Who else has noticed an influx of toxic people?

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Who else has noticed an influx of toxic people?:

@Z-Gradt said in Who else has noticed an influx of toxic people?:

No, not really.

All you snowflakes need thicker skin.

Nice fresh account you have there.

That thing on your head is weird. Is it a bird perch?

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Who else has noticed an influx of toxic people?:

@Z-Gradt said in Who else has noticed an influx of toxic people?:

No, not really.

All you snowflakes need thicker skin.

Nice fresh account you have there.

Thanks, yours is nice as well.

Settle down please. Thread has been edited to remove shamed player's ID, but still provides advice to others if they encounter a similar situation.

From my experience, name and shame is not really well seen by most forums because of the heavy environment it creates. In many cases it can just go about mostly peacefully and unnoticed, and in other cases it creates flame wars with multiple posts flooding the main pages of a forum. It used to be much worse a few years back, when the practice started to be frowned upon.

A more accepted alternative is to post to warn about certain people doing toxic things in game, while not giving a specific name. This is usually very accepted by GMs and moderators.

If someone is doing something really bad, like soliciting in-game then I'm not against naming and shaming. But when it's petty stuff like "you're MEAN I HATE YOU!!!", just get over it. You don't need to destroy someone just because you disagreed with them or you suspect them of something you have no proof for. That's when the mods come in.

Its normal

People come from:

• WoW retail toxic as hell
  • WoW classic worse than retail in terms of toxicity
  • FFXIV less toxic than WoW but people still vote-kick newbies on the dungeons.

PSO2-NA still to early to "Say"

Also if you join to a "Quest" people expect clean as fast posible the mission. That is the point if you want do other activies like "Enjoy the flowers" play alone

If you join somebody's run, don't expect them to do anything you want. Their run, their rules.

@CrAZYVIC said in Who else has noticed an influx of toxic people?:

FFXIV less toxic than WoW but people still vote-kick newbies on the dungeons.

Must be pretty rare, never once happened to me past 3 weeks, I'm a total green sprout without a clue. Maybe because of EU server. PSO2 is more global and stuff.

@havox4 I never experienced it either, but I've heard a lot about it in raids where people are ruthless if you haven't watched the latest youtube video on what circles go where lol

They are probably FFXIV raiders then because some of them very much act like that in that game.. no joke, when a new raid/dungeon drops, you're expected to know the fight the next day.

Yeah, I've always found it ridiculous. I never got to that content since I was doing F2P, but I wouldn't have stuck around long for it if I had.

@Valinda said in Who else has noticed an influx of toxic people?:

They are probably FFXIV raiders then because some of them very much act like that in that game.. no joke, when a new raid/dungeon drops, you're expected to know the fight the next day.

Lol, when 5.3 came out, the duty finder was filled with people demanding perfection on the Extreme versions, when most had barely done the normal one.

The game has always been filled with SJWs and snowflakes so of course toxicity is high. It's better to find a group in which people don't doxx, spam report and seethe at certain words.

Yeah not encountered any such thing. You running around shouting your preferences and gender or something?

@Ephemiel said in Who else has noticed an influx of toxic people?:

Lol, when 5.3 came out, the duty finder was filled with people demanding perfection on the Extreme versions, when most had barely done the normal one.

I saw this a LOT on Korean MMOs as well. Since Koreans usually released videos (after failing the runs 100 times before), the "hardcore and elite" players from other regions watched those videos, dissecting them by the millisecond, then demanding everyone else do the same so they can get successful runs from the first go.....

....all then to look back and cry that there's little to no content.