Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place

@ApollosAmour said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

@GM-Deynger I'm not in favor of the min height being restored, but Moei made a good suggestion before about if it is restored, having perma-innerwear on characters below the current minimum height similar to the change made to Al in Episode 4.

So the fix to the censorship is by usinga different censorship? Rofl. You guys crack me up.

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

@GM-Deynger I'm not in favor of the min height being restored, but Moei made a good suggestion before about if it is restored, having perma-innerwear on characters below the current minimum height similar to the change made to Al in Episode 4.

So the fix to the censorship is by usinga different censorship? Rofl. You guys crack me up.

We do not want half-naked Lolis, but will support creation of said loli so long as they are censored appropriately.

I believe that is fair and works for our North American morals and culture.

If you cannot see the wisdom in that, then you are not fit to be called a Zodiak Brave.

I don't feel like arguing morals. I consider such things a distraction to actual action.

If a decision maker in the company made a decision and it isn't going to change, we have to compromise to get something. The inner wear solution was an attempt at a compromise.

Topic of the post is to determine what decision was actually made. That way we can make informed suggestions as a community.

@Paladin I'm against all censorship. You don't slap a bandaid over an existing bandaid to fix the underlying issue. Its whatever though, its a losing battle anyways so I've given up on them. I appreciate those still fighting the good fight.

@Paladin said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

The only ones to complain still even after having that, will truly show what their intentions really are, while those that dont, do it for proper reasons aka role-play or self-identity.

I think its fine to take the stance you have with the first part of this (meaning first part of the original post), but the second one is pretty much labeling people based on your own ideals. That basically paints those that like shorter and/or smaller framed women to be "that word". Id like to keep this on topic but these sort of responses just dont seem fair

@GM-Deynger Hello, first I want to say thank you for all your hard work. I've been reading this thread, and I think there is a way to make everyone happy.

Why not implement a toggle function much like the 'hide accessories' option? That way, players who care so much about customization and content parity can have what they want, and those who don't want to see it don't have to.

To put it in a way, optional censorship. Let the players have the option to censor from their perspective rather than just punishing everyone.

To me, PSO2 represents freedom. Never has an MMO given me so many options, please don't take them away.

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE It's called a compromise. Heard of it?

@ApollosAmour With all due respect, I don't think that is a fair compromise, especially given that plenty (For example, any unitard like innerwear) of innerwear is fairly tame. That would render several cosmetic items unusable for the character in question.

I think a toggle feature would be the best compromise, because that let's everyone get what they want, with the exceptions being those who want the satisfaction of preventing people from doing what they want, and the creeps who want to shove loli/shouta in everyone's faces.

@Liam-J-McAdam It's not a bad idea, but I think that would defeat the purpose of altering the height in the first place. Essentially it would put the burden on those who don't wish to see it, which is totally in favor of those who want it reverted, but I think Sega's concern is moreso it being present in the first place. The innerwear would appease those who want to make shorter characters while still being appropriate, which according to most in this thread is OK because they don't want anything sexual to be depicted. It's the best compromise for both sides in my opinion.

@Liam-J-McAdam the inner wear was just an attempt at a suggestion. Without knowing WHY the height limit was put into place we will not know what is within acceptable limits.

Assuming this hasn't been flying under the radar, a hard stance seems to have been taken on this issue by the decision makers. I doubt we are going to change that stance, so we needed to know what that decisions make up that stance.

Innerwear wouldn't bother me- It would at least settle concerns that the humanoid mini-suits might be okay to bring over. Since none of those are at all risque- just short. All the outfits I wear cover enough to make the innerwear not matter anyway- I never see it. A toggle would be better but if that's too much work- just the ability to include that height range and most of all- showing that SEGA is willing to compromise and acknowledge it even exists.. is more than enough.

Even if they just acknowledged it- and didn't change anything.. I would be very glad.

@Liam-J-McAdam It's not a bad idea, but I think that would defeat the purpose of altering the height in the first place. Essentially it would put the burden on those who don't wish to see it, which is totally in favor of those who want it reverted, but I think Sega's concern is moreso it being present in the first place. The innerwear would appease those who want to make shorter characters while still being appropriate, which according to most in this thread is OK because they don't want anything sexual to be depicted. It's the best compromise for both sides in my opinion.

What burden? If the toggle is put in place its a simple click to not see it. Thats the best way to do it because both sides get exactly what they want without any restrictions whatsoever. Your post implies short n sexual isnt appropriate which kinda leads to it seeming like youre not being fully objective here. Im advocating for both sides to get exactly what they want which would be achieved through a toggle of some kind (if possible ofc).

@Liam-J-McAdam I think suggestions for a toggle option is a bit off topic for this thread. Want to create a new one and link to that? Edit: @XenoBladeX37645 sorry I got mixed up

@Moei said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

@XenoBladeX37645 I think suggestions for a toggle option is a bit off topic for this thread. Want to create a new one and link to that?

I can, though i wasnt the one to bring it up so im not to sure why i was singled out and not the person who originally brought it up. (not trying to sound mean way btw)

@XenoBladeX37645 Because it's something that needs to be activated, which defeats the purpose of adding the cap in the first place. Assuming the original intention was due to inappropriate content, then it makes more sense to add the innerwear.