don't have the same level of income that I have, so the amount they have spent so far is a significant monetary investment for them, and they have reservations about giving up that monetary investment.

You may not see it as being worthwhile, but I do and it is my prerogative to keep on fighting. No one has any right to tell me what I should feel is worthwhile or not. Also, they were still making bank from SG Scratches from the whales buying it, but they still extended the SG Scratch; so again, there are signs of them listening to feedback, so I continue to believe that it is possible for censorship to be reversed. Other games such as Tera and BDO reversed their censorship as well.

Plus it would not take me long to get to where I am currently in NA, progress wise, in JP. JP really helps people power level to NA's current cap.

@Archetype-Luna said in ALL THE CONTENT:

@Aida-Enna I think the best argument for why people may not want to move over is due to having invested time and money into Global, as well as likely having friends who may not want to move over. So the idea of establishment is valid, though it is more due to having spent money or are socially established.

Though on the idea of having missed scratches or cosmetics, there may be some that people are waiting to come to Global that have already passed in JP. So it can be an issue depending on which cosmetics they want/

And that is absolutely a valid reason. Another one would be if all your friends are playing a version - Games like PSO2 are fun but way more fun when you play with friends or a dedicated group. I fully support people's decisions to play only NA or only JP or both.

The decision is definitely a lot easier if you haven't played either one or are just recently starting in one, but once you invest a lot of time in either version, it's harder to move to another one.

I don't think "just play JP lmao" is the be-all-end-all answer for everyone but I do understand why some people would have no issue doing that depending on a number of factors.

Realistically though, the censoring is unlikely to change without a large amount of pushback (like the SG stuff). It doesn't bother me personally, but I can understand how it might bother others and that's OK! Their opinions are just as valid as mine and I would never disparage them for that.

@Alevity said in ALL THE CONTENT:

These threads are deliberately bait. And should be deleted. There is no discussion. Do you understand what "No" means?

What "No", exactly...?

This is just like the Ship 4 mess on PC launch, the half-revival of mission pass season 1 we got in season 5, and probably one or two others. In all of these, we ultimately never got any reply.

You might be able to include the one or two topics about the Slave weapon set too, come to think of it. I don't remember if the GMs ever said they would ask about it, I just remember topics being erased. And yet, more than a month later, they mysteriously got renamed. If anything that should be expected to encourage anyone who has complained but not yet been told "No".

I guess if I have a point here, it's that it would be nice if they were to just make a post, announcement or something to say "This and this are not happening, and here's our reasoning". Just repeatedly deleting topics without ever giving an answer really isn't the best way to draw a line under matters players are clearly finding contentious.

And heck, if the reasoning has good merit behind it (rejection by a suitably important country's ratings board for instance) I'm sure that would even persuade some people who at the moment only have "content was removed" to go by.

@Miraglyth said in ALL THE CONTENT:

These threads are deliberately bait. And should be deleted. There is no discussion. Do you understand what "No" means?

What "No", exactly...?

This is just like the Ship 4 mess on PC launch, the half-revival of mission pass season 1 we got in season 5, and probably one or two others. In all of these, we ultimately never got any reply.

You might be able to include the one or two topics about the Slave weapon set too, come to think of it. I don't remember if the GMs ever said they would ask about it, I just remember topics being erased. And yet, more than a month later, they mysteriously got renamed. If anything that should be expected to encourage anyone who has complained but not yet been told "No".

I guess if I have a point here, it's that it would be nice if they were to just make a post, announcement or something to say "This and this are not happening, and here's our reasoning". Just repeatedly deleting topics without ever giving an answer really isn't the best way to draw a line under matters players are clearly finding contentious.

And heck, if the reasoning has good merit behind it (rejection by a suitably important country's ratings board for instance) I'm sure that would even persuade some people who at the moment only have "content was removed" to go by.

I do agree that at the very least, a Sega rep should at least give people an official reason for the change.

A reason for these things would be very good, if not so the speculation can come to an end. The unrest and arguing will continue until people get their way, but having solid facts would at least give us something to lean on.

@ApollosAmour said in ALL THE CONTENT:

@Zenny You can make cat girls or wear costumes, but I mean more like the WoW furries or the Hrothgar mains in XIV. People that are into anthro primarily. They're always on top of anything that offers a beastman, but PSO2 doesn't and they're still playing.

Although I doubt Zenny was talking anthro (and it's something most people don't have access to in NA so it's kinda moot), PSO2 lets you do that too. There's a "beast face" that got released as part of an SG sale that ended before the PC release that lets you get the whole animal nose/ears/face shebang, so if you wanted you could color your skin blue, get bulky, and be a deuman for the single horn and make a budget hrothgar.

