Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place

@SleeprunnerInc said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

@Machenta19 Money doesn't decide who the minority is.

And I'd like to have a word with you about the amount of MONEY that EU and others have given to the game.

And sure, we have stricter censorship laws such as not selling loot boxes to CHILDREN.

However we don't have any laws about PSO2's character creation, dressing up a fictional character in X clothes etc which you seem to delusionally think.

"Money doesn't decide who the minority is"

So I know reading is hard, but I don't think I said that, NA is not a minority, it is the majority and they do give SoJ a lot of money, so please, go talk to someone and get some glasses or something bud.

This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!

@Machenta19 said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

@XenoBladeX37645 said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

@Machenta19 Money doesn't decide who the minority is.

And I'd like to have a word with you about the amount of MONEY that EU and others have given to the game.

And sure, we have stricter censorship laws such as not selling loot boxes to CHILDREN.

However we don't have any laws about PSO2's character creation, dressing up a fictional character in X clothes etc which you seem to delusionally think.

"Money doesn't decide who the minority is"

So I know reading is hard, but I don't think I said that, NA is not a minority, it is the majority and they do give SoJ a lot of money, so please, go talk to someone and get some glasses or something bud.

I don't think you understand written language.

You imply that just because America uses tons of money that it's the majority, meaning money decides who is the MINORITY.

If you want to argue about reading comprehension maybe you should learn some yourself.

You're talking out of your ass at this point, no point arguing with you.

So you decided to instead insult me instead of admitting you did a mistake.

Congratulations my friend.

im just gonna say that he trying to derail threads to get them locked like the others. Block him and try to keep the thread on course.

Keep ignoring the fact that these threads should be a mega thread and not a bunch of spam threads like this

Yet you keep them bumped- counter to your point that people should only use one. If you don't have anything constructive to say- shouldn't even bother.

On the topic at hand though- There was a thread way back when regarding the naming of the Slave weapons. Their flavor text- if it existed-... explains their naming- souls sealed within the weapon and whatnot.. So making this change not only shows we won't be getting the flavor text back- because then their new name(Raven) would make no sense... But I wonder... if it is also a hint that the worst part of this forums feedback did make a deciding change in a dev decision?.... Because why would they randomly change that if no one said anything?.. I only remember 2 threads and they were on different sites.. They named it Slave at first-... Did they become conscious of their own decision and believe it was bad- or did they see someone complained?..

Disclosure is definitely a needed thing.

This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!

@Michelle said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

ApollosAmour said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

@GM-Deynger I'm not in favor of the min height being restored, but Moei made a good suggestion before about if it is restored, having perma-innerwear on characters below the current minimum height similar to the change made to Al in Episode 4.

@GM-Deynger said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

Noted. 🙂 Thank you for sharing.

@GM-Deynger First of all I apologize to answer directly to the Staff, honestly this is the first time I do it and I do not intend to abuse it.

I would like to express my opinion regarding that suggestion given regarding the perma-innerwear. If that were to happen, I think it would create further problems, because people want not only the removal of the height restriction, but the complete freedom of creation just like the JP version. A permanent innerwear could honestly create more discomfort than height restriction.

I think the best idea is the toggle option proposed in these threads:

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/7754/an-alternative-solution-for-the-height-restriction-censorship

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/7769/height-restriction-compromise-toggle-option

In that way I'm sure no one will complain.

Thank you in advance for the attention. 🙂

Also noted. 🙂

@Liam-J-McAdam said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

Sorry if I misunderstood you: Giving the pro-censorship players control and discretion is a burden?

Or is the entire purpose of it entirely preventative? Something to say "Screw you, you won't get this"?

By "burden", I mean that the responsibility is placed on the people who are uncomfortable with people being inappropriate, by having to manually change a setting, rather than those who are being inappropriate in the first place. I think it would also undermine Sega's reasoning for having the min height capped in the first place, if we are to assume it was due to something inappropriate.

Something like the perma-innerwear (on a body paint layer or something) would make sure that Sega's decision would still stand and those who want shorter characters could have them. It's essentially a makeshift version of what other MMOs do with shorter characters, by having them dress more modest.

This post is deleted!

@ApollosAmour

In that case, have the toggle be on by default, putting the responsibility on the players who do want to use all their options when it comes to innerwear.

I don't think this would undermine anything, given that Sega would basically be saying "Here, it's censored, but we'll wash our hands of it if you toggle that off."

Personally, I only learned of the heigh restriction because I tried to make my character as tall as possible, yet it overflowed and thought it was bow 150cm.

This post is deleted!

@Liam-J-McAdam That could work too. I just personally think the innerwear option is the best based on all of the feedback.

Yeah, I think what happened there was that the min height might've affected the value of certain limbs or something to where the max height ended up affected. But that's fixed now.