Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place

@SleeprunnerInc said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

@Ki-Rin Honestly we already give out most of our identities, privacy etc by using social media platforms, youtube, google etc so what difference would straight out giving who you are IRL do.

If the Forum mods asked me, I would gladly tell who I was IRL.

good thing i only ever give out garbage data when making accounts as well as use tracking blocking browser add-ons.

but seriously, wtf happened here while i was afk for a while? i come back and see that paladin guys posts deleted and it sounds like some insane person came through causing some chaos.

@treos100 said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

@Ki-Rin Honestly we already give out most of our identities, privacy etc by using social media platforms, youtube, google etc so what difference would straight out giving who you are IRL do.

good thing i only ever give out garbage data when making accounts as well as use tracking blocking browser add-ons.

but seriously, wtf happened here while i was afk for a while? i come back and see that paladin guys posts deleted and it sounds like some insane person came through causing some chaos.

It was very ugly. We'll just leave it at that. I'd assume that guy got permabanned because what he was saying was the worst of any forum rage I have seen. But whether he will just make a new account and IPevade- remains to be seen. He will not be missed.

@MoldyAsp33874 said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

@treos100 said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

It was very ugly. We'll just leave it at that. I'd assume that guy got permabanned because what he was saying was the worst of any forum rage I have seen. But whether he will just make a new account and IPevade- remains to be seen. He will not be missed.

hm, ok...

To get us back on topic. Another nice thing about disclosing the "why" behind Sega's actions is that we can stop political and moral speech, and instead frame it in terms of Sega's business interests. I think this would help up keep threads a lot more civilized, and help us from attacking each other with more controversial themes.

Ie, I want this in order to bring the community together.

@Moei Definately, plus communication plays a massive part in making a successfull MMO.

Sure the current changes to the game might not cause the moneyflow to stop unlike the AC scratches which is why they extended them when they realized how little they made and that people WANTED to spend money on them.

But it would definately help to speak more openly to us, tell us why they do X things and what is it based on and if there is a chance to either speak to them or find out if that is actually the case and if there is a way to compromise or revert the changes.

Nothing is set in stone in the end.

If the rationale for the decision was internal dissent within SEGA that revealing so may not be in SEGA's interest. Alternatively if it was to appease "moral guardians" revealing that it was a pragmatic instead of moral decision is like to upset the "moral guardians" anyways.

Regardless of what the reason is, acknowledging user dissatisfaction with it is important to the health of the community. I believe a non answer response would be better than silence as it would prove we are being heard.

SJWs have gone crazy, and the rest of the world is laughing.

11.JPG 10.JPG 8.JPG 7.JPG 6.JPG 5.JPG 4.JPG 3.JPG 2.JPG 1.JPG

Bit off topic, but yes there are people out there who think like that. Pretty sad tbh.

@Zenny They are the same people who like the height restriction on PSO2 and accusing everyone to be pedophiles. The world is getting weird lately.

I would like to know what SEGA thinks about it. I can't believe a corporation is for human stupidity.

"Short people don't exist" is the new trend of 2020 for americans.

The people who the restrictions are put in for aren't even the intended audience! That's like when Christian groups band together to stop Dungeons & Dragons and crap like that, if they make changes it doesn't matter because THEY AREN'T THE ONES PLAYING. People who do play and are the intended audience want everything the way the original developers intended for it to be in the first place with no alteration because we saw stuff we liked and that's why we came into the game in the first place.... Putting a height limit on the character creator ruins one of the best elements of this game and that's the unrivaled character creation.

Literally videogames in 2020, and probably 2021 too if we don't stop this bul**hit.

EevyDjfXkAABPY-.jpg EevyCzaWsAQA3LH.jpg EevkEXpWkAAuVdx.jpg

@Silvalance I mean these same people have existed since early 2000s. Internet growth has just made it seem like there's more. These people are a tiny minority when compared to people who either don't care or actually prefer things uncensored.

I've played eastern MMOs for years and it's always the same shit when the MMO in question has a small character or race. You have the incredibly ignorant people who come out of the wood work and try to paint the picture that people who play these characters are problematic or disgusting. It just goes to show how disgustingly rude and downright disrespectful a lot of Americans are. A lot (not all) have very little respect for other cultures.

It's always funny because by accusing the people who play these characters as problematic or pedophiles they don't realize they are pretty much insulting the artists/creators indirectly. Absolutely disgusting human beings and a disgusting mentality to have.

@Silvalance Basically sums up the entire argument for gaming in general.

@Zenny Minority? But according to SEGA and other companies, they are the vast majority! Otherwise why the censorship? XD