Are ANY of the new September drops better than Slave/Nemesis?

If not, there's really no point to them. It's just trash loot over and over so far for Ep4.

Impossible 14* drops from limited time urgent quests aren't good enough either. We need something realistic to grind for, and something to grind for outside of urgent quests. This is getting ridiculous.

To be fair we weren't suppose to have Slave/Nemesis items yet but for some reason they decided why not?

Also I hate to disappoint but PSO2 is all about grinding urgent quests and titles for drops or mats to craft stuff. The drop rates are absolutely abysmal (Which is standard for most F2P/Korean/JP MMOs and apparently it seems to work as people continue grinding for em) and we missed a lot of titles thanks to not having OT weapons.

October (Ep5) is when weapons that are realistically obtainable and better than Nemesis/Slave will start to be released.

There will be a few weapons with long term upgrade paths, for example, the first Ep5 urgent boss will drop a series of 13* weapons that are upgradeable into 14*, and as the game reaches the end of Ep5, those weapons will be further upgradeable into 15*.

Nemesis and Slave also have their own upgrade paths into 15* (together with 2 other weapons, a total of 4 weapons will be needed for that upgrade).

Then there's the ep5 final boss, which will also have a 13* series of weapons that are upgradeable into 14* and 15*.

Note that both the weapons from the first Ep5 boss and the ones from the final Ep5 boss will require materials that are either extremely rare or distributed through limited methods (like, obtaining those mats from title rewards, event campaigns and such).

@Ezodagrom

Appreciate the info!

Can I grind for any of those titles/mats/items now to at least give me something to do?

@Gurgles said in Are ANY of the new September drops better than Slave/Nemesis?:

@Ezodagrom

Appreciate the info!

Can I grind for any of those titles/mats/items now to at least give me something to do?

You'll need a Nemesis and Slave weapon both for their upgrade path, so that's something you can go after now. I don't believe the other two needed weapons are in the game as of yet.

@Gurgles For the Ep5 weapons that have upgrade paths, the titles that give the needed materials on JP are the titles about the total number of titles you've obtained, for example, the mat for the upgrade path of the 13* weapons that drop from the 1st Ep5 boss is a reward from reaching 1100 titles on JP (likely it'll be lower on EN because EN has less titles).

@Blade-Syphon said in Are ANY of the new September drops better than Slave/Nemesis?:

You'll need a Nemesis and Slave weapon both for their upgrade path, so that's something you can go after now. I don't believe the other two needed weapons are in the game as of yet.

Oh, I got plenty of those from the last Ep!

@Ezodagrom said in Are ANY of the new September drops better than Slave/Nemesis?:

@Gurgles For the Ep5 weapons that have upgrade paths, the titles that give the needed materials on JP are the titles about the total number of titles you've obtained, for example, the mat for the upgrade path of the 13* weapons that drop from the 1st Ep5 boss is a reward from reaching 1100 titles on JP (likely it'll be lower on EN because EN has less titles).

Hey, it's something! I unlocked my full whiteal set already, but I didn't know that I should keep title-hunting.

It's nice to have a reason to actually group up and do stuff.

Thanks!

The Val series in episode 5 is when things will really start to pick up, because that's when we start to get s-class augments

Out of every odd thing they've done, i really don't understand why they added Nemesis/Slave weapons so early on.

Especially when there's a LOT of weapons they could've added just to have variety while still making sense Ep-wise.

https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Simple_Swords_List

I understand that some of those were added in Ep 5 and 6, but just look at how many there are BEFORE Nemesis/Slave is even reached.

@PrinceBrightstar said in Are ANY of the new September drops better than Slave/Nemesis?:

The Val series in episode 5 is when things will really start to pick up, because that's when we start to get s-class augments

Mars and Calamity weapon series already ingame have s class augs. 😄 might as well get them now for futureproofing. I actually got the tutorial for s class augs when I had em in my inventory. (The pictures were still in JP)

@Ephemiel Yeah, the Nox recolors (Arion and Raete series) would have been perfect fits, something like Arion dropping from lvl 80 enemies and Raete dropping from the lvl 85 enemies added with the Ultimate Amduskia update, and also dropping materials to upgrade Nox into Arion and into Raete... 😕

There's also the recolor of Revolsio, the Dominacio series, these could have been used to revive interest in the challenge quests if Slave and Nemesis weren't available (for example, adding a material in the challenge miles shop to upgrade Revolsio into Dominacio).

Missed opportunities for unique upgrade paths that don't exist on JP (using weapons that already exist in the game, PSO2es weapon recolors).

@Ephemiel

Yeah, we could be playing an interesting meta and economy right now filled with new drops. And like you said, maybe we'd have reasons to actually try out the other game types and quests too! With the compressed timespan they could be doing all kinds of cool stuff and we could have lots of options. All the stuff you suggested sounds like fun. 😞

It's just so weird. All these new quests and news releases with "check out these sweet new weapons!" but it's all trash basically. I can't even sell them because nobody wants them. It's all so underwhelming.

Clifard is only better then Slave + Nem depending on your affix. If you have +200 attack affix, the potential DOUBLES your affix, so you'll have +400 attack.

Base stats wise, it's worse. But the potential is what is great about it, and really is only worth it for high end affixers.

@redBadger22

Hey, an upgrade is an upgrade.. I'll take what I can get at this point. Hopefully these are actually obtainable unlike the new 14* drops!

Deus Esca UQ will have 5 deaths auto lose penalty. So it's gonna be a challenging UQ to play at least 🙂