An Alternative Solution For The Height Restriction/Censorship

@XenoBladeX37645 Ok, going to go into a bit more detail. I'm typing this on a phone so it is a bit annoying to type long detailed posts.

In regards to the MW2 comparison, adding something before a cutscene plays would require flagging every cutscene with either needing or not needing the warning, unless you hard code it in specifically for the scene, which is likely closer to what the bath scenes do. Without flagging each cutscene, the game will return a programming error when it looks for the flag and doesn't find one.

The issue with the hard code method is that you have to hard code it for each cutscene. This might be easier to do with new stuff since you can plan for it, but it is harder to do after the fact.

I support this solution.

This post is deleted!

@Machenta19 said in An Alternative Solution For The Height Restriction/Censorship:

Can you people just make a mega thread for the censor topic instead of 9999 obscure threads that'll end up being ignored or closed, thanks.

contribute to the post or leave please

This post is deleted!

@Machenta19 There was a mega thread. That got locked due to getting derailed. Same with the second one.

So we are making a bunch of independent threads, each with our own opinions, to keep the conversation going.

This post is deleted!

@Machenta19 said in An Alternative Solution For The Height Restriction/Censorship:

Can you people just make a mega thread for the censor topic instead of 9999 obscure threads that'll end up being ignored or closed, thanks.

I have the right to post here, and I'm contributing by giving you a suggestion so we don't have spam threads like these cluttering forums.

Once again, if you're not with us, your opinion isn't wanted here it seems.

I wonder why it got locked when both sides were at fault and finger pointing. Maybe you should behave instead of making multiple threads like this and insisting that this is okay

Said the guy with the avatar of the Blizzcom "April Fool's joke" ...

Anyway, I don't know if you are just a troll or not. But this thread is usefull for everyone, both sides.

Read again the first post, and tell to the staff if you want this solution or not. Otherwise just ignore the thread.

This post is deleted!

@Emmerson-T-Kenny said in An Alternative Solution For The Height Restriction/Censorship:

I have the right to post here, and I'm contributing by giving you a suggestion so we don't have spam threads like these cluttering forums.

Once again, if you're not with us, your opinion isn't wanted here it seems.

I wonder why it got locked when both sides were at fault and finger pointing. Maybe you should behave instead of making multiple threads like this and insisting that this is okay

Said the guy with the avatar of the Blizzcom "April Fool's joke" ...

Anyway, I don't know if you are just a troll or not. But this thread is usefull for everyone, both sides.

Read again the first post, and tell to the staff if you want this solution or not. Otherwise just ignore the thread.

Said the person with an anime profile picture, and you know what they say about your opinion with an anime profile picture. 😂

Please dont post here if you arent going to follow the rules. Either youre in support of my original suggestion or you arent. Nothing more nothing less.

As for everyone else dont feed this guy. Its folks like these that come in and start derailing thus getting threads closed. Block if needed

Sounds good to me. I think this feature would be used by pretty much 95+% of players. People would just eventually meet a friend whose height is under the limit and want to see their fashion and decide to turn it off- finding out it's not as bad as they feared and just leaving it on. Players would probably get sick of seeing so many of those portraits too- There is an option to how many characters can load on screen at once and the default is set rather low to not stress PCs too much. . But sometimes it also feels like you're just lagging when certain characters take so long to load.

Either way- anything that gives the choice for those who wish to be under the restriction the ability to do so is a good idea. There's so many easy fixes like this that should appease everyone involved and wouldn't cause any problems or extra work for Sega.

@Machenta19 I can't speak for everyone, but it'd be appreciated if you stopped moving the goalposts and trying to gaslight us.

I can understand if you just want people who don't like censorship to shut up, I can understand if you think that lifting censorship will turn fans into pedophiles.

What I can't understand is the constant effort to sabotage people who just want to have fun, or who just want to talk.

You're entitled to your opinion, that does not mean you have a right to silence dissidents.

This post is deleted!

@Liam-J-McAdam block him if you have an issue. Im not trying to get the thread locked because people want to argue off topic

@XenoBladeX37645 done :). Thanks for reigning me in