Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place

@Leonkh99 thank you, I need to remind myself of my goal. The purpose is to get the limitations of the decision maker. If we can get those limitations then we can make suggestions within those limitations. We do not really need the full picture, just an idea of what suggestions we produce are actually actionable. Thank you for helping me distil the message down.

Given that Sega was more ready to censor the Slave weapon line as opposed to telling us why the height slider was removed, we can't expect anything good.

I'd love if we got an explanation on any of the censorship as well... Slave->Raven made absolutely 0 sense if you read the lore on the weapons.... And then the height change, why does it exist?

@Kurumi-Tokisaki Changing Slave to Raven is most likely because people had asked for a change due to political reasons. Obviously "Slave Shooter" and "Slave Chain" isn't going to have the same context in Japan as it does in NA or other parts of the world.

@ApollosAmour said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

@Kurumi-Tokisaki Changing Slave to Raven is most likely because people had asked for a change due to political reasons. Obviously "Slave Shooter" and "Slave Chain" isn't going to have the same context in Japan as it does in NA or other parts of the world.

And i doubt those people actually play the game

But this is about height, not the other stuff

It is possible to read those requests? Because I don't remember reading any complaints about the name of those weapons, and it seems like something decided by SEGA itself.

@Leonkh99 Ok, thanks!

So complaints work, I'll keep complaining about censorship until I get what I want. Now I feel more motivated.

@Emmerson-T-Kenny said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

It is possible to read those requests? Because I don't remember reading any complaints about the name of those weapons, and it seems like something decided by SEGA itself.

@Leonkh99 said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

@Emmerson-T-Kenny Here: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/5701/slave-weapon-name-change?page=1

@Emmerson-T-Kenny said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

@Leonkh99 Ok, thanks!

So complaints work, I'll keep complaining about censorship until I get what I want. Now I feel more motivated.

What???? Only one guy with 1 thread won the battle? 😰 We have literally tons of other problems in the game, tons of complaints, unlimited threads, and he has been rewarded with one small insignificant complaint? 😲 😧 😧 😧 😧

I'm full of anger now. I despise this game more and more, and I get treated very badly every day.

So hypothetically if an user complains for example that Rappies are innocent animals and should not be killed, would SEGA change the 3D models of the rappies to evil monsters? I will put animal protection on the topic, WWF.

Topic of this thread is related to the height change, feel free to create a thread about the slave->Raven change if you want to though.

More seriously, the censorship on both ends is likely Microsoft strong arming Sega. Given that the change from Slave to Raven coincides with Microsoft changing their policies to censor 'Blacklist/Whitelist', it isn't too much of a stretch to say that Microsoft simply demanded that Sega change the height slider; we all know how Silicon Valley hates Japanese imagery.

@Liam-J-McAdam said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

More seriously, the censorship on both ends is likely Microsoft strong arming Sega. Given that the change from Slave to Raven coincides with Microsoft changing their policies to censor 'Blacklist/Whitelist', it isn't too much of a stretch to say that Microsoft simply demanded that Sega change the height slider; we all know how Silicon Valley hates Japanese imagery.

oh yeah, i forgot they did that. that was dumb on microsoft's part. especially since it only applies to them and not everyone else. everyone can still freely call the blacklist/whitelist what it really is with or without microsoft's consent and just them be triggered.

yay for the salt miners who bring entertainment to the masses. >.>

@XenoBladeX37645 said in Disclose WHY the height limit was put in place:

And i doubt those people actually play the game

But this is about height, not the other stuff

I do have like 800 hours in this game. Also had about the same in the Japanese version. This is a non-argument.

@Emmerson-T-Kenny Here: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/5701/slave-weapon-name-change?page=1

That thread was a troll thread, if you look at the OPs account you can see they only ever made 2 posts since its creation and have not been back to these forums since. a GM also found the thread was not genuine and was only created to kick up political debate and thus locked it.

It wasn't a genuine complaint thread, just someone trying to stir the community. It should be disregarded really.

@Paladin Belgium and Netherland dont have the game due to lootbox regulations. When it comes to Online and Mobile games, "Global" is usually to mean the version "available in most regions". There's many games with Global versions which still have a separate client and server for say... South Korea, China, Japan and/or South East Asia despite already having a "Global" version which isnt available in these territories.

In addition, you dont need an NA account to play. On Xbox One and Windows 10, Microsoft accounts are region-free... there is no such thing as an "NA Account". On Steam, the games available in other regions and the Steam account of those regions can play.

Also online games dont have separate clients for EACH region the same way standalone games do so... your statement that its an "NA client" doesnt make sense when such is the standard in the industry.

Ok? But are they not global?

Yes?

Guess game isnt Global then now is it.....?

Its the NA Release.

Deal with it.

Height restriction stays, I seen plenty of players playing as the shortest possible in the skimpiest possible with high pitched voices, yet thankfully they still look at least 16-18 give or take.

Remove height restriction, guess what they will do?

A players character can speak volumes on the person him/herself. Much like a Painting is worth a Thousand words.

Nuff said.