An Alternative Solution For The Height Restriction/Censorship

This post is deleted!

I 100% support this idea. I actually was thinking the exact same thing myself but somebody went and made a post before I did.

Just have everything censored by default to please offended people, but give a toggle in the options to disable censorship. All I'm really concerned about is height to be honest although all censorship sucks, there is no reason not to do this if it pleases as many people as there is that want it. You can argue all day about who the majority is but there is literally no reason not to be in support of this if it benefits everyone and takes away from no one.

I can't really go back to JP as I've already spent thousands of dollars here in the NA, plus you never know when tweaker is going to stop support.

While I agree that it's still a fun game even with the censorship and that you don't absolutely have to have the censorship removed to enjoy the content I also agree the reverse can be said where there's no reason to cut content if a solution like this exists.... If you don't want to see it don't turn it on.

As a little side note for the people arguing that they can't take the game seriously when you're fighting a dark overlord with lollies in a g string, HOW CAN YOU ARGUE THAT, WHEN WE HAVE LITERALLY FOUR FISH HEADS WITH ROLLER SKATES WOBBLING AROUND DANCING ON A LESSER GODS FOREHEAD. Lol.

I know free to play players have just as much influence as Whales (though I don't consider myself a whale, I only drop $200 every new AC scratch), but if there's even a small chance that this can be modified into the game to please players of all kinds I just wanted to state that.

If any of the censorship is removed please let it be the height.

Dropping 200 almost every week is EASILY in the top percentile. Youre100% a whale.

Also by stating that, you're basically telling Segasoft, spend time, and thus money adding this feature, but either way I'll still give you money. If they still get money why spend change it.

People wanting change yet do exactly what Sega wants baffle me.

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE said in An Alternative Solution For The Height Restriction/Censorship:

Dropping 200 almost every week is EASILY in the top percentile. Youre100% a whale.

Also by stating that, you're basically telling Segasoft, spend time, and thus money adding this feature, but either way I'll still give you money. If they still get money why spend change it.

People wanting change yet do exactly what Sega wants baffle me.

Thats not the focus of this thread, please keep it on track. DM him if youd like to discuss that further

We would also need to provide ways they could monetise it. I realize this sounds like a shady business practice, but they have to devote time and resources to do it. Giving them a way to recoup the cost would make this much easier to get approved.

@Lemon-Sama said in An Alternative Solution For The Height Restriction/Censorship:

We would also need to provide ways they could monetise it. I realize this sounds like a shady business practice, but they have to devote time and resources to do it. Giving them a way to recoup the cost would make this much easier to get approved.

Id have to disagree. They make enough from AC and SG alone. And this was put in place to begin with without our input. We shouldnt have to pay to get it put back in. My opnion ofc

I am all for the OP's suggestion of having a Warning before viewing the scenes.

You could disable these warnings in the options if you don't really care but that's 100% on you at that point and you give up your right to complain if you disable it.

It would always warn you about what could be possibly traumatizing or inappropriate for people such as the bath scenes being inappropriate for some and the Stabbing scene being traumatizing or inappropriate for some.

This way we would benefit all sides of the arguments in total.

On top of that, this is the art of professionally censoring things.

It's done in mangas often where the cleaner might for instance in shower scenes, white out body parts that may be inappropriate to see (Which is still stupid cause we stare at our naked body every time we shower or someone elses at some point in our lives) but it's done in a way that doesn't distract from the scene itself.

For instance bath scenes could have more foam up in them or simply zoom somewhere upwards so you don't see X things happening.

I've been thinking about these things for the past few weeks and come to the question of: What is with these scenes that cause us to be so angry? (From the censorship view)

And then I looked at some of the arguments which basically revolved around the players IRL self being the problem and not their character, not Xiera nor anyone else within the game world itself seeing these.

Then I started thinking about that deeper, ended up with realizing that maybe it's because of the age of the person who is getting offended.

