Thoughts on the Founders Bundle

Update: so with more info coming out it looks like these items bundled together are about a 60% savings vs. individual purchasing (in terms of JP server equivalent)

Thanks to some of the posters for getting this info.

Founders bundle was announced today with a bunch of digital goodies.

I'll admit the 59.99 price point was kind of shocking to me (I think mainly because I don't know how much time or money this bundle is saving me). Coming from other MMOs and other FTP very rarely do you see purchases with this price point.

I didn't play much on JP servers so I'm not aware of how much I'm saving or how rare these items (apparently the inventory expansions are a huge deal).

I want to hear everyone else's thoughts on this package? How do you feel about the price? The items? The value? Optics?

I'd love to get a discussion going.

If 60 dollars is a "good value" for all of the items included, what does that say about the price of the items if they were purchased otherwise? Just how much will things cost in the US version of the game?

I'll say this. The pack is a stealer because every values in that pack are much cheaper than they originally give you in JP. It's a founders pack and most MMORPGs charge more than $60. It goes from $90-200. It's optional pack. People don't have to buy it if they don't want to.

If they find it to be P2W beneficial package, then that's unfortunate logic by their thinking.

Did you see how much is in there? It’s a good price for PSO2 and would be a good price for comparable stuff in most any other MMO. FFXIV hasn’t ever had anything comparable because they’re a pay to play game and they don’t have anything other than cosmetics or account services to buy. However, if they did make a bundle - looking at the prices for everything they sell - it certainly wouldn’t be cheaper than this.

Plus, you know, support the free to play game.

@LapisWave said in Thoughts on the Founders Bundle:

I'll say this. The pack is a stealer because every values in that pack are much cheaper than they originally give you in JP. It's a founders pack and most MMORPGs charge more than $60. It goes from $90-200. It's optional pack. People don't have to buy it if they don't want to.

If they find it to be P2W beneficial package, then that's unfortunate logic by their thinking.

I haven't seen anyone call it pay to win. I think where Sega is dropping the ball is not justifying the value. How much time or money am I saving?

If a super market puts soup on "sale" and doesn't tell me how much the soup originally cost how do I know what type of deal am I getting?

As an aside for this -

Will this still be available for PC players to buy? Seems silly to pass up an income opportunity, but still... Very interested and curious.

This deal is crazy good. Don't pass it up.

@ZephyrAM said in Thoughts on the Founders Bundle:

Did you see how much is in there? It’s a good price for PSO2 and would be a good price for comparable stuff in most any other MMO. FFXIV hasn’t ever had anything comparable because they’re a pay to play game and they don’t have anything other than cosmetics or account services to buy. However, if they did make a bundle - looking at the prices for everything they sell - it certainly wouldn’t be cheaper than this.

Plus, you know, support the free to play game.

Oh I agree I don't think the value is bad. Coming from DCUO the comparables for this would make this package a GREAT value.

I think ultimately there is some sticker shock as the game is still in beta and usually you see these items offered in much smaller packages at lower price points.

Most FTP games don't rely on the "one time" whale purchase but use the "death by a thousand cuts" model.

Don't like the outfit but still going to buy the bundle love the value in that bundle. If it's still avaiable when pc version launches

@ZephyrAM said in Thoughts on the Founders Bundle:

As an aside for this -

Will this still be available for PC players to buy? Seems silly to pass up an income opportunity, but still... Very interested and curious.

100% Sega isn't going to pass up the opportunity for 60 bucks. I bet this bundle stays on the marketplace for a few weeks as a purchase option. "Founders" is a very loose term

If you wanted to buy the same thing in AC it would cost you 2 to 2.5x as much. So roughly double+ your investment of $60.

@kyamell said in Thoughts on the Founders Bundle:

Don't like the outfit but still going to buy the bundle love the value in that bundle.

What makes it a good value to you? I'm just trying to expand the discussion a bit.

Am i saving 50% on the individual purchase price of these items? Am I saving 30 hours worth of grinding? I just want to know the metric you are basing the value on.

hmmm the outfits are kinda meh and for $60 for the set along with alot of other stuff to get you started is worth it but watch when those sonic outfits go for like 10mil+ meseta like in a years time LOL.

@NatPSO said in Thoughts on the Founders Bundle:

If you wanted to buy the same thing in AC it would cost you 2 to 2.5x as much. So roughly double+ your investment of $60.

Awesome deal then? Are most of these items currently available in the JP version? If so you wouldn't know prices?

@ShadyMilkman

Yes they are. Just the AC Scratch tickets, the premium, and the inventory increase alone is like $60 in value. That's not including everything else.

The Triboosts, Gold Bonus Key, and EXP 150%s will definitely help you level up too. It's more in percent than what you can normally receive in game unless you buy them. I wouldn't use the bonus key until you're higher level though.