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/sgshopsale0522

@NIC said in ALL THE CONTENT:

What "No", exactly...?

I do agree that at the very least, a Sega rep should at least give people an official reason for the change.

Unfortunately I feel even an "official" reason isn't going to stop most people. If anything, it will then just give them specifics to nitpick at.

What "No", exactly...?

Just letting you know that user was banned from these forums (And for good reason), so he probably won't be seeing your reply unless he just makes a new account.

That being said, I think SEGA now has a very serious problem on their hands. Their censorship has gotten so out of control that its now starting to get traction among some gaming media tubers. I believe we are at that point where the out of control censorship is now doing harm to the game and unless it stops SEGA faces the threat of seeing a collapse in player activity or at the very least a civil war between pro and anti censorship players, which to be fair we have started to see on these forums already.

Sadly in the end SEGA NA is extremely pro censorship so they will fight tooth in nail to have the ability to rip out and water down content for the NA server. I really hope that people know that there is a better alternative out there to the NA server and that they don't have to stand for the pro censorship motives of SEGA.

But that's just me, I don't really browse actively on these forums anymore because most people here can't be civil. My ignore list on my settings is actually so big it lags my browser a bit when opening it. Granted alot of those rude forum goers I have ignored have been banned (Would love to be able to remove banned users from my ignore list but can't, bug maybe?) so I am glad to see GM's are stepping in to clean up and remove disorderly users from here. That said, I migrated to JP with my alliance long ago and have been as happy as can be, so I've been avoiding this censorship war drama for the most part, but admittedly i was a big activist against it back when I was still on NA, I gave up on the fight after going to JP though but will still show my support for those trying to fight the censorship.

The alternative is out there, all you gotta do is take the first steps.

@Akonyl That's pretty cool. I'm pretty sure I wasn't around or just a leaf at the time, so I missed it. Thanks for letting me know 🙂

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in ALL THE CONTENT:

Unfortunately I feel even an "official" reason isn't going to stop most people. If anything, it will then just give them specifics to nitpick at.

I like to have more faith in players than that.

Pluck a random possibility out of the air. Suppose Microsoft and/or Sega JP became aware that if they didn't make changes, a random country - let's go with Canada - would ban the game. So they made the changes to enable a wider release.

Would everyone accept that? No. Would some of us? Certainly, because I would. I'd be irritated at the hypothetical big bad Canada, sure, but I'd understand the change.

Of course, if the reason is completely absurd, for instance "because we specifically wanted to make western players angry", then I wouldn't. I hope player could agree that that kind of reasoning would be worth challenging the way some players have been. Obviously I doubt it's anything like this.

@Zizel said in ALL THE CONTENT:

I think SEGA now has a very serious problem on their hands. Their censorship has gotten so out of control that its now starting to get traction among some gaming media tubers.

I'm never really a fan of influencer bandwagons. There are a bunch of comments like "I won't play it then" so I feel this kind of reporting might be causing harm. Maybe not too much and probably most of those comments aren't serious (if anyone was going to play it, why haven't they started already?), but without knowing anything else about the game it does cause more emphasis on the censorship of what really is minor portions of the game that prospective players can know about.

For me the bigger issue is the continuity gap. Thanks to the second chapter 8 substory, a deleted scene is now explicitly referenced as the sole reason of most of one character's actions during Episode 4. Beyond finding that to be a strange situation and undoubtedly a cause of confusion among players who don't know what's going on, I am also concerned that this substory scene might get removed in an update soon causing more severe lore omission.

@Zizel said in ALL THE CONTENT:

Sadly in the end SEGA NA is extremely pro censorship

Sega of America have virtually nothing to do with PSO2. The game is developed by Sega of Japan and localisation is supported by ESTsoft of America.

@Aida-Enna said in ALL THE CONTENT:

• This is also true in NA if you started today, so it's not an issue.

• This is also true in NA if you started today, so it's not an issue.

• No you do not, Ship 2 is largely mostly EN players. People who don't know anything about the JP language have no issue playing the game with others. JP players are also really quiet and hardly talk to strangers, so it wouldn't be an issue even if we ignored what I said previously.

• If you have a phone, you can buy premium. You can use any credit card or google play balance, like all other things.

• It would take them approximately a day or so to catch up in JP to where they are in NA, thanks to the overwhelming amount of boosts and keys and ways JP powerlevels you to 75/80.

And no, people are just lazy. That's why they don't play JP, even though it requires the same amount of steps/work as installing the NA version, and you get an objectively better translated version with more content. Ironically, it was actually easier to get into JP and play then it was for NA when it first released.

