We need SOMETHING to grind for. Limited UQs with impossible drop rates aren't enough.

It's really weird to go through an entire expansion and not have any reason to change weapons or armor at all.

Get a Nemesis and Slave +35 of a weapon you'll be using- they'll be used in a recipe for a 15* eventually. Wait for Ares is what needs to happen currently. the 14* in UQs are nice but you can't expect them to ever drop- they're not exactly a farmable item while nem/slaves are.. You get God Stones from doing Naverius and Lillipa which will eventually purchase nem/slaves from the badge shop. - I believe it's 250 per. Quests at Hans will give you a bonus of 3 per day if you do them..

But yeah- the nem/slaves we get are currently Ep5 content so it'll be a while for anything to catch up.

@Gurgles said in We need SOMETHING to grind for. Limited UQs with impossible drop rates aren't enough.:

It's really weird to go through an entire expansion and not have any reason to change weapons or armor at all.

You're new to this game aren't you?

@Nuebot said in We need SOMETHING to grind for. Limited UQs with impossible drop rates aren't enough.:

@Gurgles said in We need SOMETHING to grind for. Limited UQs with impossible drop rates aren't enough.:

To be fair to them, Slave/Nemesis are EP5 weapons and global getting them so early fucked weapon progression by a huge margin.

@AwkwardSatori said in We need SOMETHING to grind for. Limited UQs with impossible drop rates aren't enough.:

@Nuebot said in We need SOMETHING to grind for. Limited UQs with impossible drop rates aren't enough.:

To be fair to them, Slave/Nemesis are EP5 weapons and global getting them so early fucked weapon progression by a huge margin.

It sure did, but it also means we're even less likely to get anything new to grind for outside of 14* which currently do have a rather astronomical rarity - to which I really must say "are you new to this series?"

One day a red ring will drop for me. One day.

@Nuebot

Really?

Name a single RPG/looter gme expansion that doesn't give you better gear at all. I find it hard to believe that you think this is 'normal'?

@Nuebot

Really?

Name a single RPG/looter gme expansion that doesn't give you better gear at all.

Just because you don't want to grind for it doesn't mean the loot doesn't exist, Phantasy Star Online as a franchise is infamous for having rare items with obscenely low, and occasionally extremely convoluted and specific, drop rates. If you don't like the idea of doing urgent quests hoping for that ~1% drop rate then that's tough luck, that's basically the game's entire endgame. And unlike 13* items such as the nemesis and slave weapons, you generally can't buy or trade 14* or rarer items.

@Nuebot

You didn't answer my question.

Also, you're incorrect about the 1% drop rate (obviously). It's honestly probably worse than 1 in 100,000? Let's be honest and admit that these items are essentially unobtainable.

I'm not against super-rare items that are like winning the lottery if you get them, but they can't be the ONLY method of getting better gear. That's insane!

Again, can you name me another RPG/looter game where you can expect to go through an entire expansion upgrade and NEVER change from your old weapons or armor?

It's already been explained above that the current scale in loot has been thrown off because of the Nemesis and Slave weapons which were originally introduced in episode five making them leaps and bounds more powerful than nearly anything in episode four, so you're not going to find anything stronger than them until you start reaching the rarer items such as the exclusive end game 14* items. You already have gear vastly more powerful than you would otherwise have, as if not for those then we would be following a progression of Ray weapon to Union Weapons (or the various 13* alternatives from yamato and mother) to the newer 13* from deus and then the upgrade for that all the while hoping a 14* would drop. But given that we do have the nemesis and slave weapons, and you're radically against rare drop farming - the entire core mechanic of this game - I'm genuinely not sure what you are even looking for at this point. If all you care about is the instant gratification of finding shiny new toys to replace your old toys an hour after you get them then this is the wrong game for you, we're already rushing through the content at break-neck pace.

@Nuebot

You are vastly misrepresenting my position.

I actually like the idea of having some crazy rare unicorn drops, but an expansion should still have something, anything else to grind for gear progression.

UQs can't be farmed, and are basically just a timed lottery ticket that you're not going to win. I'm actually OK with that.. but is that it? That's the ONLY gear progression path? You list out the normal JP progression, and that actually sounds like fun to me!

I don't want "shiny new toys to replace your old toys an hour after you get them". This isn't after an hour, days, or even weeks, this is for the entire expansion. We need a goal, something to work towards outside of UQs, something we can actually eventually get (even if we have to buy it!)

If they can give us slave/nems early, they can do it with other things.