If you were a teen between the ages of 15-18 you would possibly not care and funnily enough, that scene depicts everyone as 16+ (Aru is 16 due to being a Field OP which needs you to be 16 and he is Hitsugis Avatar so Aru is by default Hitsugi's age with a mental age of 10)

Between the ages of 18-25 you possibly don't care or just Meh it out.

Over the age of 26+ I start noticing that people are getting angry and I think it's just an issue with the people themselves.

Those who don't care have retained their thinking from 15-25 and kept it the same way, putting their shoes in as the character just watching this with Xiera to figure out what's going on.

Sorry for writing this out of the blue but this is what happens when I start thinking stuff more and more.

@SleeprunnerInc

For instance bath scenes could have more foam up in them or simply zoom somewhere upwards so you don't see X things happening.

They already do this. In the first scene, you never directly see Al's hands touch Khori's nor Hitsugi's chest. A part of this is probably due to how in PSO2 fingers do not move.

@SleeprunnerInc I think the idea of those who get angry at censorship is more basic. As we get older, we have a keener sense on things being 'taken away' from us. Job promotion, seat at a bus, video game content.

We don't like the idea that we were supposed to get something, only for some arbitrary decision to take it away interfering with it.

@Archetype-Luna I do know that, I just used it as an example.

@Liam-J-McAdam I'm thinking through the eyes of those who want the censorship.

It feels like they just can't think or dont want to think for longer than a few moments to understand that it's a running gag and made to poke fun at teens.

We have all been there or perhaps it's just people are more sensitive to things since they don't have much to worry about apart from Corona.

@SleeprunnerInc for the pro-censorship people, it is simply a matter of paranoia.

Take the whole 'controversy' surrounding Lucky Chloe in Tekken. The disdain for Chloe wasn't that she was an atypical character for the Tekken franchise, but the fear that some nerd in some basement would be able to fantasize about her.

Alot of pro censorship people have a zero-sum game mentality. It doesn't matter if everything else goes their way, if their 'enemies' get anything out of it, they feel like they lost.

@SleeprunnerInc and @Liam-J-McAdam this really isnt the place for that discussion. I understand the points youre making but thats more suited for dms. Not this suggestion

This is just an observation, but it's something I feel should be said and then I'll go (out of respect for the topic): but don't you find it strange that people keep saying that these threads only go downhill when "pros" infiltrate and throw around accusations, despite the currently active threads on these subjects having blocks of replies where people talk smack about anyone in favor of the localization like mean girls without intervention? Funny how "pros" don't get to do that.

Anyway, @XenoBladeX37645 genuinely glad to see you keeping things on track. Keep up the good work. I'll ignore the thread so I don't derail it any further.

@ApollosAmour said in An Alternative Solution For The Height Restriction/Censorship:

This is just an observation, but it's something I feel should be said and then I'll go (out of respect for the topic): but don't you find it strange that people keep saying that these threads only go downhill when "pros" infiltrate and throw around accusations, despite the currently active threads on these subjects having blocks of replies where people talk smack about anyone in favor of the localization like mean girls without intervention? Funny how "pros" don't get to do that.

Anyway, @XenoBladeX37645 genuinely glad to see you keeping things on track. Keep up the good work. I'll ignore the thread so I don't derail it any further.

I do have to say that this isnt the place to make that statement because it can be seen as bait (seeing as you made that comment and are deciding to ignore the thread after) and I want none of that here. Start a general discussion about it if need be. Also yeah thanks. Hope it stays civil

@XenoBladeX37645 said in An Alternative Solution For The Height Restriction/Censorship:

@SleeprunnerInc and @Liam-J-McAdam this really isnt the place for that discussion. I understand the points youre making but thats more suited for dms. Not this suggestion

It's just a general observation that I started thinking about.

I read on another thread that the alternative of having a toggle would not be accepted by those who want censor removed which was a ridiculous claim since we would be all fine with having an option to toggle it.

The toggle option is by far the best option we have and could be fine tuned if need be.