All the crying about censoring those scenes is going to hurt the game

Not again...

As I said in the other topic, what just happened is that the complaints that were in a closed space (this forum) got revealed to the "outside world" by a relatively big youtuber. Most people on the comments section weren't even AWARE of that censorship NOR accessed the forums a single time, and informing them IS a good thing.

What do you want exactly? To people blindly accept what comes to them when there's a "better product" out there?

@SleeprunnerInc said in All the crying about censoring those scenes is going to hurt the game:

Doesn't help that your mindset seems to be: I am right, you are not, screw if I am proven false.

The fact that you are so insistent on there being nothing problematic about a bath scene with two teenagers and a 12 year old with a boob grab gag certainly does you no favours in regards to this. It also is incredibly worrying to see you have this opinion when you have stated in a previous thread that you work with children.

Also I literally cited sources for my shit and all of you that were for it start pulling mental gymnastics that looked like a man stumbling over themselves trying to climb a waist-high fence before swapping to making passive aggressive insults at me for an entire page, despite earlier having cried for 'civility' in the thread.

Leave it to the internet to weed out the creepy ones.

If it's okay in jp, it's okay here.

Wait, I could have been taller?

Well yes, now I'm miffed.

I love making Amazonian women that look like they are constantly pissed off at everything and would break you in half if you slightly annoyed them.

@IAMCRAIG-0 said in All the crying about censoring those scenes is going to hurt the game:

@SleeprunnerInc said in All the crying about censoring those scenes is going to hurt the game:

Doesn't help that your mindset seems to be: I am right, you are not, screw if I am proven false.

The fact that you are so insistent on there being nothing problematic about a bath scene with two teenagers and a 12 year old with a boob grab gag certainly does you no favours in regards to this. It also is incredibly worrying to see you have this opinion when you have stated in a previous thread that you work with children.

Also I literally cited sources for my shit and all of you that were for it start pulling mental gymnastics that looked like a man stumbling over themselves trying to climb a waist-high fence before swapping to making passive aggressive insults at me for an entire page, despite earlier having cried for 'civility' in the thread.

There is nothing inherently wrong in that cutscene.

All of the characters are closely aged so it was a silly scene with a bunch of kids having a funny moment.

It's a basic gag in cartoons and anime.

What's so wrong with seeing a funny joke scene that we have all seen in movies, cartoons and comics?

How are you so perturbed by this specific cutscene to this extent?

Personally I don't mind it that people are voicing their opinions on this matter. Whether they are for or against the censorship, it's good they're letting their voices be heard.

What I do mind though is people being like "oh this game is gonna die cause they censored it." Which I unfortunately see a bit of in the youtube comments. I'm enjoying this game a lot, censorship or not (Though I'd rather not see my son Al lewded personally, he is baby and needs to be protected), and I'd rather not see this game I've come to enjoy die so soon.

@IAMCRAIG-0 said in All the crying about censoring those scenes is going to hurt the game:

All of the characters are closely aged so it was a silly scene with a bunch of kids having a funny moment.

What's so wrong with seeing a funny joke scene that we have all seen in movies, cartoons and comics?

Just because it's a joke doesn't mean it's ok. Just because they're young and don't know better doesn't mean it's ok. Sexual jokes portraying sexual harassment in a lighthearted way should never be ok. The fact that it's adults creating this scene makes it even less ok. Maybe it's not disturbing in Japan and maybe that's why sexual harassment in Japan is such an issue, but clearly the western audience is not ok with this type of portrayal, thus the censorship.

Guh, please, my ignore list is already the size of a small continent . It can't take much more captain!

@Cikia I wouldn't say the western audience clearly has an issue with content like the removed scene, considering the comments on these videos, cases where games got uncensored like Elins in Tera or Shai in BDO, and the anime that gets simulcasted in the west.

@Furious said in All the crying about censoring those scenes is going to hurt the game:

Wait, I could have been taller?

Well yes, now I'm miffed.

I love making Amazonian women that look like they are constantly pissed off at everything and would break you in half if you slightly annoyed them.

No, there is no max height restrictions, not sure why that came up. If there was, I wouldn't have been able to make any of my characters.

Anyway, there are like 3 extremely minor "censorship changes" in PSO2 that do not detract from the game in any meaningful way. The way you guys talk about it makes it sound like the entire game has been permanently ruined and is unplayable.

Also, the bath house scene was some creepy pedo shit, so it's understandable that it was removed as in the West, we're a lot more serious about that stuff, thankfully.

@Cikia said in All the crying about censoring those scenes is going to hurt the game:

Just because it's a joke doesn't mean it's ok. Just because they're young and don't know better doesn't mean it's ok. Sexual jokes portraying sexual harassment in a lighthearted way should never be ok. The fact that it's adults creating this scene makes it even less ok. Maybe it's not disturbing in Japan and maybe that's why sexual harassment in Japan is such an issue, but clearly the western audience is not ok with this type of portrayal, thus the censorship.

IF that were true, we would not have anime in the west in the first place.

On top of that, we have freaking Who framed Roger Rabbit and tons of cartoons from disney with hidden innuendos, same wtih Nickelodeon and so on.

Why is the world suddenly turning so PG7?

Cause of the corona?

You can't take a freaking joke?

It's not harming anyone in the slightest and it's a total joke.

@Matt I would not say locking a portion of the character creation a MINOR censor especially when they never released any statement why it was done.

I don't know where all you people are coming from yelling creepy pedo stuff when we have had content like this for years in games like Senran kagura, Legend of heroes etc.

I'm actually surprised you guys are only now appearing and I seriously think it's because you guys got nothing better to do because of Corona.

If these characters were brutally murdered in the next scene, nobody would care, aside from the glaring plot hole. An obviously comedic scene with an embarrassing moment suddenly has the morality police in full Karen mode. These are fictional characters in a fictional space being used in a Mature rated game. There is no crime happening here, these characters aren't real people, at any moment they could just as easily vanish or die.

@Lemon-Sama said in All the crying about censoring those scenes is going to hurt the game:

If these characters were brutally murdered in the next scene, nobody would care, aside from the glaring plot hole.

You ah..do realize that Tales of Berseria censored a scene of a child being murdered in cold blood, right? Are we just going to ignore that fact?

You guys really do like to act as though the censorship in PSO2 is somehow completely unique to that, and doesn't appear in any other game under the sun. This isn't unique to PSO2, and hell, even Blizzard recently "censored" a decades old storyarch, re-writing the scene so that one of the characters no longer calls the other a bitch.

Or how about FFXIV back in Heavensward, where Haurchefant's entire character was changed to make him far less obsessed and lustful over the WoL, likely due to the fact that the PC could be either male or female, an SE didn't want to offend anyone with the illusion of a gay romance towards the PC.

But no, let's all get overly uppity about a throw away anime bath scene that adds literally nothing to the game's story or character development what so ever. This is how localization works - god forbid you grew up in the nineties like I did ,where literally every video game you played was heavily changed in localization to remove any major religious symbolism, or try and hide away any signs of death. We're not Japan, the US is always going to have different values than they do - especially when it comes to minors.

Any of you folks upset over the censorship play smash brothers by chance?