All the crying about censoring those scenes is going to hurt the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI01Cg6IbL8

Come on now. People already saying the game is completely butchered, others saying that this one bit of censoring [because apparently NOT seeing underage kids showering is a dealbreaker] is the nail on the coffin for them, people actively saying, and many agreeing with them, that the game won't last long because of this.

Do you people WANT this game to fail just because you can't make tiny characters or kids aren't naked and groping each other on fanservice bath scenes? Because that's really the only true censoring they did, everything else, including half-naked outfits and very suggestive emotes, are uncensored. Remember when this sort of constant complaining about a tiny part of a game ended up killing very good games like Dirty Bomb? Your constant crying about this is actively driving people away and some of you saying the game's days are numbered because you can't see naked children is making it far worse.

You guys are so obsessed with going berserk over censorship that you can't bother to understand WHY it was done or why censoring these tiny parts of this huge game was a necessary move. It's not like everything is censored, it's not like we can't have Xion's design when we find her and Luther or can't have Matoi's transformed outfit, it's a HEIGHT LIMIT AND BATHING SCENES and some of you are already acting like the entire game is censored and ruined.

If this is truly such a problem for you, then just use the Tweaker and go to the JP version and just stop driving people away from global because "muh naked kids" or 'muh height limit".

A: Pro-censorship people were misquoting laws which were proven to be false and having 0 effect on the censorship.

B: The ESRB Rating excuse was proven to be false as the scenes did not affect it.

😄 It started with a single change to Height, a cutscene, then innerwear got affected and it's only going to spread from there.

😧 People want it gone because there was no reason given for the changes to exist and because they advertised the game as ALL THE CONTENT despite breaking their promise already with changed cutscenes WITHOUT INFORMING THE PLAYERBASE WHICH BTW Is a clause in nearly every single country's advertisement laws to inform their customers if the product is modified from the original statement.

This promise is still visible on the roadmap and showing visible frustration and dissatisfaction with the product is good overall for the health of the game and the future of the game aswell.

We already got a butchered Translation for the game, missing translations, HALFBAKED translations (Check the requirements for some of the substory quests in episode 4, others tell you what you need to do, others do not.

The bathing scene was unnecessarily cut. Siblings sharing a bath in Japan is not only normal, but very expected. Cutting it was a bad move and only led to making things worse.

The height restriction was also unnecessary, while most of the complaints (including mine) were about the low restriction, the upper restriction is also in place.

The connection between short characters and paedophilia is unproven, has no data or statistics that prove this theory correct, and greatly overestimates the number of actual paedophiles among our player base. This unwarranted fear mongering only fuels the problem by encouraging people to take the stereotype even further, on both sides.

While I don't care for the censorship, I don't see why people shouldn't argue for what they believe. If the game doesn't align with someones beliefs on censorship, then it's up to themselves what they will do about it. I wouldn't say it's damaging the game, the game is a set stage at this point and it's lifespan is at the hands of SEGA. I am unsure what the majority thinks about the censorship, but I guess if the majority is disappointed, the game might fail, as there are valid alternatives.

I think these kinds of topics are hyperbolic, and the fire probably looks much larger than it is, within these forum boards.

@Lemon-Sama said in All the crying about censoring those scenes is going to hurt the game:

The bathing scene was unnecessarily cut. Siblings sharing a bath in Japan is not only normal, but very expected. Cutting it was a bad move and only led to making things worse.

The height restriction was also unnecessary, while most of the complaints (including mine) were about the low restriction, the upper restriction is also in place.

The connection between short characters and paedophilia is unproven, has no data or statistics that prove this theory correct, and greatly overestimates the number of actual paedophiles among our player base. This unwarranted fear mongering only fuels the problem by encouraging people to take the stereotype even further, on both sides.

Is it normal for the siblings to grope one another in the bath? Is this why Japan has a huge problem with incest?

@SleeprunnerInc said in All the crying about censoring those scenes is going to hurt the game:

A: Pro-censorship people were misquoting laws which were proven to be false and having 0 effect on the censorship.

Right, 'misquoting'.

What's next, you joining the others that cried out that loli/shota doesn't refer to sexual attraction to children even when given multiple sources listing the definition as clear as day? Or that said people could have switched to using actual common terminology used to describe people with smaller features that are adults?

Also @Ephemiel , as someone that has just been up all night arguing with these people, they very clearly know the reasoning behind the removal of those scenes and the height restrictions, while trying to remain coy about it. I would honestly be more worried about the game becoming associated with pedophiles from the amount of stink that has been kicked up about it. Certainly doesn't help that Sega has chosen to not take a stance on it, but then again that'd require them to admit they mandated a lot of gross stuff in the game to begin with and actually take responsibility for their actions.

Waiting for another locked thread.

@IAMCRAIG-0 Yes, they were blatantly misquoting the laws and judging by you getting offended at said notification, you were one of those people.

Doesn't help that your mindset seems to be: I am right, you are not, screw if I am proven false.

The game isn't going to fail because people are being vocal about issues like censorship. Should we not be sending in feedback? Something that the forums are made for? The game isn't going to fail because of this. Plenty of people still play the game and the game likely still gets people signing up for the game.

What that video and its comment shows is how people are generally not away of censorship in games when it happens unless they have knowledge of the original, and how they tend to lean towards having games go uncensored when they do learn of it.

PSO2 Global isn't going to shutdown because of this. If the censorship blows up to that big of an issue, something that is highly unlikely, then Sega just has to uncensor the game then. Other games like Tera have gone through this; Tera uncensored Elins with no issue.

We should have a thread that goes into detail on what's been censored and what hasn't for those of us who don't play JP, and to keep everyone on track regardless. That way people can see for themselves and form their own opinions instead of going by word of mouth, which is almost always from a biased perspective.

For instance, stuff like how the max height cap was likely a glitch that got fixed (probably due to changing the min height cap). Or the scrapped Oracle scenes that were related to a feature that was scrapped and is not comparable to the one EP4 scene that was cut.

@ApollosAmour This one, I agree with.

@ApollosAmour @SleeprunnerInc I included a list of what I have found to be censored in the opening post of my thread in the Suggestions forum: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/6869/can-we-not-cut-out-anymore-story-scenes-and-stop-it-with-censorship-in-general

I just recently added the Censored Gaming video to it as well. I try to keep the opening post updated.

@Ephemiel I have to say too, I agree. With some of the measures I've seen, it's hard not to think that people want the game to tank sometimes to prove a point. Realistically though, I don't think any of this outrage even remotely reflects the majority or else we'd be seeing the forum flooded with demands for change. At most, I think we've seen just over 60 in terms of numbers and those can't be verified as individual people.

Even if people want to play the game without the changes, most appear unaffected by them since they mostly seem to affect one demographic of players. This is probably something Sega realized that the potential benefit of creating a friendlier global experience was worth the risk of upsetting a fraction of players.

I just have to point out too, don't you find it funny that the "ALL THE CONTENT" statement hasn't seemed to upset people waiting for other scrapped or unreleased content all that strongly? Or that there's people that already wish other parts of the content we're getting were glossed over entirely, like the ridroid quests? It only seems to enrage the people that are upset about the height restriction and the cut/altered EP4 scenes. 🤔

GMs please close thread!

@ApollosAmour Have people been asking that the ridroid quests were skipped? I seen some criticism of the controls, but haven't seen people ask for it to be completely removed or skipped. I actually enjoy the ridroid. I find the speed at which it rises and descends to be a bit slow, but otherwise enjoy it. The controls take a bit getting used to but aren't too bad. Granted, I am using a controller and I did set the controls to manual; so it does involve going through the menus a bit.