Mother's NA drop records show terrible drop rates; even compared to initial JP records

I will just enjoy PSO2Jp and all the new content until PSO2NA reaches EP6, feels like a waste to do otherwise.

The drop rate is way too low. Just like it was in PSO1

@IfrianMMO said in Mother's NA drop records show terrible drop rates; even compared to initial JP records:

I will just enjoy PSO2Jp and all the new content until PSO2NA reaches EP6, feels like a waste to do otherwise.

Please do that.

@Ephemiel said in Mother's NA drop records show terrible drop rates; even compared to initial JP records:

@IfrianMMO said in Mother's NA drop records show terrible drop rates; even compared to initial JP records:

Please do that.

Can you go with him?

@Ki-Rin said in Mother's NA drop records show terrible drop rates; even compared to initial JP records:

@Ephemiel said in Mother's NA drop records show terrible drop rates; even compared to initial JP records:

Please do that.

Can you go with him?

Why would i? I'm not the one crying about everything in the game. If you want to follow him however, that'd be nice.

Nobodies crying, people are pointing out that right now, grinding for 14* gear and units is a waste of time, serves no point at all.

@Ki-Rin said in Mother's NA drop records show terrible drop rates; even compared to initial JP records:

The drop rate is way too low. Just like it was in PSO1

The thing is in PSO1 and PSU, you had plenty of time to grind for gear updates without fear of them being obsolete anytime soon.

The drop rates ARE trash... I don't even bother listening to the lackluster rationale from people who are fine with players having terrible drop rates. Thanks for running numbers.

There's even a YouTuber who mentioned he's never actually had a nemesis drop and just bought everything.

It's frustrating because I love to do field runs because I love the gameplay. But .. 13s just don't drop. I got my first one in two months last week.. and I play daily. I try to have faith and do some urgent quests because they're awesome, but I never get anything in those at all since the first Vegas UQs.

Being forced to buy almost all of your weps Ina game of drops ... Well it sucks.

PS - old PS games weren't much better ... the grind was real but I'm less inclined to grind on games, even this one, because it's so darn time consuming and fury inducing.

Please do that.

Can you go with him?

Why would i? I'm not the one crying about everything in the game. If you want to follow him however, that'd be nice.

Considering in your last two threads i have actually agreed with you, that is a weird stance to take, but then again Astra will Astra and keep acting like Astra.

You are the literal definition of blind, you are so stuck up with your ideas that even when you are agreed with you still bite, weirdo with a hate boner for sure.

I'm happy know that I'm not imagining anything.

I'm sure that even a small drop rate increase can have a large effect on the entire player base, but at the same time without drops people get frustrated.

The thing that was really drastic to me is that going from 1 to 12 Stars is a nice ramp up and the game felt incredibly rewarding and it was always items to look forward to etc ....then the 13s come and you run into a brick wall, especially now after the 80 update. And yes again, the rare stuff in pso was brutal/near impossible without the hackers (fire vest, black king bar), as well as in PSU. Well ..

But there is nothing weirder than having no 13s drop ever and then look in the shop to see tons of them. I love the shop, but wow is it bonkers.

Then there are certain weapons that seem to be even more rare for no good reason, like yasminlov 4000f. It drops in a few regular field missions... but good lock of your not willing to drop tens of millions.

Lastly, I created a similar topic to this and PSO2 reddit, just to ASK about current drop rates, and...that is a mistake I'll never do again. Some true &$#-#@!s on there.

Consider this, I've been hunting for a Rappy Egg on PSO2 since May, its now September and still no drop for me, in fact in our entire alliance just 3 members have got lucky with the drop and this is with considerably 'try hard' effort too.

Shows that the drop rate is obnoxious, the problem with the rappy egg since you have a very limited window for even a drop....its dangerous for peoples health.

This was a problem even on the JP server and they finally gave everyone the rappy egg via a collection because people was literally getting sick trying so hard for it.

@Amari-Kigu I think the 13star Rappy Egg originally released as a raid boss drop in JP... from Deus Esca on XH? Though, I don't remember at all what the rates were. Probably as terrible as the 13star Egg in Mother.

I understand that people (including me) get frustrated over the droprates.

But i still think the rates shouldnt be altered just to make everyone happy. This is working as intended by Sega.

The game is designed like that, rares are actually rare. Its not ment to be, that every player gets the bis weapon he wants.

No offense here, but people who cant live with that are really playing the wrong type of game and should switch to something with easier gratification.

When mother first came out there was a file collection that had all of the Astra weapons included. I wonder why that was not done for this version. That might help to alleviate at least that people are not seeing the 13th Star drops

@Ezodagrom i stand corrected then. However, that still does not void my comments other parts.

@Scerms77 said in Mother's NA drop records show terrible drop rates; even compared to initial JP records:

I understand that people (including me) get frustrated over the droprates.

But i still think the rates shouldnt be altered just to make everyone happy. This is working as intended by Sega.

The game is designed like that, rares are actually rare. Its not ment to be, that every player gets the bis weapon he wants.

No offense here, but people who cant live with that are really playing the wrong type of game and should switch to something with easier gratification.

Your missing the point, the JP has more players meaning the market has alot more to offer, also has more frequent EQs than the NA server and the biggest point of all, you're playing on a hyper condensed server to content ratio. Sega released each episode on the JP server over the period of what, 8 years? Its been March and NA is on episode 4 with episode 5 coming out probably in 5 weeks time??

When Magatsu EQ first started, people was like ~ yeah new units and stuff, hardly anything dropped and people just used it as a cube generator, then Profound Darkness and once again, yeah!! New units and stuff...nothing dropped...but made the Magatsu stuff obsolete then comes Yamato and Mom....drop rate is non existent and now Ray Union etc is being released which is basically the next upgrade path that is actually obtainable...makes you wonder why they created an event for RB3 to drop like candy huh? Because lets face it, you're not going to get a complete set of Astral by the time episode 5 drops, which will make current content obsolete once again.

The NA server is basically on a non-stop train thats out of control to episode 6 and all drops and content is going to be unobtainable for 99.999% of all the current playerbase until episode 6. The problem is, JP server will be ready for all the new content but the NA server will not be, not by a long shot at the current drop rate ratio, especially if the drop rate comparions are showing an actual worse drop rate than the JP server, and trust me - if that is true, people are just going to either stop playing until Episode 6 or go back to the JP server.

Sega needs to do something here to keep the NA playerbase happy, if that means rewarding players at an increased rate until episode 6 then so be it, because the playerbase is shrinking each day - before PSO2 opened to steam, the servers were already getting quiet and then the initial new player boom has faded and the servers are losing players once again.

I think Sega opening server 4 was a bad idea, probably didn't take into account the influx of bots and see a huge increase in players when it was actually bot accounts.