Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place

@Redex But they can quit the the global servers and move their support to the JP servers can still be a true fan. I am heavily considering switching my main focus to the JP servers due to the censorship issues; by your statement, despite you saying I am a fan due to the time I have put in, I would be disqualified from being a true fan because I prefer the JP servers for this reason. I could put forth 10-20 grand and thousands of hours to support the game on the JP servers, but if your statement were to be used as the metric, my monetary and temporal support would be completely irrelevant and I would not be a true fan.

There shouldn't be any automatic disqualification from being a true fan.

Communication with players is probably one of the most critical parts of managing an online game. On the global side, I feel Sega has greatly underperformed. To me, it is an example of how flawed regional services are when it comes to online games, and why I believe FFXIV should be held as the gold standard for MMO services. I am a huge believer of the design philosophy of one version one service; it makes management and communication much more simple and easier.

Looks like Redex is still here, I suggest everyone to block that user. Not reading what he write is a pleasure. The block system of this forum works like a charm. He has no right to determine who is a fan or not.

@Archetype-Luna

You may be taking me a bit too personal..

I just tried to emphasize that you would make due as a true fan. I see you refuse to quit so you use the JP servers, that's fandom there, I acknowledge that.

@Emmerson-T-Kenny

People are grown ups here as well, they can decide for themselves if they want me blocked or not.

..Uhh, Actually I was just leaving as well. Farewell to you all and good evening.

@Redex That feels different from what you said before, because moving to the JP servers due to the censorship would mean the censorship was a make or break situation, wouldn't it? This isn't something pertaining to just me either. There are people who are incredibly wary of issues like censorship and refused to switch to the global servers because of it; you can say censorship was make or break for them as well.

Also, this may be relevant: http://pso2.jp/players/event/4th_aor/report/player/

It was a census of the JP servers released back in 2016 and based on it, it seems like people tended to make taller characters. Of course it is old data and is of the JP servers, but it does suggest that if the height restrictions were removed there wouldn't be a surge of underaged looking characters.

Also, I kind of want a similar census of the global servers. It may give more insight on what could happen if the censorship was removed.

@Archetype-Luna

Last one for now,

Well.. you might be a fan but that doesn't exactly stop you from sucking, in my candidly jokingly/half serious way of putting it as I did earlier. 😸

(Yes the way you describe it would make it, make or break) Just teasing the mentality was all, was meant to be a bit tongue and cheek before hostile. People seemingly want to make these changes a huge issue and I don't know what more to add on to counter point it that hasn't been brought up by others.

Message if needed, since I don't want to keep bogging down this thread with my stance.

@Redex said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

@Emmerson-T-Kenny

I'll attempt to prove it in my own way, as trying to pull out spread-sheets and at best poorly constructed internet data would be shabby and be under representative of things at best.

If you're a fan of the series "Phantasy Star" Or "Phantasy Star Online" the lineage of PSO2.. THE SERIES.. You could 100% fairly say that if the exclusion of a height setting is make or break for you, then you've been no true fan of the series at all.

I welcome the changes that have been brought to NA/Global and my suggestion in this thread is that things stay exactly the way that they are under it's current usage of application. (it's not been abused by my regard)

Hypocrite Much? You keep saying the height setting being changed is making or breaking people and that those people aren't true fans yet you yourself are extremely adamant that you would quit the game in a heartbeat if they removed the censorship.

1596984017002-pso2sss.png

Some "true fan" you turned out to be huh?

@Zizel

I was wondering if someone was going to skew my words.

Yeah I'd probably quit very likely, I made a comment on page 20 regarding that. what is said there still applies for me in that screenshot.

To quote what I said earlier..

"height setting"

Meaning.. If it breaks the game for you.. you suck

(because its a great series though it was a great addition to have)

IF THE ADDITION OF A HEIGHT SETTING BREAKS THE GAME, Not the removal of it.

Me using the word 'exclusion' interchangeably with 'addition' under the context of 'make or break' probably threw you off a bit.

What does "true fandom" have to do with disclosure? Do "true fans" object to knowing why a game was localized the way it was?

This thread is about rationale disclosure not the change itself. Can we please take the discussion of the change itself to the censorship thread instead? The "true fan" debate is not "an in game suggestion" so maybe it belongs in Community or Off Topic if the question is not PSO2 exclusive?

Yeah, it was a tongue and cheek comment gotten out of hand.

I hear you, stop @replying me on here folks so you can get back to your topic.

@Zizel said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

@Redex said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

@Emmerson-T-Kenny

I'll attempt to prove it in my own way, as trying to pull out spread-sheets and at best poorly constructed internet data would be shabby and be under representative of things at best.

If you're a fan of the series "Phantasy Star" Or "Phantasy Star Online" the lineage of PSO2.. THE SERIES.. You could 100% fairly say that if the exclusion of a height setting is make or break for you, then you've been no true fan of the series at all.

I welcome the changes that have been brought to NA/Global and my suggestion in this thread is that things stay exactly the way that they are under it's current usage of application. (it's not been abused by my regard)

Hypocrite Much? You keep saying the height setting being changed is making or breaking people and that those people aren't true fans yet you yourself are extremely adamant that you would quit the game in a heartbeat if they removed the censorship.

1596984017002-pso2sss.png

Some "true fan" you turned out to be huh?

How did.... You get that?

@SleeprunnerInc

I posted my desktop in that censorship thread when some person tried to tell me how my game decisions were gonna go for me.. lol.

@SleeprunnerInc I was wondering too, but then I thought maybe you and Zizel were friends, but apparently not. So the alternative is that Zizel hacked the Redex account? It's a mystery I would like to know XD There must be an explanation

@Redex Oh makes sense.

Man that was a long time ago!

@Emmerson-T-Kenny That seriously freaked me the hell out LUL Not to mention someone using a PM between me and someone else as an example.

@SleeprunnerInc

Just a bit. 😺 ..Anyhow, I'm 'Finnish'd' on this page.

Posting caps and naming people you've blocked is risky territory people. You're not immune just because you think you are.