Ep4 Substory Duel

Except I feel like I won't make the timer. I only have an Elder Rifle at the moment and damage to her is slow. Rangers don't really have anything that hits hard in a short time span and without any weak points to shoot I'm missing out on +30% damage. Not to mention I have to deal double effective damage during phase 2 because again, launchers are not gonna work here.

But again, we have some EP6 buffed version, so that's kind of unfair to us.

@Hatsodoom Yeah, the version may be some levels above us indeed. Also, disperser shot or whatever is called is pretty much a point blank shotgun blast, and stealth shot is good for super quick pot shots from afar. The rest is really learning the pattern and attacking when she's walking or landing from her fire attacks. Some of them take her a few seconds to reel.

I'll have to try that PA, totally forgot about it. If anything though still don't think I'll be able to make the timer.

@Ephemiel said in Ep4 Substory Duel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VufawM-GPA0

With Ranger.

this is an outdated video. the Phaleg in the video is pre-ep6 patched easy ver.

@Ash-Lv1 said in Ep4 Substory Duel:

@Ephemiel said in Ep4 Substory Duel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VufawM-GPA0

With Ranger.

this is an outdated video. the Phaleg in the video is pre-ep6 patched easy ver.

The buff mainly gave her more HP and damage, it didn't change anything else.

Also apparently you get a title when you beat her, per class, so lots of titles there.

OH RIGHT, I can hover while using positron and slide zero. Also yah, it gave her more HP and damage during an era with gear more powerful than what we have. There's an imbalance to that,

For Hunters, using A LOT of Blaze Parry seems to work too.

You need Phaleg-levels of timing and a lot of trial and error, but pretty much just spamming Blaze Parry to go through her attacks is a good strategy, especially with how hard it hits once you block something.

Still, will the launcher dummy keep her distracted in this version? From my experience, the few bosses I tried it on seemed to ignore it and target me. So I haven't tried it on this one yet..

Yah I tried it, either I dunno how it works or it doesn't work here,

Usage should be easy. Just shoot and watch the mobs attack it until it explodes. If after deploying the boss targets you, then it doesn't work on them.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Ep4 Substory Duel:

Still, will the launcher dummy keep her distracted in this version? From my experience, the few bosses I tried it on seemed to ignore it and target me. So I haven't tried it on this one yet..

On the Ranger video i posted, he uses the dummy and it does seem to grab her attention, but since it was pre-buff, idk if they changed that.

They did. Also yah, has too much HP for me to take down in time. My Iron Will activated constantly and I only died in the final 10 seconds. If not for the resistance on phase 2 I could of done it, phase 1 took me about 3 minutes. I found that you can get out a 2nd charge Satellite Cannon after the fire dive if you start charging before the fall, gets 2 solid hits in. But even then I couldn't do enough damage, need weapons we don't have yet. Pre-buff, I'd have no problem.

ya i don't know why they put E6 buff on the quest , they could of waited until we got to E6 to put that buff up

It seems the launcher dummy does work. You have only very few seconds for it to change weapons and nuke, but I can confirm it still works. As for resistances, phase 2 gets a 50% resistance to the weapon you used on phase 1