Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place

@Archetype-Luna said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

@Wetares If you clicked on the thread I linked, you'd see I did indeed make a thread on PSO2es. Here is a link to it again: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/6551/pso2es-for-na

So I am not sure how I am lying.

The fact that the devs have yet to speak to the global community and the limited information the GM's can give is a huge reason why I am supporting this thread, as it is asking for the devs to directly speak to us.

You realize the developers are the same ones from the Japanese version of the game? Why do you think they would give two flying f's about Global? You'd be better off poking a stick at a dead horse and asking it these questions instead.

@Wetares Yes, I do know the devs are the JP devs.

Sega in general has been profiting off the global market as of late. Between the money they made from PSO2 global and sales of their legacy titles on steam, they have more reason to care about the global market.

All NGS announcements are made globally. NGS is set for a simultaneous global release. They probably noticed the global success of FFXIV and how SE communicate with players globally; FFXIV is PSO2's main competitor in Japan after all.

There are even signs of feedback working, such as the SG Scratch extension. So I don't see this suggestion as pointless in anyway.

If you think it is pointless, why even bother commenting? People asking these things does not harm you. I know I am going to continue to believe that our feedback reaches the devs; defeatism never accomplished anything.

@Wetares said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

@Frost-Soar said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

@Wetares OT Weapons were deprecated. Weapons with only OT variants got NT duplicates, and I don't see anybody complaining because it is in fact a better system.

Doesn't matter, still isn't "all the content" like they promised, OT weapons had some cool looking appearances that we won't have in NA, also gave more titles for more achievements, so if you play for completion, lmao get rekt scrub.

But oh no, I can't make my loli, Global sucks and I'm uninstalling!!!1

Are you really making this point? lol. In that logic- because we didn't get the nerfed items like they were before they were buffed in JP- we're not getting "All the content"... We are up to date with JP buffs for obvious reasons and some stuff we don't need because it was removed from JP version. We want what the JP version has. Which is not Old types or old systems that have been remade. It's a simple concept.

@Frost-Soar The part you bolded only talks about the story, which has nothing to do with the height. You can pin them to a cross over the EP4 scenes or the Matter Board scenes using it, but not a whole lot else.

@Ephemiel Yeah. I've gone out of my way to explain why it comes off that way, but then we always hit a wall where the person I'm talking to goes on the defensive and then nothing happens. People are still using loli and shota freely to describe something they say it isn't, but we're censoring the word pedophile now lol

Just to clarify, the reason for this suggestion was to understand what decisions being made, so that further suggestions can work within the creators limitations, and be actual actionable items for the dev team.

As of right now, conversation had devolved into the community attacking itself. We need to come to a compromise, but not within the community, we needed to come to a compromise with the devs themselves.

I am looking for the limitations that the decision maker has, what they are not willing to compromise on, so we can come to a compromise if we need to.

I would like an explanation of all content as well, but I am hoping limiting the scope would allow for an easier time answering the question.

@MoldyAsp33874 said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

@Wetares said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

@Frost-Soar said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

@Wetares OT Weapons were deprecated. Weapons with only OT variants got NT duplicates, and I don't see anybody complaining because it is in fact a better system.

Doesn't matter, still isn't "all the content" like they promised, OT weapons had some cool looking appearances that we won't have in NA, also gave more titles for more achievements, so if you play for completion, lmao get rekt scrub.

But oh no, I can't make my loli, Global sucks and I'm uninstalling!!!1

Are you really making this point? lol. In that logic- because we didn't get the nerfed items like they were before they were buffed in JP- we're not getting "All the content"... We are up to date with JP buffs for obvious reasons and some stuff we don't need because it was removed from JP version. We want what the JP version has. Which is not Old types or old systems that have been remade. It's a simple concept.

There are people like me who want old type weapons for collection purposes because a lot of those weapons looked cool, especially with weapon form passes.

So I agree with Wetares about the fact that they didn't keep their promise. I contemplated playing the og server a few times already but I'm already established with my team here

@Moei said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

Just to clarify, the reason for this suggestion was to understand what decisions being made, so that further suggestions can work within the creators limitations, and be actual actionable items for the dev team.

As of right now, conversation had devolved into the community attacking itself. We need to come to a compromise, but not within the community, we needed to come to a compromise with the devs themselves.

I am looking for the limitations that the decision maker has, what they are not willing to compromise on, so we can come to a compromise if we need to.

I would like an explanation of all content as well, but I am hoping limiting the scope would allow for an easier time answering the question.

Thank you, this is very helpful feedback and will be used in the report on this community concern.

@GM-Deynger I'm not in favor of the min height being restored, but Moei made a good suggestion before about if it is restored, having perma-innerwear on characters below the current minimum height similar to the change made to Al in Episode 4.

Noted. 🙂 Thank you for sharing.

For context, I made the inner wear suggestion and then realized I had fallen victim to guessing the decision makers limitations. I have no idea what they are, so I don't know if my suggestion is proper.

I know one of the hardest parts is actually taking information from the community and making an action item out of it that business and dev teams can work on. Thank you for the hard work GM Deynger.

Yeah, for sure. I just figured I'd throw it out there.

@ApollosAmour said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

Yeah, for sure. I just figured I'd throw it out there.

Of course, thank you throwing it out there. It was great constructive post. 🙂

@GM-Deynger Id like to add that id rather the height operate the same way it does on the jp client to allow the players full creative freedom to make whatever and whoever they want.

@GM-Deynger I agree with the compromise. If height is removed, place permanent inner wear for any characters created with heights below the removed NA limit.

The only ones to complain still even after having that, will truly show what their intentions really are, while those that dont, do it for proper reasons aka role-play or self-identity.