Thoughts on the Founders Bundle

"In-game Subscription (Consumable)"

It does say that next to it(Mission Pass Gold ticket), that Battle Pass is what I thought of when it said that as well.

@PennilessImp749 said in Thoughts on the Founders Bundle:

Gold Mission Pass, is a Battle Pass, new to the North America Server.

Not to be mistaken with Gold Bonus Keys for Bonus Missions.

So they've announced a bundle with a battle pass before announcing what battle passes entail. That's exactly what I'm talking about. >.>

Granted, I'm buying it day one no problem, of course. It's easily worth, even thought I couldn't care less about sonic or the sonic cosmetics, but the poor communication and lack of common sense is real.

@LockeKosta said in Thoughts on the Founders Bundle:

So they've announced a bundle with a battle pass before announcing what battle passes entail. That's exactly what I'm talking about. >.>

Granted, I'm buying it day one no problem, of course. It's easily worth, even thought I couldn't care less about sonic or the sonic cosmetics, but the poor communication and lack of common sense is real.

Well you Can't buy the Founders Pack yet can you? You can only buy it when OBT is here, and that Information you are so desperate for will be readily available for you to gaze your eyes upon and inspect if its worth your money or not.

I have super mixed feelings on it because I actually really dislike founder's passes.

That said, this is the first one that I've seen that I actually may bother getting and not really feel I'm being ripped off as the stuff I want/would pay for is equal to the price alone anyway and this gets a lot of bonuses.

So I would say my only real issue still with these is that I feel bad for people who maybe just want the exclusive items and not all the add-ons as that always drives up the price (though, these are at least pretty good add-ons and I actually want them which is rare for me with Founder's Packs), but there are still Smaller Packs to be revealed so maybe those will work things out.

On a more personal point, the lack of any Amy Rose-related items in this collaboration pack makes me sad.

I also agree on the sentiments that I'm surprised they didn't list out more information of what each thing is from the get-go, but they said more information is coming so hopefully that'll all be listed when it's actually up for sale.

Well you Can't buy the Founders Pack yet can you? You can only buy it when OBT is here, and that Information you are so desperate for will be readily available for you to gaze your eyes upon and inspect if its worth your money or not.

1. I'm not desperate for anything. Don't mis-characterize my tone please.

2. That doesn't remotely excuse this marketing and PR methodology that shows a complete lack of common sense or thought put into it. I'm as excited for pso 2's NA release as anyone, but that doesn't make these people infallible gods who don't deserve criticism when they make mistakes and oversights, which they have done in this instance.

1. I'm not desperate for anything. Don't mis-characterize my tone please.

2. That doesn't remotely excuse this marketing and PR methodology that shows a complete lack of common sense or thought put into it. I'm as excited for pso 2's NA release as anyone, but that doesn't make these people infallible gods who don't deserve criticism when they make mistakes and oversights, which they have done in this instance.

I agree with you 100%

I think it's important as a community we communicate when. They're great and when they're bad.

Coming from DCUO on several issues they really took player feedback into account and made several changes based on this feedback.

I'm not desperate for anything. Don't mis-characterize my tone please.

Apologies, I did not mean any ill intent by my message. Just thought you were wanting information which isnt yet available, but it will be soon.

do any of these items have expiring dates? or will they stay in your inventory?

@Princesse-Jen said in Thoughts on the Founders Bundle:

I have super mixed feelings on it because I actually really dislike founder's passes.

That said, this is the first one that I've seen that I actually may bother getting and not really feel I'm being ripped off as the stuff I want/would pay for is equal to the price alone anyway and this gets a lot of bonuses.

So I would say my only real issue still with these is that I feel bad for people who maybe just want the exclusive items and not all the add-ons as that always drives up the price (though, these are at least pretty good add-ons and I actually want them which is rare for me with Founder's Packs), but there are still Smaller Packs to be revealed so maybe those will work things out.

On a more personal point, the lack of any Amy Rose-related items in this collaboration pack makes me sad.

I also agree on the sentiments that I'm surprised they didn't list out more information of what each thing is from the get-go, but they said more information is coming so hopefully that'll all be listed when it's actually up for sale.

