All the crying about censoring those scenes is going to hurt the game

The censorship is obviously destroying the game. Just look how awful Sega is doing right now.

https://mmos.com/news/phantasy-star-online-2-in-north-america-is-segas-1-f2p-title-and-earned-14m-between-april-june

Without the MAJORITY of the community, how will Sega be able to make it? 😢

I hate soloing lol.

So are we saying that the developers and people who play the JP version of this game are all pedophiles?

Don't care about the story but limiting player options that have been there previously is never taken kindly and I think that is the source of the outcry.

90% of players are probably not even aware this forum exists and don't give a flying '%&$ about a missing story scene they would end up skipping anyway (if they even bother to play story mode at all). All the "this game will get hurt because of censorship" people are living in their internet bubble that is so far removed from reality that I can't help but laugh.

@Ogni-XR21 You do realize that the OP is saying that the anti-censorship people are the ones whom will harm the game right. Most anti-censorship people don't think the game is going to die because of the censorship or any outcry due to censorship; thus we have no reservation about speaking out against it, because the game won't die from us doing so.

Omg! Trying to hard! I am so surprised the GMs have not banned people for bring this topic up again! These accounts need to be banned! All this misdirection just to have inappropriate issues and themes in the game. They want to indoctrinate the community with immortality!

@Ogni-XR21 said in All the crying about censoring those scenes is going to hurt the game:

90% of players are probably not even aware this forum exists and don't give a flying '%&$ about a missing story scene they would end up skipping anyway (if they even bother to play story mode at all). All the "this game will get hurt because of censorship" people are living in their internet bubble that is so far removed from reality that I can't help but laugh.

@RainGnyu First, you do realize that the OP is pro-censorship right? The OP is complaining about people complaining about the censorship, namely that it has gotten attention via a youtube video from a decently sized channel and the comments that are being posted in it.

Second the topic has been ongoing; it never died. If you look in the suggestion section of the forum, it has been ongoing rather steadily. A thread of mine on the subject has been active since the 7th of August.

Third the reason why people aren't banned for being anti-censorship is because it is not illegal, inherently immoral, nor against any forum rules. The topic is allowed.

@JPSE13 You are likely right about most people not being aware, but I don't think they would not care if they knew. The comments in the video shows that some people do care once they are aware. We can't say for sure what the majority is unless Sega does something like an in game survey on the matter, which is unlikely to happen.

Sega cares about Global for $$$, if they want to do a survey, they'll ask their actual playerbase.

@Akakomuma said in [All the crying about censoring those scenes is going to hurt the game]

Your avatar is a loli that gets sexualized btw.

Uh, I visited your twitter when it was in your sig. This is such an ironic thing for you to say lol

@XenoBladeX37645 The max height isn't capped. The general consensus is that it had issues for a bit as a result from changing the min height cap, but it's fixed.

Auxiliaries have the same caps we do, they're just shrunken down. It's more like they're on a smaller scale like a Barbie doll than a full age regression, which is the issue at hand.

It's always funny to me that whenever we make a good enough argument, we're automatically trolls or alts or sent here on payroll by the government or some sort of company. Or when we're not even talking about it, the topic deflects to "you think I'm a pedo don't you?!". It seems like there's always some convenient excuse for any argument, which is partially why it's such a complicated thing now versus the other threads asking for different changes.

@ApollosAmour said in All the crying about censoring those scenes is going to hurt the game:

@XenoBladeX37645 The max height isn't capped. The general consensus is that it had issues for a bit as a result from changing the min height cap, but it's fixed.

Auxiliaries have the same caps we do, they're just shrunken down. It's more like they're on a smaller scale like a Barbie doll than a full age regression, which is the issue at hand.

Thats a double standard, people keep saying that small characters are children, that should apply to auxes too but they dont. Which is why that logic is flawed. you can throw bikinis on auxes just like short characters yet these pro censorship people have zero issue with that. Dont even try to curve that. And in regards to the pedo stuff, the OP literally said it himself

@XenoBladeX37645 said in All the crying about censoring those scenes is going to hurt the game:

@ApollosAmour said in All the crying about censoring those scenes is going to hurt the game:

Thats a double standard, people keep saying that small characters are children, that should apply to auxes too but they dont. Which is why that logic is flawed. you can throw bikinis on auxes just like short characters yet these pro censorship people have zero issue with that. Dont even try to curve that. And in regards to the pedo stuff, the OP literally said it himself

It's not a double standard. We're talking about scale here. The auxiliaries have the same exact character creator that we do, but they're on a different scale. Barbie is meant to be the size of an average adult woman, but she's on 1:12 scale meaning she's just shy of 1ft tall. That's our auxiliaries too: if we're 1:1 scale, they're 1:2 or 1:3 scale. Short adults, children, etc. would still be 1:1 scale.

Short characters can be adults absolutely, so that's not the argument at hand. Sega increased the minimum height cap and altered the EP4 content for a reason. If Occam's Razor applies, we're saying that it's most likely that it might've been altered to reflect the amount of players that are openly into loli/shota and how that might affect a global audience. In this thread alone, we have at least 2 people that have loli/shota characters (with min height, smallest cup size, wearing provocative clothing) that wish they were shorter. To me, that just means that if Sega's intention was to prevent loli/shota content by even 5%, then they've succeeded. It's a compromise, meaning that people who care about having the min cap on JP who don't intend to do that need to make them slightly taller or stay on JP.

There's no definitive proof a shorter or smaller character causes or supports paedophilia. An actual paedophile is very likely taking measures not to be exposed or discovered and represents fewer than .01% of our community. Wild accusations trying to tie a short character to their creator being a loli or shotacon is blatantly false nearly every time.