So Easy to Bypass Bans

Just a heads up GMs, it's super easy to bypass a ban on forums, maybe you should take this platform more seriously if you want to censor people's opinions here.

I wouldn't call it censoring opinions.

I do agree that bans are rather easy to bypass as it seems like it is only an account ban and not an IP ban. Sure it is not difficult to spoof your IP, but it is still more hoops to jump through.

On another note: this should probably in the forum suggestion section.

Don't tell the Meseta bots, imagine that spam here too.

@Archetype-Luna said in So Easy to Bypass Bans:

I wouldn't call it censoring opinions.

I do agree that bans are rather easy to bypass as it seems like it is only an account ban and not an IP ban. Sure it is not difficult to spoof your IP, but it is still more hoops to jump through.

On another note: this should probably in the forum suggestion section.

Guess it's my bad on that one, but yeah the bans on forums is a joke. Now imagine if this forum had the issue of spam bots, wew lad.

I would love it if they flooded the forums. It'd be hilarious, and maybe make the team take it more seriously.

After waiting a week for a response to see if my account was only temp banned like a certain other person with no reply, I just logged in with my steam account instead with 0 hassle (I found about this a day after my ban, but was willing to be respectful enough to wait a week for a response before trying to post).

Also if you take a look around, it looks like the GM's haven't posted anything for a week now and have banned maybe one other person in the meantime I think? Sounds like some of them may have gotten the boot after how they handled the thread I got banned in. (Banning someone for cursing out another user for making transphobic remarks is a bad look it turns out!)

@IAMCRAIG-0 In the past week I have seen at least four people getting banned.

Too bad they would just repeat the same stuff over and over. There's. A video on YouTube you guys should look up called " a girl talk to me." It goes from zero to 100 really quick, as its about a different kind of spam bot, and I'd love to be able to do what's done in said video, to a meseta spam bot. At least It'd be entertaining.

Well they could just ban your game account instead for evading a forum ban. Think about the consequences before you go getting around bans.

I mean it is kind of easy to bypass both. It is a F2P game after all. Not a whole lot they can do and or will be willing to do.

Just look at our bot problem, the community is pretty much fine with it at this point. Any threads that are made trying to discuss the issue just get met with "Just blacklist xDD"

@Valinda said in So Easy to Bypass Bans:

Well they could just ban your game account instead for evading a forum ban. Think about the consequences before you go getting around bans.

"Oh no, not my F2P account. It's not like I can't just make/buy another account instead..."

Try again.

@JPSE13 Well if they spent a large amount of time and/or money on their account, having it be permanently banned would hurt.

Though, that may make it so that people don't use their main account to post on the forum.

Really, an IP ban is likely an appropriate action so that it forces them to at least jump through a hoop before getting back. It may prove troublesome enough to some that they may not even try.

Track the meseta... ban the people purchasing it. After a while the rest should take care of itself.

@Teufel666 "Just a heads up GMs, it's super easy to bypass a ban on forums, maybe you should take this platform more seriously if you want to censor people's opinions here."

thread is mainly about people who have previously been banned and simply create a new account on forum to spam civil threads or discussions mostly with nonsense they dont believe in themselfs just to bait people into even more nonsense discussions (as you can never win against a troll) and personal attacks against other users - only to get the thread locked...to my suprise these already banned people with their newly created accounts can freely assault their targets - and still after days of reporting them no action is being taken..and even if they are being banned again at some point - they are just coming back with another account

I am afraid the game and forum are easy to bypass bans while SEGA has access to your Hardware ID and IP address alongside your logged in ID it is down to them to enforce a tougher ban on people that can't be bypassed easily.