Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place

@Redex said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

@Silvalance

Sure..

I've made my suggestions here so I'll leave the thread here unless someone feels the need to discuss further. I wanted to point out the fact your crowd of demanding height removal does not represent the bulk of this fan base. Having said that I'll leave you all to your discussion.

@Redex That was enough, you could have avoided the part about who's a fan and who's not. Because everyone is different.

Maybe there are people who have become PSO2 fans simply because it is possible to create loli, who knows. You don't have to judge them.

Okay...

I don't personally really want to know those fans, at all. Though to each their own..

*shudders *

...backs away slowly...

This is why SEGA needs to pay some sci-fi writers a 6 figure paycheque for their future games right here.

(Just my opinion calm down)

Once again! ..I've made my points, you're right! I don't have to judge, though it is certainly my right to make my own opinions pertaining to an environment that I inhabit alongside other people.

@Redex Don't worry, those people who disgust you will never bother you. Rather, it is you who annoys them because you judge them.

@Silvalance

Not that you would have any real idea who disgusts me as Ive not stated such things..

Although if you're referring to yourself and others who have negative intentions for the series I love and care about then I absolutely don't mind being vocal about dismissing what I see as somewhat an illness in an otherwise established video game. Rated M games are just that... Mature. This isn't some preschool game at the end of the day.

So it's happened again... there is always someone who tries to insult directly or indirectly. In another thread I get the feeling that someone has called me idiot after I wrote an opinion. I preferred to ignore, but only because I really care about Luna's thread, and it's important that it doesn't close due to quarrels between users. This thread instead looks like a war trench. 😂 But every thread is important, and I hate when these things happens....😡

i don't want to tag because I have no intention to arguing.

@XXXXXX said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

Rated M games are just that... Mature. This isn't some preschool game at the end of the day.

I'll just drop a little opinion on this. PSO2 is not a "Mature" game in that sense. Otherwise the JP version wouldn't have been a theme park. ESRB M on PSO2 Global is just for some "nudity" inside the game, plus some "violence". Nothing more.

You guys are going to get this thread locked...

@Zenny THat's just Redex being Redex.

Don't argue, just ignore and you will save alot of time and effort.

Let him have his opinion and don't provoke it.

@SleeprunnerInc said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

@Zenny THat's just Redex being Redex.

Don't argue, just ignore and you will save alot of time and effort.

Let him have his opinion and don't provoke it.

Pretty much this. I have had him ignored for awhile but I know since this has become a thing he has actively attacked and tried to get censorship topics locked and users banned. He's one of the few that has managed to escape ban but in all honesty this is good advice, if you add him or anyone else on the ignore list you never have to see a post or thread they make ever again. The ignore function on these forums is actually really great, and its the best alternative then trying to debate/argue with people like that. Highly recommend it.

@Silvalance

Sure..

I've made my suggestions here so I'll leave the thread here unless someone feels the need to discuss further. I wanted to point out the fact your crowd of demanding height removal does not represent the bulk of this fan base. Having said that I'll leave you all to your discussion.

Wait... So you speak for the fanbase... And you also choose who is a fan?... Don't you see the problem with that?..
You also said you're speaking only for yourself though- so which is it?... If 9/10 people want the height censorship removed but those who want it removed are not part of the fanbase- do you take the 1/10 and say that 100% of the fanbase doesn't want it reverted?

Stupid bias aside- it doesn't matter if you're in the "fan base" or not- whether you play and support the game matters more to the developers. And the majority of players would like it removed. This isn't opinion- it's just commonsense. The censorship existing does not mean those players are upset- or that they won't play or support the game. They very much will still do that- and they're not bothered enough by it for it to impact Sega in any way. But if you gave them the choice to revert the change they would want it reverted. These people against the censorship.... they still play the game. Doesn't mean they have to like the changes made- and it sure as hell has nothing to do with whether they're accepted into the psu fanbase or not.

