Are ANY of the new September drops better than Slave/Nemesis?

I honestly can't wait to see people get angry at the penalty when they die again and again.

@Ephemiel said in Are ANY of the new September drops better than Slave/Nemesis?:

I honestly can't wait to see people get angry at the penalty when they die again and again.

It will also teach them to upgrade and gear up to not just do nothing all day expecting someone to carry em have to start pulling the weight too now lol

I, for one, welcome our new 'git gud' overlords.

@ComplexZeru said in Are ANY of the new September drops better than Slave/Nemesis?:

@Ephemiel said in Are ANY of the new September drops better than Slave/Nemesis?:

It will also teach them to upgrade and gear up to not just do nothing all day expecting someone to carry em have to start pulling the weight too now lol

My friend, people STILL fail Magatsu because the concept of "attack his dumb weapon points with your big mech" is unknown to a lot of people, even when the game yells at you what to do and what weapon to use. There's players who could be given the best gear in the game, with perfect affixes and maxed out levels, and still fail hard.

No. Slave/Nem compete with 14* ep5 drops.

@Albedo The UQ itself doesn't have a death limit, only the 2nd phase (4 player rematch).

To be fair, everyone would still be running around in gix/revolsio by the time ep6 rolls around if it weren't for nemesis/slave. We don't have the time to farm anything new with this accelerated schedule but the same drop rates. The urgent quests literally disappear in a week and gets replaced by a new one. You barely get enough runs in to get a chance at anything, and that's assuming you nolife it and never miss one.

@MarshalTobias32 said in Are ANY of the new September drops better than Slave/Nemesis?:

https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Qliphad_Calibur

Looks great too.

I stated before, but it's only as good as your affix. You can have HUGE gains to PP, HP and Attack all in one weapon if you manage your affix right. Imagine a +400 Attack, +40 PP +100 HP weapon. That's what this can offer.

Nemesis and Slave are the very best 13* tier weapons, anything else is SAF fodder pretty much with the existence of those. AFAIK they were meant to be Episode 5 items, but in NA we got them early as some sort of future-proofing, so that players didn't have to go switching weapons with every following 13* lineup released from Episode 3 onwards.

Which is going to happen a lot, since the mindset in this game is big damage or go home.

I revel in watching people eat dirt in ultimates now, because I don't follow that dumb logic.

@Star-Platinum There will be quests with notable drops other than urgent quests in the future, like the Ep5 expedition, which was pretty popular on JP throughout a big part of ep5 due to its drops.

@Ezodagrom you still need to do the UQ to access the second phase no?

@Albedo Yeah. Basically you can run the regular 12 player UQ once (no death limits, but there's a 5 minutes DPS check, quest fails if the DPS check is not cleared), and once the clock reaches xx:30, you can start the 4 player rematch as a different quest (this one has the death limit).

@ComplexZeru said in Are ANY of the new September drops better than Slave/Nemesis?:

My friend, people STILL fail Magatsu because the concept of "attack his dumb weapon points with your big mech" is unknown to a lot of people, even when the game yells at you what to do and what weapon to use. There's players who could be given the best gear in the game, with perfect affixes and maxed out levels, and still fail hard.

Hell, I've been having issues doing the Mining Base Defense UQ when it popped up the past two days. Both times my completions were by the skin of my teeth, with the one I did the other morning barely completing with one tower left at critical HP.