Too many antisocial players on this game?

@IfrianMMO said in Too many antisocial players on this game?:

@GM-Deynger said in Too many antisocial players on this game?:

One good aspect of our system is that it's easy to join parties and complete tasks, without needing to have extensive social discourse.

But that is precisely what killed socialization and community building in MMORPG to begin with.

It´s not that people back in the late 90´s or early 00´s were more social or less introverted than they are today, it just happened to be that socialization and community building was basically a requirement to get anywhere and progress, so people engaged in it and it happened naturally and organically.

The second MMO began offering party finders and soloable content together with this current hyperfocus on "Guilds" was the day the socialization and community building died.

Of course i am not blaming PSO2 for it, after all, hundreds of other MMO adopted this style way before PSO2 was even conceived, so by all means, PSO2 is hardly the game to blame for it.

But i am not sure if it´s cause for celebration, to be honest.

This is my sentiments with my comment earlier.

For UQ, almost never. I just have the auto chat function on. Unless I need to talk, I don't normally bother.

One good aspect of our system is that it's easy to join parties and complete tasks, without needing to have extensive social discourse.

But that is precisely what killed socialization and community building in MMORPG to begin with.

It´s not that people back in the late 90´s or early 00´s were more social or less introverted than they are today, it just happened to be that socialization and community building was basically a requirement to get anywhere and progress, so people engaged in it and it happened naturally and organically.

The second MMO began offering party finders and soloable content together with this current hyperfocus on "Guilds" was the day the socialization and community building died.

Of course i am not blaming PSO2 for it, after all, hundreds of other MMO adopted this style way before PSO2 was even conceived, so by all means, PSO2 is hardly the game to blame for it.

Same complaint, different game. The problem isn't others. It's you. Greater access to the game brings in more players, which is good for the game and good as a whole. Few want to play a game that locks you down for being solo or not wanting to group 24/7. Older games had more social interactions simply because there was far less to do in game, and screaming in shout or whatever for a group for hours was never fun. Newer games have far more content that's eaiser to access to grind through. So many will focus on the game to enjoy the game.

If you want social interaction then find a group chat or alliance you can connect with and you will have your social interaction. Expecting the world to be your best friend because of how the past was is rather selfish. When you find a good alliance to be social with you'll spend far less time on the fourms crying over people not wanting to interact with you every second of the day. The socialization and community building is still in the game but you need to be proactive in finding an alliance that is what you want instead of crying over random players who don't want to share life stories in chat with you every new quest.

@Sparhawk said in Too many antisocial players on this game?:

Same complaint, different game. The problem isn't others. It's you. Greater access to the game brings in more players, which is good for the game and good as a whole. Few want to play a game that locks you down for being solo or not wanting to group 24/7. Older games had more social interactions simply because there was far less to do in game, and screaming in shout or whatever for a group for hours was never fun. Newer games have far more content that's eaiser to access to grind through. So many will focus on the game to enjoy the game.

If you want social interaction then find a group chat or alliance you can connect with and you will have your social interaction. Expecting the world to be your best friend because of how the past was is rather selfish. When you find a good alliance to be social with you'll spend far less time on the fourms crying over people not wanting to interact with you every second of the day. The socialization and community building is still in the game but you need to be proactive in finding an alliance that is what you want instead of crying over random players who don't want to share life stories in chat with you every new quest.

For me, its not about big social interaction or sharing life storys. Its about good manners.

If i enter a room in rl or virtually, it doesnt hurt to greet everyone who is in it. It doesnt hurt to say "thank you" or "bye" either.

This takes literally one second of your precious time and is doable even by an introverted person.

As i said, this has to do with good manners.

@Ephemiel said in Too many antisocial players on this game?:

@thenameless said in Too many antisocial players on this game?:

If join a Dungeon Run in FFXIV or a Flashpoint in SWToR it is the same. No one says Hi oder Grüß Gott.^^ This is not DAoC where you joins a Level Up Group for 5h+.

In FFXIV, you at least almost always get a " o/ " as a hello or usually someone talks about the patch if it's new.

Yes.

In FFXIV i have a "Hello" and "Good Game,bye" Groupchat Macro with Sound and /wave emote. I need only press one button for it.^^

Man, that's some harsh truth there, but unfortunately doesn't make it any less right. I mean for the first time before the update, I literally had to ask a person in the lobby to join a party for the Io campaign, and I'm lucky that someone was okay with joining me for that. But even then, as an X-Box player, I can't really talk to them without a keyboard of my own.

@Scerms77 said in Too many antisocial players on this game?:

For me, its not about big social interaction or sharing life storys. Its about good manners.

If i enter a room in rl or virtually, it doesnt hurt to greet everyone who is in it. It doesnt hurt to say "thank you" or "bye" either.

This takes literally one second of your precious time and is doable even by an introverted person.

As i said, this has to do with good manners.

Unfortunately that's what Chat Macros are for, at least for manners, but I don't think most people know it's simply a list you can select from a menu to say what you need to see in the heat of the battle if you don't have a keyboard on hand. I have to make some for certain UQs like Magatsu to coordinate with people and I remember that before the update, it was pretty close for me that when I typed out that at least 6-8 players split up to get emblems to get the 2 million points for the riddroid quest and I'm lucky that most understood that it meant when they appear because I didn't have time to put the final part before they started it.

It seems like the only way to keep up or even bring up a conversation you need to find someone that peaks your interest in the lobby after you both return and then hope for the best.

A bunch of silly and projected assumptions.

You missed the point tremendously, everything that you have said that is available today was also available back then, only back then there were other avenues of socialization that do not exist today.

That MMORPG today are less openly and casually social is a fact that is not under discussion, it is a well known situation that has been discussed ad nauseam for over a decade.

You claiming that is still possible to socialize today, which i do agree with, does not take away the fact that there´s paths of socialization that do not exist anymore by the virtue of modern MMORPG being different.

Of course, you are welcome to prefer the current method while i am welcome to prefer the old, and doing so does not warrant your absurd cascade of personal assumptions.

Just because i think modern channels of socialization are less organic than the ones in the past it does not mean i do not partake in them or do not socialize myself in a modern fashion.

@Scerms77 said in Too many antisocial players on this game?:

NA players act as if everyone is a npc... No "hi", no "thank you", no "bye".

When someone joins when i am near the boss and that one doesnt greet back, i just start the teleport... Why should i wait for such people? In that case i treat them like a npc too.

This is actually worse than not saying 'hello' to someone in my opinion.

It's spiteful yes, but I understand why.

Anyway, if someone greets me, I'll greet back, if happens they keep talking, I'll give feedback. I don't ignore people intentionally.. unintentionally may be because I'm doing something that is distracting me.

When I played JP in 2015 each mpa and eq had arts as far as the eye can see.

On NA I've only seen one other player use symbol art auto chats. 😞

Conclusion muricans are boring.

@DankNugs9429 People used them a lot more before, but I think more people have realized they're more distracting than anything.

i usually always at least say heyyyy and at the end always say "thanks for the group <3"

I find it weird when people join my party without saying anything. I actually set a bunch of auto chats for fun and I feel like the odd one out saying stuff the whole game while everyone else is silent.

There's actually a group of alliances on Ship 2 working on creating large-scale community events together to help with more of a community feel ship-wide. It's still in the planning stages atm, but hopefully it all comes together and helps build a more extended community.

Most MMOs are like this.