As for me- I am holding off supporting the game(as I supported JPversion- yes I know the money still goes to the same company..) because of the censorship. It's just my personal belief that if a company doesn't treat you like a person who can make their own decisions and instead dictates which parts of an existing title you should be able to play and view- then the one decision I can make on my own is to not give them a dime. And I know i'm not the only one who has either prioritized JP- gone back to JP- decided to start on JP- or just dropped the game altogether and refused to support either version because of it. Yet I haven't found anyone who is only playing because they censored the game.- just those who want to make fun of people who don't like the change.

As a fan- you're going to play the game no matter what happens with the changes as is 100% of the active playerbase will still be playing the game. But even you should want more transparency with the developers. Not just regarding censorship but many other issues whether it be technical sense or what. At least we can agree that when a developer has a voice and communicates with the players... everything goes a lot smoother.

@Silvalance People partaking in adult violence doesn't land on the same scale as uncensoring exposed minors or their portrayals.

I agree that when practiced in the real world only one of the two can cause lasting physical damage or death. The other, by itself, is as harmful as a nudist colony.

As for "true fandom," unless it is some kind of cult, belief is irrelavant. If one likes and enjoys the game, one is a fan. If one offers constructive critisism of a beloved property, one is a fan. If one is looking to silence or exclude other existin players, one is a problem.

I was on vacation 😞

Anyway, the community has been fighting for a long time, either for or against "censorship." I think these threads are destined to go off the rails a bit, in part due to this long fight and high tensions.

Which is another reason why I think small steps like I'm asking for here can start some momentum for successful developer-community communication, if we get a small win, we can continue to get more wins as we continue to understand the limitations for implementing these suggestions.

@MoldyAsp33874

That was a whirl winded read of ignorance lemme highlight a few 'winning notes' from that storm.

"Wait... So you speak for the fanbase... "

No. I speak in the sense that people wanting what has been taken out to be put back in are a smaller margin of people than is claimed to be represented here on these forums. I'm not saying it doesn't have critics there is just no way it consists of the vast majority of gamers who are already familiar with Phantasy Star in the past, which creates a large percentage of the user base, however im not pretending to speak for them I am just pointing this out.

"the majority of players would like it removed. This isn't opinion"

Haha ok, maybe by your count of user based posts on these forums but by no real means of a measure for those who don't participate on forums.

"As for me- I am holding off supporting the game.. ..because of the censorship."

I see this was very make or break for you.

"As a fan- you're going to play the game no matter what happens with the changes as is 100% of the active playerbase will still be playing the game. "

That's nice of you to presume.. If they removed the solid changes they made then it would be on the player base and I may or may not quit at that point if I feel the wrong players are making up a large percentage of my community experience among them within the game.

Here's another of my thoughts on the matter...

ARKS were sent here to protect children, not potentially portray them in combat or situations otherwise.

@MoldyAsp33874

That was a whirl winded read of ignorance lemme highlight a few 'winning notes' from that storm.

"Wait... So you speak for the fanbase... "

No. I speak in the sense that people wanting what has been taken out to be put back in are a smaller margin of people than is claimed to be represented here on these forums. I'm not saying it doesn't have critics there is just no way it consists of the vast majority of gamers who are already familiar with Phantasy Star in the past, which creates a large percentage of the user base, however im not pretending to speak for them I am just pointing this out.

"the majority of players would like it removed. This isn't opinion"

Haha ok, maybe by your count of user based posts on these forums but by no real means of a measure for those who don't participate on forums.

"As for me- I am holding off supporting the game.. ..because of the censorship."

I see this was very make or break for you.

"As a fan- you're going to play the game no matter what happens with the changes as is 100% of the active playerbase will still be playing the game. "

That's nice of you to presume.. If they removed the solid changes they made then it would be on the player base and I may or may not quit at that point if I feel the wrong players are making up a large percentage of my community experience among them within the game.

Here's my another of my thoughts on the matter...

ARKS were sent here to protect children, not potentially portray them in combat or situations otherwise.

None of this matters since the topic isnt about this. Talk about this in dms. Im of the mind you came here to once again derail

@XenoBladeX37645

I'm responding to the points, take it up with the original poster then.