Thoughts on the Founders Bundle

@DKGJustus Iā€™m playing on the JP side and I can see this is a deal

@SaviorZero82 I think he added that qualifier because anyone playing on JP could have price checked it themselves. He just wanted to reassure non-JP players. šŸ˜‰

@ShadyMilkman I just think of it like a 'collector's edition' bundle. 60 bucks to get cosmetics, and here's a ton of goodies to basically 'justtify' the amount. It's the price of a title nowadays.

@SaviorZero82 Definitely :D. Access to those memories so easily is awesome as well.

Does the Founders Edition come with everything that's in the Ragol Edition?

@OG-Pooh said in Thoughts on the Founders Bundle:

The FOunders Edition comes with a lot more. The Ragol Edition only has 2 differences: It has a lot less things included and it is have more Ragol Memories than the Founders Edition.

@JamarisCollie said in Thoughts on the Founders Bundle:

@ShadyMilkman I just think of it like a 'collector's edition' bundle. 60 bucks to get cosmetics, and here's a ton of goodies to basically 'justtify' the amount. It's the price of a title nowadays.

A collectors edition without having to pay for the price of the game!

@Ragnawind said in Thoughts on the Founders Bundle:

The FOunders Edition comes with a lot more. The Ragol Edition only has 2 differences: It has a lot less things included and it is have more Ragol Memories than the Founders Edition.

Thanks, but yeah I realize Founders has a lot more stuff. What I'm unsure of is... Does the Founders Edition come with everything that's in the Ragol Edition or is the Ragol content found ONLY in the Ragol Edition?

@OG-Pooh Ragol Edition includes 10 Ragol Memories, which Founders Edition only has 5 of them. That's the only point Ragol Edition is better. For other 3 items included in Ragol Edition, exactly the same items are included in Founders Edttion too.

And if we are short of Ragol Memories, we expect we would be able to buy additional ones through Ragol Fashion Pack. Still the details of the Fashion Pack is yet to be announced.

@Ragnawind said in Thoughts on the Founders Bundle:

Thanks, but yeah I realize Founders has a lot more stuff. What I'm unsure of is... Does the Founders Edition come with everything that's in the Ragol Edition or is the Ragol content found ONLY in the Ragol Edition?

The Sonic/Founder's Edition comes with M/F Sonic Suits, Sonic and Tails emotes, Sonic hands weapon camo, a Sonic mask accessory, 5 Ragol Memory (can be redeemed for PSO-related goods like music discs, posters, accessories, etc.), 5 10-slot inventory expansions, 30 days of Premium, gold Mission Pass ticket (we currently do not know what this is), a beauty salon pass, 5 50-slot character storage expansions, 15 +150% EXP boosts, 10 +125% tri-boosts (experience, meseta, and rare drop rate), 500 grinders, 12 AC scratch tickets, and 99 enhancement aid +50% items.

The Ragol Edition comes with 10 Ragol Memory instead of 5, 30 days of Premium, gold Mission Pass ticket, and 12 AC scratch tickets.

You do not get storage or inventory expansions, any of the cosmetics/emotes, the beauty salon pass, tri/exp boosts, grinders, or grinding aids. You do, however, get 5 more Ragol Memory to exchange for PSO-related goods. In my opinion, both packs are pretty good deals. If you aren't interested in the Sonic stuff, you shouldn't feel pressured to get it because you can get the quality of life features like inventory/character expansions piecemeal.

For what it's worth, I have several hundred hours on JP servers and did not feel pressured to buy anything. When the PSO2 Twitter account says "play to win," that's exactly what they mean. I never felt held back by not having premium and some premium features, like the player store or bigger rooms, were occasionally available to free players as FUN scratch rewards.

@Fiona-Respha said in Thoughts on the Founders Bundle:

@OG-Pooh

And if we are short of Ragol Memories, we expect we would be able to buy additional ones through Ragol Fashion Pack. Still the details of the Fashion Pack is yet to be announced.

Replies by PSO2 on Twitter says the fashion pack is identical to ragol memories but isn't linked to a client and can be bought multiple times. So those with founders pack just need to buy fashion pack but those without can buy the ragol memories edition.

@Kedlin313 Ah, thanks! Then that's probably the way I goes šŸ˜„

JP server has done some campaigns now and then, like "buy 90 days premium subscription and get this awesome stuff!". For this reason, I usually want to keep my premium subscription as short as possible.

@Fiona-Respha the beauty of them being consumables šŸ™‚ I'll probably hold off using my first until I've done all the starter fluff etc

I think it's a deal but the kind of deal to me that's like a boat on sale for half price and i don't live near any water.

we still don't have any idea what's in the premium other than going off japan and if it's the same it falls in line with my above sentence. The battle pass , however, i don't think anyone has any idea of what's in it.

I am looking at it this way. I will be leveling, enjoying myself, and ultimately my favorite class is etoile. Judging by the forums i may not see that for a while anyways. So what exactly is premium going to do for me? What will the battle pass do? I am not a fan of the sonic costumes and if i was , i'd definitely purchase it.

i want to give them money, but I will probably wait and see a while.

@Taconight1977 said in Thoughts on the Founders Bundle:

i want to give them money, but I will probably wait and see a while.

This. I'll probably get the Ragol edition, or at least the Fashion pack right now but we don't know what AC scratch the tickets will be used for and there is literally no info on the mission pass and I'd honestly rather like to know what I will be spending 30 dollars on.. I originally had planned on waiting for a scratch I really liked, and maybe getting the mission pass to see what it's sub would entail, but I think with how there's literally no information available.. idk it just makes me nervous about it. 30 bucks is a lot of money for a whole lot of nothing, haha. I don't really care for the premium that much, but it is helpful and maybe it will help me get all of my classes to MAX quicker so I can try to get class cubes before they raise the cap, if they haven't already.. Those 4 extra SP help, lol.

This whole thing has just made me realize that maybe I am too old for this shit now. On JPN, they announce their scratches and content sometimes up to a month+ in advance. It just weirds me out that we aren't getting the same kind of service, but maybe they're also trying to quietly get through beta without much drama, and then ramp up the marketing once PCkeks stop crying and shit-flinging. I really do think that they're in a very weird spot with that, and I wish the marketing team the best as they try to navigate the beta and release. Haha, give me a job? I'll hand out warnings for free subs šŸ˜›