Too many antisocial players on this game?

@IfrianMMO said in Too many antisocial players on this game?:

@Sparhawk said in Too many antisocial players on this game?:

@GM-Deynger said in Too many antisocial players on this game?:

One good aspect of our system is that it's easy to join parties and complete tasks, without needing to have extensive social discourse.

But that is precisely what killed socialization and community building in MMORPG to begin with.

It´s not that people back in the late 90´s or early 00´s were more social or less introverted than they are today, it just happened to be that socialization and community building was basically a requirement to get anywhere and progress, so people engaged in it and it happened naturally and organically.

The second MMO began offering party finders and soloable content together with this current hyperfocus on "Guilds" was the day the socialization and community building died.

Of course i am not blaming PSO2 for it, after all, hundreds of other MMO adopted this style way before PSO2 was even conceived, so by all means, PSO2 is hardly the game to blame for it.

But i am not sure if it´s cause for celebration, to be honest.

A bunch of silly and projected assumptions.

A bunch of effortless complaining and self-entitlement.

The only fact is the people not willing to put in the effort to find a group to be with are the ones, like you, complaning. The path of socialization exists the same but you refuse to understand that not everyone wants to follow it. Refusing to adapt to the times and seek out others of a like minded is outright willful ignorance.

Everyone is allowed to play how they want. That includes you and wanting to being more social in a pug setting. But that does not give you the right to stomp on people who don't wish to reply all the time. Getting upset that others don't want to basic socalize but rather just play the game is childish. You don't need your hand held, you don't need everyone to respond to you every time. In some cases, like x-box players, they might not have a keyboard to do a quick responce or don't have chat macros setup as it's not important to them.

Again if you want a social setting and people to talk to, go seek others with the same mindset out. Don't expect others to come to you for your wants and needs. This is how reality outside of the game works as well. You have interest in a hobby then you seek out groups or gathering places for it. The problem isn't others, it's you. Put in the effort to find a group of people you like to socialize with and you'll be far happier as you will of found what you seek.

One good aspect of our system is that it's easy to join parties and complete tasks, without needing to have extensive social discourse.

But that is precisely what killed socialization and community building in MMORPG to begin with.

It´s not that people back in the late 90´s or early 00´s were more social or less introverted than they are today, it just happened to be that socialization and community building was basically a requirement to get anywhere and progress, so people engaged in it and it happened naturally and organically.

The second MMO began offering party finders and soloable content together with this current hyperfocus on "Guilds" was the day the socialization and community building died.

Of course i am not blaming PSO2 for it, after all, hundreds of other MMO adopted this style way before PSO2 was even conceived, so by all means, PSO2 is hardly the game to blame for it.

The only fact is the people not willing to put in the effort to find a group to be with are the ones, like you, complaning. The path of socialization exists the same but you refuse to understand that not everyone wants to follow it. Refusing to adapt to the times and seek out others of a like minded is outright willful ignorance.

Everyone is allowed to play how they want. That includes you and wanting to being more social in a pug setting. But that does not give you the right to stomp on people who don't wish to reply all the time. Getting upset that others don't want to basic socalize but rather just play the game is childish. You don't need your hand held, you don't need everyone to respond to you every time. In some cases, like x-box players, they might not have a keyboard to do a quick responce or don't have chat macros setup as it's not important to them.

Again if you want a social setting and people to talk to, go seek others with the same mindset out. Don't expect others to come to you for your wants and needs. This is how reality outside of the game works as well. You have interest in a hobby then you seek out groups or gathering places for it. The problem isn't others, it's you. Put in the effort to find a group of people you like to socialize with and you'll be far happier as you will of found what you seek.

You really need to stop taking logic leaps and assuming, mate.

To begin with, who is upset?

I answered to someone else´s comment, not to you, within the context of what was being discussed, and literally everything else, from the "complaining" to the "stomping over other people´s way of play" to everything else you have written, you have literally pulled it out of your ass, by projecting and assuming.

Are you okay? Who hurt you?

EDIT: " Joined about 13 hours ago " and all your posts are either against me or some silly memeing.

Damn, you really got me with your trolling, good job. Gonna block you now.

So someone joined me during an UQ and greeted me and we became instant friends. I absolutely didn't expect that.

I wasn't necessarily saying that that one point made our system the best, I was just observing there was a good aspect to it. By all means, if anyone would like to bring up MMOs that have managed to make both introverts and extroverts happy in their party formation mechanics, please do so.

*Edit. Also, Ixnay on the attacks-k?

I wasn't necessarily saying that that one point made our system the best, I was just observing there was a good aspect to it. By all means, if anyone would like to bring up MMOs that have managed to make both introverts and extroverts happy in their party formation mechanics, please do so.

*Edit. Also, Ixnay on the attacks-k?

I'm an introvert and PSO2 is the best game I played to get into group content without being forced to communicate.

Many people live very distracted lives and aren't entirely zoned into the game at all times so I can see why a bunch just do their own thing. There are also those who don't have a chatpad and aren't on PC which can make it more difficult for communicating.

Emotes are great for that reason.

I feel like the chattiness of a ship is just very dependent on the day of the week. It's a nice mix up, sometimes its quiet, other times it is very active. I enjoy the dynamic.

Xbox players can communicate just as well btw, no chatpad needed. Just plug in a generic USB keyboard and you are good to go. Or use macros. You can even type "hi" or "thx" in three seconds with the d-pad and the soft keyboard.... So to me, there is no excuse being not polite, even for xbox players.

I am a xbox player myself.

You really need to stop taking logic leaps and assuming, mate.

To begin with, who is upset?

I answered to someone else´s comment, not to you, within the context of what was being discussed, and literally everything else, from the "complaining" to the "stomping over other people´s way of play" to everything else you have written, you have literally pulled it out of your ass, by projecting and assuming.

Are you okay? Who hurt you?

EDIT: " Joined about 13 hours ago " and all your posts are either against me or some silly memeing.

Damn, you really got me with your trolling, good job. Gonna block you now.

Truth hurts. Seeing as you can't take it may I suggest you spend some time searching for an alliance that fits your social needs. You'll be much happier in a relatable group instead wasting time on the forums of crying over it.

I have a little bit of personal experience to share here. I used to talk more in the early days of WoW, but it almost always made people avoid me, i probably have a habit of making myself unpopular. I gave up at some point and now i pretty much never talk ingame and actively prevent myself from saying anything.

I'm not good with groups of people at best i can handle one other person, i also never got into using discord or anything for their servers, i just use it as a personal DMing tool.

People used to be more talkactive yes, and i guess some people prefer that, but even when people commented my All Might cosplay, i never replied because i was too flustered or simply didn't want to say anything. It's a great deal of stress to me to openly use chat in a way i envy people who can just sit in lobby and talk for hours.

I'm suprised a lot of people see this as such a problematic thing.

@Sparhawk Dude, you might want to cool your jets on attacking anyone in these forums, for whatever reason. It doesn't add anything meaningful to the conversation, and you might eventually get a ban if you fly off the handle far enough.

I'd say it's been hit or miss with me. Anytime i'm with another human player i'd say hi or attempt small talk, but I don't get a response back majority of the time. I don't take it personal, some people just wanna get the quest over with or they leave their socializing to their group chats/discord/alliance chats

I dont consider saying "hi" as socializing. Its a matter of good manners and kindness.

@Anarchy-Marine All I've stated is the truth, harsh as it may be. If someone chooses to get snippy over it then they'll get a respond in kind.

Im now using Autochat macros for joining a Team/Quest finish with /ci.^^

Hello, for my part i would like to be more social but being a French player i understand that slightly English. Autochat is my friend x'D