Who else has noticed an influx of toxic people?

Apparently __________ joins groups and yells at you while you're doing your harvesting / dailies and then reports you. Be on the lookout ❤

Not responding 'right away' triggered that person, who has probably been ignored a lot by people in games/this game. There's no grounds for reporting here. He should probably think of ways to control this particular trigger. Several times now, someone has joined my party and said not a single thing. shrugs.

Tbqh I dont usually respond to people either; especially if I dont know them. Not to mention I had a harvesting fever going... ¯\__(ツ)_/¯

Name and Shame is against forum rules.

Cool; then I am sure the mods will remove the post then. Until then; here is a person's toxic behavior that you should avoid. =]

This person seems like a troll, dont worry about him. Not responding to someone is not an bannable offense, nothing will happen.

Well, I've noticed you since you want to name and shame.

You should have ignored the person or reported them instead of trying to create a lynch mob, which only reflects poorly on you.

I never got the mentality behind not name shaming, if they do something shame worthy why should they not be called out for it?

I really wish NA would do what other countries do and post account/character/usernames of those who get banned, that way players could actually confirm something is being done vs throwing out some random numbers every week.

It's against the rules because it's effectively a skeleton crew watching the forums currently, considering the warnings/responses they give out have a very copy-pasted feel.

edit: To elaborate, there likely isn't enough manpower to properly moderate the forums.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed The way I see it with name shaming, there are several reasons not to do it.

• They could learn from their mistakes and change. However, people tend to view others in a two-dimensional way, so it doesn't matter how much the person changed, all they see is what they did in the past. It's one of the issues some criminals face once they get out of jail. It's possible the person really did change and want to lead an honest life, but society only sees that they were convicted.

• In a game like this where only the account ID is unique, anyone could copy another person's character name and pose as them. That could cause issues.

• Context is key, and most name shaming I see doesn't even provide evidence, just here-say.

That said, when you have situations where an individual (or a group of individuals) are actively causing problems and being exceedingly malicious, I am not opposed to outing them. But the evidence/proof has to be there, and it needs to be bad enough to warrant the outing. That doesn't happen as often as some people think it does though.

@Ciel said in Who else has noticed an influx of toxic people?:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed The way I see it with name shaming, there are several reasons not to do it.

• They could learn from their mistakes and change. However, people tend to view others in a two-dimensional way, so it doesn't matter how much the person changed, all they see is what they did in the past. It's one of the issues some criminals face once they get out of jail. It's possible the person really did change and want to lead an honest life, but society only sees that they were convicted.

• In a game like this where only the account ID is unique, anyone could copy another person's character name and pose as them. That could cause issues.

• Context is key, and most name shaming I see doesn't even provide evidence, just here-say.

That said, when you have situations where an individual (or a group of individuals) are actively causing problems and being exceedingly malicious, I am not opposed to outing them. But the evidence/proof has to be there, and it needs to be bad enough to warrant the outing. That doesn't happen as often as some people think it does though.

If Sega has already decided to ban you I assume they have evidence. I'd personally be fine with just seeing account IDs as well.

For this instance? I probably wouldn't care so much about someone saying something like that and I doubt Sega cares when we have such a huge bot problem so the best they probably could of done is blacklist sadly.

Name-and-shame, also known as witch-hunting, is often banned because it has been used to harass and cause real world stress or even endangerment to otherwise innocent players before.

Influx of toxic players when it kinda seems like you were toxic as well.

No, not really.

All you snowflakes need thicker skin.

@Z-Gradt said in Who else has noticed an influx of toxic people?:

No, not really.

All you snowflakes need thicker skin.

Nice fresh account you have there.