Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place

@Ki-Rin Honestly we already give out most of our identities, privacy etc by using social media platforms, youtube, google etc so what difference would straight out giving who you are IRL do.

If the Forum mods asked me, I would gladly tell who I was IRL.

@Ki-Rin Eh, I doubt they'll care. If they did, they would probably have too large of a list to work with since so many other media and games do far worse. Our IP addresses can be used to find our addresses and it would probably be simple for the FBI to find out who we are from there.

My forum account is linked to both Microsoft and Steam, they already have my private informations, and certainly the FBI are not looking for "pedos" on a japanese online videogame... This is certainly not the place for those people.... and it is absurd to even think so... The FBI could go to PSO2 JP then, there are millions of users using characters shorter than 150cm, you think they even reach 120cm.

@Emmerson-T-Kenny I think the absolutely shortest was like 133 cm?

@Archetype-Luna said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

@Emmerson-T-Kenny I think the absolutely shortest was like 133 cm?

Nope, the shortest is 120cm, but they are the "mini" outfits. It's a content of the Episode 5

@Emmerson-T-Kenny I am not sure if it is fair to count the mini outfits since they basically override the character's actual height. The height limit is more of the character creator limit as there is a chance that we may somehow get the mini suits despite the height limit (I mean we somehow got the school swimsuit, which surprised me).

@Archetype-Luna So yes, the minimum height decided by the player is about 130cm, when dressed it reaches 133. Mini outfits are one thing I really wish I had, they are too fun, especially the mini rappy.

even more funny when the "FBI" doesn exist in your country...the FBI open up thing is just a meme spread on the internet to show how hilarious some ppl are - accusing others of "doing something illegal" and overreacting over basically everything...even over small characters in a game...in one thread a GM said theyll work on something when bans dont work...in these rough cases when somebody created the 3rd or 4th forum account just and only to harass people they really have to do something rougher than "banning the new account"...might as well contact his internet provider with proof of his actions - not the first time that people like him lost their provider

what hes doing is considered cyber stalking in germany..up to 10 years of jail for that...creating multiple accounts to harass the same user accusing him of pedophilia is enough...such people should be given zero power...IP address is enough to report them

@Emmerson-T-Kenny Yeah and I still find it absurd that somehow Height=Age.

Like hell no it doesn't.

Like do we need to start linking the definition of Age and what is age to people.

@JuggernautGTX Tracing the internet provider should be simple, tracing their actual IP address is anotehr thing due to VPN's, however if they ain't using it.

Contacting the local authorities etc and explaining the situation can lead to some severe consequences.

IF he is from NA, I think there's some punishment for doing stupid stuff like this on the internet.

I kinda wish those Chinese Internet addiction camps were a thing in the west.

@SleeprunnerInc Those are just trolls whose sole purpose is to try and shut down threads. And they blame people, hoping that someone notices them. Most likely they are the ones who suffer the most, because they didn't know the game is censored, and they don't even want it to be, and therefore they justify themselves. I begin to feel compassion for them... maybe they are just tsundere? But blaming people is really wrong and they should be punished.

But returned to the topic before the moderators close it for "off-topic".

Still hasn't SEGA declared anything? Not even on social? I hope in the next days they will do something.

@Emmerson-T-Kenny said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

Still hasn't SEGA declared anything? Not even on social? I hope in the next days they will do something.

SEGA hasn't communicated about censorship for 7 months now. Next days? That's.. uhh.. very optimistic hoping at this point.

Hey guys, mind you that posting threads with existing topics over and over is against our community guidelines under article 2.e (https://forum.pso2.com/topic/72/phantasy-star-online-2-community-guidelines). So I am asking for your cooperation with this so please try to be patient and not post multiple threads with the existing topics over and over in the future because it can be deleted if needed for moderation. Thank you for your cooperation and have a great day! peace

@GM-Sirius said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

Hey guys, mind you that posting threads with existing topics over and over is against our community guidelines under article 2.e (https://forum.pso2.com/topic/72/phantasy-star-online-2-community-guidelines). So I am asking for your cooperation with this so please try to be patient and not post multiple threads with the existing topics over and over in the future because it can be deleted if needed for moderation. Thank you for your cooperation and have a great day! peace

I don't think anyone is trying to do that- the other threads have just been locked by other GMs for the obvious reasons. But we were also told to make different threads for different options or compromises. Who knows- I think all subjects get their spotlight and it's not too crazy for now. As long as what exists remains open.

But noted

@GM-Sirius these are all related ways to fix the same problem, but they all came about as different suggestions to the same problem. Each of the new suggestions had been unique in this way. We did not want to keep them in the same thread, because we want to keep each suggestion on topic to the specific suggestion being discussed. So if this is against rules then I think the rules need a bit of clarification.

In my two threads I have been specifically trying to introduce a new idea not discussed before.

The reason for this sudden "explosion" if new suggestions related to the topic is we are no longer simply asking to have censors removed, but are attempting to come to varying levels of compromise, as at this point we do not believe we can simply have censors removed.

This specific suggestion has already gotten GM attention and been submitted as an entirely new suggestion forum.pso2.com/post/80470

Edit: I'm messaging the GM in private to settle this matter, please do not follow up on talk of these threads being duplicates. As it is off topic to the thread topic.

@GM-Sirius said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

Thank you for addressing the problem. 🙂