If you could, what would you add to NGS?

A few rules:

• Try and maintain maturity and positivity.
  • If someone already stated something you liked to see, you have to quote them and reply with a new idea.
  • You have to give a minimum of 1 idea and a maximum of 3.
  • The idea has to be game related and can not be about social, management, corporation, or personal topics.
  • Be creative and have fun with it.

Here are a few ideas to get the party started.

1. Weapon Idea: I would like to see a 1 handed whip weapon.
  2. New feature/mode idea: I would add a raid feature for long plus hour quests like Mother Trinity's tower from PSO Zero.
  3. Task management idea: Ability drop items, and or trade during a quest to give a friend an item to help you out during a raid.
  4. Map Idea: A moving landscape map, like on a boat that rocks while in the ocean, and then you have to fight a kraken style boss.
  5. New Class balances Idea: Make it so any class if used as subclass is able to use weapon/skills of primary and secondary equally. This makes those "META" builds more balanced. (1.Hunter/2.Braver here.)
  6. New Class idea: Quana Assassin class with cloak. Or Necromancer/Apprentice summoner. (enemies spawn to help/mind control)
  7. Alliance idea: Redo it from ground up. More customization and control. Perhaps even Alliance wars/competitions.
  8. New enemies: Skeletons or Dead/Horror land.
  9. New Quest: Revisit the past. Back to PSO 1 And 2 Most famous events. Like RRR PD fight.
  10. Open World GTA Style planet for us to discover, run quest, and explore.

Just some ideas. Let me hear yours.

I don't think we have enough information to know what's in NGS - some of the things you listed like class balance may be planned already - since we are starting over from lv1 class/skills/balance would probably very different from PSO2.

Though I personally liked the base building in Phantasy Star NOVA, wonder if we can do something similar for alliances.

It needs a proper gear progression system, enough with the RNG. Reward players who work hard for drops instead of relying on completely random drops with a blatantly nasty drop rate %.

Example, you want to do a raid - lets say you need a gear score of 100, to get that score you need to do several dungeons, or open world events that will steadily provide you the route to get that gear score without resorting to sheer random luck.

Lets say, open world event *aka similar to Guild Wars 2, players participate and hope to get drops, if you don't get drops everyone gets tokens or some sort of currency that can be traded for gear that will help you achieve the gear score needed for progression.

Once you hit the progression requirement for raid 1, you can then earn gear/tokens whatever for the next progression etc, the trick is keeping the flow so the player isn't bombarded with brick walls that rely purely on RNG. Once you have the route forward for progression so the player feels they are making progress, they'll keep playing and paying if necessary however once a player hits dead ends and brickwalls, thats when they quit.

I really like #9. I can see #6&8 happening, but with the Dolls. Would be an interesting style.

What I would like is a greater range of ability modifiers to suit peoples playstyles. Ability1 normally does x type damage, change it to y type. Want to turn it into a damage over time. How about heal based on damage done. And the such.

I would add zalure and og jellen from old pso and give it back to the forces debuff techniques

@HarmlessSyan said in If you could, what would you add to NGS?:

I don't think we have enough information to know what's in NGS - some of the things you listed like class balance may be planned already - since we are starting over from lv1 class/skills/balance would probably very different from PSO2.

Though I personally liked the base building in Phantasy Star NOVA, wonder if we can do something similar for alliances.

It's not if it can or can't its a hypothetical. You are running Sega PSO NGS. And you are telling your game developers what you want to see and your putting it in. The nova system was nice.

@Amari-Kigu I do like rewarding people based on skill over luck. I got the nickname black cat for a reason.

@MagmaBlaze I often thought that when leveling up range. It would be nice to have a mod system similar to how warframe is. When you mode a weapon or frame, you are doing it for your play style.

@ComplexZeru Yes, yes yes. I been wanting rafoil forever!!!!

Subspace travel enabling players to visit other universes such as Gurhal and Coral. Algol is a special case kinda but not really explained in episode 5.

This was all set up in a series of scenes not yet released in this version.

Customize personal vehicles, AIS, such as paint jobs, different accessories, rim designs, weapon camos etc. Gardening, growing herbs to make custom potions or weave material into cloth for furniture, just more things to keep people busy and sell stuff like "stamina" drinks for their business model. I love the persistent GTA-open world idea would make the game feel really alive.

Tall female characters.

@CosmicDiva said in If you could, what would you add to NGS?:

Customize personal vehicles, AIS, such as paint jobs, different accessories, rim designs, weapon camos etc. Gardening, growing herbs to make custom potions or weave material into cloth for furniture, just more things to keep people busy and sell stuff like "stamina" drinks for their business model. I love the persistent GTA-open world idea would make the game feel really alive.

Plant growing simulator. I mean why not? Your already farming the material. I am always down for customization.

@coldreactive I think everyone would make height adjustments if they where in charge of it. 🙂

I would very much make a more detailed/free forming housing/room decorating system. Coming from FFXIV, I find decorating in PSO2 to be rather rigid.

This is my room in FFXIV: https://youtu.be/iixNzwNhJsw

Basically everything but the floor and main walls were something I added and placed.

A more free forming decorating system can be fun.

Hi all. Moved this topic to the appropriate section.

i dont know if yhis would count as a weapon idea but i wish pets could have evolutions, for instance the redran i kinda want it to turn into a salamander or something along those lines, i just want more options for pets and to be able to truly see them grow

@NightBladerz23

Ooo yes. Maybe as a non combat pet that gives you small buffs as a tree replacement.

If Scion classes are most likely going to become pointless in NGS considering how some weapons in the trailers seem to be using some of the animations from the scion classes like the assault rifle's dodging animation being a almost 1:1 ratio to Luster.

I'd like class system to sorta be removed all together so that you'd freely able to just use whatever weapon combination you wan't without being entirely restricted to the locks in place of multiclass system.

Also considering the new mobility feature in NGS seems to be basically Jet boots but for any class or weapon.

I'd like Knuckle and Jetboots class to be removed if there is a class system and just have a new class where you basically have armor for your arms and legs so you can just do complete martial arts and what not instead of just punching or just kicking i want them to be fused together in a nice new style.