Strangeness on the Personal Shops?

I have noticed a strange thing on ship 2 where there are some players personal shops with ridiculous levels of inventory for hard to get item.

fd7dc854-d49f-4d57-81bd-b3edd2203adf-image.png

Is there some strange things going on?

Probably worth looking in to. Do keep in mind, however, that some people love playing the market in MMOs, for them that's their endgame. Obviously I'm not saying or even suggesting this is the case here, but there is that possibility.

There were people speaking of having over a billion back in mid May. It wouldn't surprise me if they were able to rich-get-richer to dramatically increase their fortune since then and gobble up certain things they set their eyes on.

And when someone has over 10 billion and still only 30 item slots to sell hoarded goods with, it probably forces them to focus on certain goods and hoard them a lot.

Miraglyth has the right of it, its generally just people with lots of money manipulating the market.

Other than the large stock of Items on that shop that made it seem weird. The Player ID is still the Generic one assigned at the start so thought it was strange.

This just gives me flashbacks of PSO duping. <.<

Same. Was not sure if this was a thing which is why I asked.

No, I think you're looking too much into it. It is a way to control the market. If you buy out all the items, you now can set the price for them. Do not forget that some people also spend hundreds if not thousands on this game, and buying those up for them is easy unlike us poor players. But I have multiple times, seen items I know will grow in popularity and buy out all stock and hold on to them. Just bushiness, and that is end game to some people. I used to do it all the time in warframe. Hours reading the trading chat. Buying whatever was low and selling items when prices where highest.

@ERICK001BC said in Strangeness on the Personal Shops?:

No, I think you're looking too much into it. It is a way to control the market. If you buy out all the items, you now can set the price for them. Do not forget that some people also spend hundreds if not thousands on this game, and buying those up for them is easy unlike us poor players. But I have multiple times, seen items I know will grow in popularity and buy out all stock and hold on to them. Just bushiness, and that is end game to some people. I used to do it all the time in warframe. Hours reading the trading chat. Buying whatever was low and selling items when prices where highest.

Please tell me how u play the market when you selling items at a loss. (The person in the picture constantly undercutting EVERYONE.)

@Miraglyth said in Strangeness on the Personal Shops?:

There were people speaking of having over a billion back in mid May. It wouldn't surprise me if they were able to rich-get-richer to dramatically increase their fortune since then and gobble up certain things they set their eyes on.

And when someone has over 10 billion and still only 30 item slots to sell hoarded goods with, it probably forces them to focus on certain goods and hoard them a lot.

the same thing happens on ship 1 too

• i have observed what happened after the scratch - i literally camped a single item and tracked it with others to see what happens...the result was: maries gloves and tights were only sold about 20 times on ship 1....at prices for at least 13 million meseta - i have asked and contacted those who sold them and none of the buyer been one and the same person....there was no reseller "playing with his billions" to make money....especially when reseller list their items after they bought off every single item and then list them after the scratch dissapears....but strange enough 2 days after the scratch all of the sudden somebody appeared with 93 of said item listed....while heavily undercutting the prices...and no he doesn only have that item...no...he also has a large amount of 29 other AC scratch items in shop...and funny enough after the new scratch happen ( the latest) some of the listed items wich the said acc had dozens of suddenly dissapeared from the market....and been replaced with dozens of the newly scratch ticket....after doing some math he must have spent well about 30000 USDon a single scratch.....and as of now 20000 USD on the next.....and about 20000+ USD on the previous before persona

strange enough that ship 2 reports the same mysterious things happening

@Ash-Lv1 You make more profit with a sale then you do with an item in your inventory. Even if you sell that 1 item for 1 million meseta, if you sold 100 of that item at 100k, you made 10mil.

@Ash-Lv1 You make more profit with a sale then you do with an item in your inventory. Even if you sell that 1 item for 1 million meseta, if you sold 100 of that item at 100k, you made 10mil.

?? how to make profits when u bought an item for 18m then relist them for 10m? OR... u dropped $30,000.00 USD on a single AC scratch to under cutting everyone for lul?

sorry to blast your bubble but this is by no means a reseller - as i have investigated a single item myself wich wasn sold to that player in particular - as the item popped 2 days after the scratch released and got sold about 20 times to different players before he popped up with a stock of 93....and one day he had 180 listed of those

also nobody buys items at a higher price and resells them for half the price 2 days after scratch...reseller hold onto an item until the item is gone - buy up every other....but no he didn buy up more...he simply undercuts the others...lol one day the item was 10m...then some other listed the item once for 8m....instead of buying those with 8m he undercuts the 8m ones listing it for even less xDDD pleaseeeeeeeeee

This is capitalism in a nutshell. Nothing new...

It was more of an example for any item on how undercutting works. But yes buying an item for 18 mil and selling for less only works if you buy them all and control the market. Once you have all them items, you could have spent 100mil and lost a total of 20 mil in undercut sales. But then once you hold them all you can raise price and monopoly the item. Look at the seller with the light ac elemental scratch.