So Easy to Bypass Bans

@Zizel said in So Easy to Bypass Bans:

Alot of the bans have been targeted at users who have been going into the censorship topics and calling everyone the P-Word. But now I wonder if its just one really.. really pissed off guy who just keeps coming back with a new account to continue where he left off lol.

I think they are multiple people, and I don't see them all as trolls. Either that or I suck at defining people's motives. Still, some just sounded more like desperate and angry at seeing what they felt was complacence in others in favor of content they themselves saw as offensive.

@Zizel I'm sure there's some alts in on it, but I think the majority just enjoys arguing and it's one hell of an argument lol

@Zizel said in So Easy to Bypass Bans:

the P-Word.

Those darn pizzas.

@Ephemiel lmao That's still really close when you think about it.

@GM-Deynger Can an indication on whether a ban is permanent or not be added when you login please? There's absolutely no way of knowing otherwise. If the first ban is permanent can it please be changed to 1 chance given before permanent? Every other forum has this and the first is usually a 1-2 week ban depending on severity.

@GM-Deynger said in So Easy to Bypass Bans:

Being civil to people on the forums is required, regardless of their opinion. You are free to disagree with it, but toxic or inflammatory language is against our forum policy. Being civil does not mean you or anyone condones the action, it is just manners.

There are ways to express yourself that do not include curse words, FYI.

Okay but here's a question: Why is it that curse words seem to be the limit of your definition of civility? section removed

Quite comedic - but I assume you get the gist of it I'm certain. You might also recognize it in action in this very forums when one party presents their heinous beliefs as being absolutely fine and rational, but those who disagree are simply being mean spirited, harassing trolls. This has led to what I believe is craig's issue at hand, here. In a previous topic a poster expressed transphobic beliefs and doubled down on them - sparking some rather justified irritation from the user in question who was promptly banned for saying "toxic or inflammatory language".

Some time after that the transphobic user was, too. His ban, however, was completely temporary and he was allowed to return to the forums within a day. Craig was not unbanned in a similar manner. You have, perhaps unknowingly, set a precedent wherein hate speech is weighted less in terms of punishment than calling someone a naughty word. In fact - people can admit to being pedophiles on this very forum, but calling them earns you more of a punishment than the person who openly admits a sexual attraction to minors.

I bring this up not to question you, as a person, your morals or your ethics - or even your job as the GM on these forums. But rather what appears to be a forum-wide question of how and why the rules are enforced and who they're enforced upon, and why. If it's a question of toxic behavior and inflammatory language; why aren't all posts that insult and harass other users given as much weight as the ones that use curse words? Why aren't harassing private messages given any kind of attention at all - in fact why isn't there any way to report someone who sends you a private message on these forums - and why have you allowed an entire subculture to grow on these forums wherein people are publicly blacklisted and openly mocked from behind that block and their forums enemies get to brag about reporting them and their subsequent punishments.

You talk about not wanting toxicity on these forums but in your effort to take out the bad man who said bad words you've completely ignored the most toxic elements of these forums and gone above and beyond to protect them and look past their actions and offenses. That's pretty messed up, dawg. It's also incredibly unfair.

Imagine getting banned because you threw around a couple curse words, but god forbid taking any action against the multiple threads that pop up in an attempt to "farm replies" or whatever BS they've spewed before.

@Nuebot Matt didn't try to circumvent the ban by making an alt account. Matt also apologized for his behavior, both on these very forums, and supposedly on Twitter.

Craig demanded an apology from a mod, after circumventing his ban, and had spent the entire duration on his alt account, doing the exact same things he was banned for in the first place. No apology for his behavior, and that is why he was banned a second time. It's clear as day.

Edit: Also, that whole meme, is a bad analogy to your argument. Hitler was known to be very irate in many, if not all of his recorded speeches, in an inverse of that meme. Considering he was into eugenics, and believed in a master race, the dude was bat sh*it crazy, and again, can't be used to reference those you are arguing against, as it doesn't prove any of your earlier points on the other threads.

If your only arguing point, is a thinly veiled comparison of the anti-censorship crowd, or the GM's, being Neo Nazi's, you have already lost the argument.

