Thoughts on the Founders Bundle

Has it been said yet if we’re getting a founders title just like jp?

@mesetan hasn't but probably safe to assume so.

@PennilessImp749 said in Thoughts on the Founders Bundle:

Well I hope they introduce ways to get more Ragol Memory, because 5 x Ragol Memory isnt going to get you much from the shop considering that there are over 100 items in the shop ranging from 1 - 5 Memories Each. Not that it bothers me that much as I never played the Original PSO, but I am sure other people might want to get more of the items.

Do you know how players can obtain Ragol Memory? Is that something you usually buy from the shop or do you earn it ingame?

So, here's how I look at it. No matter how you spin it, $59.99 is NOT a good deal for some cosmetics and inventory space. A better deal than buying individually on JP, yes. But by no means a bargain. That's the price of an entire "normal" game. It's actually MORE expensive than the past couple Sonic games even (Forces and Team Sonic Racing were both $39.99 at launch).

HOWEVER, given that PSO2 is free to play, and offers a vast wealth of content without ever paying a dime, I don't look at this Founder's Pack as a "purchase" per se. Rather, I view it as a voluntary donation, with the items being the equivalent of like. A commerative T-Shirt given out as a bonus. You're not paying for the content itself, but paying to show support and hopefully keep the game running.

In that light, it is definitely worthwhile, and I'll absolutely be picking it up for myself.

EDIT: Also paying to convince SEGA to bring us more Phantasy Star

@JimmBimm On the JP server, the Ragol Memories were often given as scratch bonuses; they also came out with Phantasy Star Zero Memories that could be converted to Ragol Memories. It was kind of like this: alt text

The most frustrating thing about the memories though was that the amount offered as bonuses seemed to differ from scratch to scratch. Sometimes you'd have a shot at getting more than 1, sometimes just 1, or sometimes it just wasn't offered as a bonus at all for that particular scratch!

I just hope there no buy now or farm/regret/wait for months/years bundle like Warframe urg . I know that free to play need to have a way to make money but when you want a prime(a buffed version) weapon/frame/cosmetic(only in bundle) and got to wait for ages ,26 primes frames now with 2 to 4 new prime bundle per year + 2 to 4 old bundle combo (2 older bundle for cheaper but less premium currency), it suck especially when all primes have better look and stats.

So I had a day to think on if I was gonna get it or not and I have decided I will get it because there might not be another chance to get it again so I'll be buying it day 1 of open beta

@Madchimera9560 said in Thoughts on the Founders Bundle:

I just hope there no buy now or farm/regret/wait for months/years bundle like Warframe urg . I know that free to play need to have a way to make money but when you want a prime(a buffed version) weapon/frame/cosmetic(only in bundle) and got to wait for ages ,26 primes frames now with 2 to 4 new prime bundle per year + 2 to 4 old bundle combo (2 older bundle for cheaper but less premium currency), it suck especially when all primes have better look and stats.

That's an unfair representation of both Warframe and the PSO 2 system, because those items that are no longer available are almost always available to get from players if you look hard enough, which is the benefit of them being tradable by players.

That also said, kinda sounds like you're really sour about Warframe since there's no "prime" equivalent in PSO 2 and that's what you seem to be really focused on. PSO 2's AC shop is mostly cosmetic with consumables that help expedite certain processes. Your weapon/stats are all about what you find as drops and aren't tied to the cash shop unless you want to make a leap in logic about drop rate increases and bonus keys.

@LockeKosta Unfair maybe I am, i am a bit sour a bit about Warframe , i know you can buy part from other players but not the cosmetics(armor pieces,gliphs and syandanas). I can understand collab thing be limit time.

I just use Warframe as a exemple as i have play it , i didn.t know what PSO 2 shop have.

Is there enough goods cosmetics to reach cosmetic Valhalla ? (my poor wallet)

Will people outside of America be able to purchase the founder pack? UK for example?

@Aviarei said in Thoughts on the Founders Bundle:

@JimmBimm On the JP server, the Ragol Memories were often given as scratch bonuses; they also came out with Phantasy Star Zero Memories that could be converted to Ragol Memories. It was kind of like this:

The most frustrating thing about the memories though was that the amount offered as bonuses seemed to differ from scratch to scratch. Sometimes you'd have a shot at getting more than 1, sometimes just 1, or sometimes it just wasn't offered as a bonus at all for that particular scratch!

Oh, thanks for the explanation. It's a bit overwhelming how much systems and "currencies" there are. But I guess I will get a hang of it once we are able to play a bit more :).

@mesetan said in Thoughts on the Founders Bundle:

Will people outside of America be able to purchase the founder pack? UK for example?

If your credit card doesn't work in the US store you can actually buy gift cards and redeem them. Haven't tried it in a while but I used to buy gift cards from amazon, set my xbox to USA and it was no problem to redeem them.

@GM-Rappie said in Thoughts on the Founders Bundle:

Hey guys! Just to let you know. The Mission Pass Gold Ticket is not the same as the golden bonus keys in PSO2 JP. These tickets will be explained in a separate article that will be coming soon. ヾ(•ω•`) For new players, Ragol Memories will be explained as well later on.

Ragol Memories have now been explained for those interested: https://pso2.com/news/announcements/ragol

They are also releasing packs for the Ragol Memories, it seems, with the Ragol Edition itself priced at $30 with 10 Ragol memories.

For anyone who may be wondering, I think this confirms that you will have to buy the Founders Pack, and/or new Ragol Edition through the Microsoft Store, since they apparently come with the client included: https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1238514138181070850

@mesetan you'll need to set your region to USA and when redeeming a prepaid card (Amazon .com does digital delivery) you'll be prompted for a USA address. I used university dorms 😉