PSO 2 is one of the mmos who does F2P right by allowing cosmetics/exclusive items to be sold by players to others. I know a lot of people like to cry out p2w when that's the case, but it gives f2p players or those who can't afford certain bundles a way to still seek them out and obtain them in-game. I'll be selling the cosmetics from my bundle for instance - maybe not right away cause I know how the market will work with these things ; D, but they will be obtainable for those who really want them but can't afford the cash at least.

I'm not desperate for anything. Don't mis-characterize my tone please.

Apologies, I did not mean any ill intent by my message. Just thought you were wanting information which isnt yet available, but it will be soon.

All good. I don't personally really care either way cause I have the disposable income and am going to get the sub and battle pass and whatever else regardless of what they entail unless they become really bad monetary deals, which I doubt will happen.

I'm more responding as just a party that cares about the overall health of the game, its player base, and as someone who works in this industry too. I do understand the difficulty of their position, but even with all the benefit of the doubt that's due, it's a pretty big, "Come On, Man!" blunder really. At least relay a few hints, a couple sentences, of what would be included in these things and/or what they are.

The reality of the situation is that they probably already have premium and battle pass explanation posts scheduled and ready to go. But for some reason someone in charge decided to post, what is in my opinion, out of order.

It's really either people buy it if they want to or they don't. If they feel that they are lacking in content than others, then that's their personal problem.

It's a day one buy for me and I'm having a field day at new players saying it cost to much or that everything should not cost money cause its f2p

I planned on dropping around 60 dollars on Ragol memories anyways, so yeah... >.> this is a good start. If I don't get my HUney costume, anyone want to trade if they don't want it? <.<

I don't think Ragol stuff will be tradeable unfortunately

@sKRuBbyD3KbruSh said in Thoughts on the Founders Bundle:

I planned on dropping around 60 dollars on Ragol memories anyways, so yeah... >.> this is a good start. If I don't get my HUney costume, anyone want to trade if they don't want it? <.<

Dont you exchange the memories directly for what you want? I don't think they're RNG, but idk for sure.

Edit: Here's a link to the JP Ragol shop prices: https://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?交換ショップ%2Fバッヂ&メモリ交換ショップ

PSO 2 is one of the mmos who does F2P right by allowing cosmetics/exclusive items to be sold by players to others. I know a lot of people like to cry out p2w when that's the case, but it gives f2p players or those who can't afford certain bundles a way to still seek them out and obtain them in-game. I'll be selling the cosmetics from my bundle for instance - maybe not right away cause I know how the market will work with these things ; D, but they will be obtainable for those who really want them but can't afford the cash at least.

I played the Japanese version so I know ^^; But some people would prefer to spend real money on the items is my point and don't want all the extra stuff with them.

As an example, I am exceptionally terrible at earning money in games. This is because most "quick money grinding" requires either playing the market (which I hate to do) or doing repeatable dailies like the time trial quests (which not only am I bad at, I can't stand dailies and rarely do most quests more than once so I usually don't have a lot of in-game currency to my name.

Not to mention that some of the items from this are consumable which means once the Founder Pack stops selling (because unfortunately, it always will-- the other big issue I have with Founder Packs and why one of my suggestions involved things cycling back every so often), some items could literally end up no longer existing at all due to all being used.

For people in my situation, or even people who maybe just want items to invest, they may have no interest in any of the other things tagged on (Exception being the Premium Pass for those who are investing) if they aren't usually the type to bother with the AC or Scratch Cards. Some people also just don't like getting extra stuff they don't plan to use.

Pretty much the only items I got in PSO2 when I played in Japan were either gifts, me getting incredibly lucky with AC Tickets, me somehow catching the market with cheaper prices, or me literally importing items for codes because I would never be able to afford them off the market otherwise.

@sKRuBbyD3KbruSh said in Thoughts on the Founders Bundle:

Dont you exchange the memories directly for what you want? I don't think they're RNG, but idk for sure.

Yeah, I believe it's a straight exchange similar to like... the Badge Shop or something. I'm just sad as I would need 9 to get everything I want so I have to decide between two smaller items or one costume.