@Nuebot said in So Easy to Bypass Bans:

@GM-Deynger said in So Easy to Bypass Bans: people can admit to being pedophiles on this very forum, but calling them earns you more of a punishment than the person who openly admits a sexual attraction to minors.

i have never seen once that luna admitted shes being a pedophile....and yet said person claimed it several times - saying things like ""i have no tolerance for people like you that want to masturbate to children" .... i mean hello? is that how you treat a lady whos been civil 24/7 on forum? never outraged - never insulted somebody or accused real life things off people?

@Anarchy-Marine said in So Easy to Bypass Bans:

If your only arguing point, is a thinly veiled comparison of the anti-censorship crowd, or the GM's, being Neo Nazi's, you have already lost the argument.

It's actually not comparing anyone to literal nazis, which you would understand if you'd actually read what was being said instead of picking out one key word or point and imagining the rest in your head. A point that you seem to continually fail at.

which you would understand if you'd actually read what was being said instead of picking out one key word or point and imagining the rest in your head. A point that you seem to continually fail at.

i wish those who accuse others of pedopilia on forum would actually read and stop imagining everything in their head

4d9b9153-b408-430e-85d1-3c97f604b2c6-image.png

i dont see how this game shows pre pubescent children anywhere....i dont see how creating a small character makes it automatically a pre pubescent children - unless thats what the viewer of it imagines in his head....and if he does i would start to worry about him - not the person who created the short character in the first place

i doubt anybody on here has a doctor title and is entitled to attest pedophilia on others - accusing someone of it without any real reasons other than "wanting to create a short character" or "wanting to have the censorship of a scene thats supposed to be funny in the east lifted" is actually against law in germany i dont know about other countries...the accusation of pedophilia on innocent people and spreading lies about somebody on official sites (like this forum) can result in up to 5 years jail....not even joking

@Nuebot Neo Nazi's aren't literal Nazi's, because literal Nazi's are either dead, or in nursing homes for the elderly. Neo Nazi's are akin to, but are just wannabes, play acting. Cowards that are worth nobodies time. My point is that I just got you to out yourself. Your one of those Twitter trolls that call anyone you lose an argument with, a literal Nazi, because logic and reason, is something you can't best in a normal conversation. You and a Craig, plus a few others on here, remind me of the very out of reality people I see post on Twitter, that form a lynch mob against everything you deem problematic. It lines right up with that Echo chamber account, being created after I made the comparison to the people that cried foul on Uzaki-chan.

That's all I see you as at any rate, an evolved form of the cancel culture trolls on Twitter. Craig was the classic embodiment, etc. I've only seen two people on the other side of this argument, actually use logic and reason, and those people agreed to disagree. They never attacked, or tried to make derogatory, or defamatory statements about someone that they never even met in real life. Could I be wrong with the way I see You? Sure, but when you defend someone like Craig, and carry yourself in such a manner that you do, as you see us as horrible people, I see you in the same light.

@JuggernautGTX What did that partial quote, in response to me, have to do with your point? No you've managed to lose even me. Nubot was referencing something I said.

Edit: Nevermind. I had to slow down a second, and re-read that to understand.

@Anarchy-Marine " if you'd actually read what was being said instead of picking out one key word or point and imagining the rest in your head. A point that you seem to continually fail at."

i liked that quote cause it describes perfectly how some of the people on forum "fail at" because they use others words - twist them - and imagine the rest themselfs....making out of harmless girl who just wants to create a cute short character a pedophile for example

@Anarchy-Marine said in So Easy to Bypass Bans:

Your one of those Twitter trolls that call anyone you lose an argument with, a literal Nazi, because logic and reason, is something you can't best in a normal conversation.

It's actually not comparing anyone to literal nazis, which you would understand if you'd actually read what was being said instead of picking out one key word or point and imagining the rest in your head. A point that you seem to continually fail at.

It's amazing, really.

Incidentally it's actually kind of amazing that both of you came in, at the same time, and started this sudden and furious posting - because I specifically did not name names in my post or accuse specific posters of anything because my post was not about specific posters nor did I go above and beyond to expressly name and shame anyone; something you certainly seem to revel in. Your desire to play the perpetual martyrs while also continually being on the offensive is funny.