All moot points. Let me explain why. the Global game, has been around for a much shorter time-span and is much more incentivizing to newer players as they're given the chance to quickly get on top of the newer stuff as it comes, not 8 years into it's life-span where those players have been grinding and building up for years to boot. This is base MMO logic. It's like trying to say a new WoW player should have every mount,achievement,pet etc on day 1. It doesn't work. Same applies to PSO2, it takes a longer time to get there the later you are and the scales between JP and Global are vastly different.

I am already aware of this "ship 2" this does not mean all players. Which can in turn make getting content much more complicated compared to global.

Yes and we shouldn't be needing to go to such lengths to supply currency for these games. It's not a case of laziness but there's a reason you have to go to such extremes to get the currency to do so. It's because it's not supposed to be paid for outside that region.

Levelling was not the focus point. Most MMO's have good catch-up mechanics. This included. But good luck catching up on everything else. The whole basis doesn't come down to laziness, all has it's logic.

I don't mind engaging in these discussions, they interest me and I could go about it for some good time so let's keep it flowing shall we? I'm not here to support censorship or unsupport it personally as I don't mind either way. Just engage in some healthy debate.

@Nerzarn There are some issues with your argument I feel I need to point, and I'm not trying to be rude but they are issues that someone who's never played on the JP server would bring up. Perhaps I misread your points though so if I did, sorry, but allow me to just clarify some things.

I am already aware of this "ship 2" this does not mean all players. Which can in turn make getting content much more complicated compared to global.

Are you referring to being unable to search for items in the market because of the Japanese language barrier? Because the market place is able to search for items in English text as well. You can easily type in the English name for an item and have results for that item pop up. On top of that the tweaker translates the game in English and that includes market place search results so you should have no problem at all trying to find an item you are looking for.

Yes and we shouldn't be needing to go to such lengths to supply currency for these games. It's not a case of laziness but there's a reason you have to go to such extremes to get the currency to do so. It's because it's not supposed to be paid for outside that region.

Its actually very easy to get premium currency on PSO JP. The best way is to use PSO2 ES which, by the way, the tweaker team also translated into english. It takes maybe 3 button presses on a phone and thats it, you have your AC. There is no complicated issue here, no credit card fraud. Its definitely not that hard and this is coming form some who who only started playing JP server a few months back for the first time. The saying "make a mountain out of a molehill" applies here pretty well.

From your other post:

You need to understand JP speaking players

No you absolutely do not. As mentioned ship 2 is primarily english speakers. But I have played on other ships on the JP server and most of those I have played with have been JP players. Most JP players aren't interested in speaking to you anyway everyone just really wants to play the game. On top of that you'd be surprised how many JP players are willing to speak english to communicate with you if the need arises. But saying "You need to understand JP speaking players" is just a flat out lie. The language barrier on PSO2 JP is not an issue in the slightest and JP players really dont care what language you speak, just so long as you can play the game.

Some of these players are probably established on the west and have to recover some months on JP

A somewhat fair point, but needs to be downplayed a little. Getting to lvl 80 on JP is very easy, to start with JP offers 1mil exp tickets like candy, but aside from that there are certain contents and modes on JP that are strictly for boosting players to lvl 80 fast. You can easily get a class to lvl 80 in the span of 1-3 days. So catching up lvl wise is not an issue. Its faster to lvl in JP then it is on NA for this reason.

Gear wise, JP offers better gear and its pretty cheap on the market. 14 star weapons for example are relatively cheap, ranging from 20k - 50+k for some basic ones, gear which is already better then what NA has so gearing up on PSO2 JP from scratch is relatively quick and easy, and cheap. Now granted 14 star gear is not the best but its still there and available.

In the end everything Aida says is true. I can see where your argument is coming from but it lacks understanding because you haven't actually experienced what JP has to offer. I was doubtful at first to but in the end I find it just to be a better server overall, in every way, and that's why I choose to support it and not the NA server.

@Fighter-Fairy said in ALL THE CONTENT:

"During our E3 2019 announcement, one of the lines read “All the Content”, and we know many of you must be wondering what it means for the launch of PSO2 in North America. Well, we intend to keep this promise while also making sure series veterans and newcomers alike get to experience the story unfolding with each new episode release as it was originally intended."

Even boobs in the game will stop jiggling before the fingers can move if censorship keep happening.

Censorship of underaged girls and boys is fine. Our culture is different from Japan, so are our laws. Thus also why the height restriction. Time to grow up. Heck we still getting the raunchy outfits, one of which released in the last scratch.

Height restriction stays, unless ofc, they put on permanent innerwear for any character created under 151cm.

We got plenty of children playing this game after all. Cant have them seeing characters looking their own age in speedos doing a chair dance, or a banana boat.

@Paladin Laws are not an issue as it has been explained before. If a child plays this game it is on their parent or guardian. The game is not meant for children. Height restriction can be removed without any strings.