Mother's NA drop records show terrible drop rates; even compared to initial JP records

@the-emcee There's a difference between instant gratification and dead content. This content will be rendered useless in a month. In half a year, none of these gear will even matter because everyone will prioritize ngs.

Nemesis/Slave is the true endgame at this point. It's nigh impossible to upgrade to anything else in the timespan the base game has remaining. So people will likely just quit at this point.

14* do not exist in ep4....thats a common known thing...would have been nice to have at least something to drop wich we can use to trade them in during ep4....but using the drop rates from jp doesn make sense in our rushed version....we are literally bound to nemesis till ep 5...14* probably have a 1/100000 rare drop chance and no i am not exaggerating cause this number actually comes close...i think its even a lower chance than that cause we probably dropped way over 500k rares so far....wich makes it none existant and will 100% not be changed even if we started to complain or make suggestions....we will get them in ep5 anyway...hopefully....if they removed even more trade ins then itll be a super sad ep 5

even doing this on XH without dying on the ride there, she still doesn't seem to drop much of anything, im confused to why

@coldreactive said in Mother's NA drop records show terrible drop rates; even compared to initial JP records:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Mother's NA drop records show terrible drop rates; even compared to initial JP records:

@Ephemiel said in Mother's NA drop records show terrible drop rates; even compared to initial JP records:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Mother's NA drop records show terrible drop rates; even compared to initial JP records:

I wonder why Sega doesn't release drop rates.....?

A lot of MMOs don't release drop rates, this isn't a Sega thing.

and a lot of other MMOs do? I don't see any reason why an MMO shouldn't release drop rates.

FFXIV doesn't. Neither does Guild Wars 2 nor The Elder Scrolls Online. All drop rates you might see on wikis/etc. are estimates based on datamines or 100 runs.

Datamines are way better than what we have right now, which is nothing. Why would it be a bad reason to release drop rates? If the rates are going to look so bad it turns players away that really isn't the fault of the player...

So the solution is to have more frequent runs then. PSO2NA should go back to the "EQ every 2 hours" schedule that jp had, now that its gone international they can't keep doing NA friendly eqs exclusively.

@Reilet Unless you're counting multi-ship players, JP had a total of 20 Mother EQs in the first week.

@the-emcee I agree I like the idea of extremely rare / hard to get items.

Datamines are way better than what we have right now, which is nothing

We might not have the rates, but we have an option to quite literally see what items have dropped for other players and how many. From my knowledge, no other game has something like that.

@the-emcee said in Mother's NA drop records show terrible drop rates; even compared to initial JP records:

@Amari-Kigu said in Mother's NA drop records show terrible drop rates; even compared to initial JP records:

@MisterJaySnek said in Mother's NA drop records show terrible drop rates; even compared to initial JP records:

Yeah astras were cool and decent and having what appears to be ~1/3 the chance to get one compared to JP (JP had collection sheets for them too what the heck NA devs!) Is a real downer.

It's going to sting even more for the next raid's weapons if it keeps this pattern, those are more useful.

And probably looking at EP6 probably around early Winter time so EP5 content will be obsolete too. I'm actually afraid NA version will lose a vast amount of its playerbase if the drop rate continues as is, I'll be honest - everyone who has played PSO2 previously knows all too well how unrewarding the game can be at times, its not unusual to go weeks without even a crappy 13* drop and most Western players are going to get bored far quicker than Asian players.

Remember, for Non-JP server players....PSO2 came out around 8 years ago, NA is getting 8 years worth of content in the space of a year or less, minus JP exclusive collabs like 7/11 and Lawson etc etc stuff, in a nutshell the drop rate does not scale with the rushing of content updates and needs to be significantly boosted, the current booster event doesn't do anything for drops especially for 14* content.

The problem is that Sega have always loved its fractions, look at the drop rate of certain things...its fractions of a % and here lies the problem.

Prime Example is FUN scratch.

Grinders on average have a 17.0616% drop rate....

11: Shock emote has a 0.4739% drop rate

The difference between pulling tickets is simple, you can do it anytime - almost unlimited in pulls. Drop rate of gear for EQs is limited significantly and with an equally poor fraction of a % drop rate...its not a surprise that hardly anyone is getting drops, the question is, how will Sega respond?

The fact there are insanely rare drops is a part of PSO heritage. If you had played the older games, you would see that they had severely low drop chances for rares. The reason? They wanted it to feel prestigious to have a Spread Needle or Lavis Cannon.

PSO2 lacks most of that reason to play long term. If you can get everything through badges and exchanges then what is the point, just to have the best stuff straight away and nothing to hope for in drops.

Your post is an example of the problem with gamers of today. Everything is instant gratification. Sonic Team had a great idea of how prestigious it would feel to have rare weapons to show off, but it was ruined by the Gameshark users and duping. We need MORE of these hard to obtain weapons and not less FFS.

I have played all the PSO series, the problem isn't instant gratification this time. Its due to the speed of content being pushed out that makes those rares essentially obsolete in significantly less time, each episode on the JP server took years to drop so you had literally years to grind for those drops but on the NA server you have months before they become obsolete and considering the drop rate being the worse, yeah its kinder pointless and effective to have the drop rate this bad for rushed content updates.

The other 14 star weapons have confirmed to be dropped. It took the whole week to get records of them. This reminds me of when Psycho Wand had impossible rates on PSO2JP when Elder first released... pso20200831_160014_001.png

@Jay6x The 12☆ and 14☆ weapons indeed got comparable treatments in PSO2.

As with the initial wave of 14☆ weapons, the first batch of 12☆ weapons were also 'impossible' to get. I remember staring at Dark Falz Elder's Quest logs for months thinking: "One day I am gonna get you Ely-Sion." (The 12☆ Sword, not to be confused with the 11☆ Wand.) Of course that never happened until 12☆ weapons were dropping frequently.

And exactly like 12☆ weapons. As soon as 14☆ weapons were dropping frequently,15☆ weapons were right around the corner or already introduced. (The same scenario with 12☆ weapons when 13☆ weapons arrived.)

Both never got their time to (truly) settle/shine with the mass audience. Only a handful of players got to enjoy 12☆ and or 14☆ weapons during their prime. (Thankfully I was destined to wield a Lavis Cannon during its heyday, Yamato CHOSE me. Oh did I make a lot of players jealous, that was the time I learned not to announce my drops to others any longer even when/if they asked.)

The phrase: "14☆ weapons got the same treatment as 12☆ weapons did." is well known.

@ErinXh Yeah, for the most part, I had to settle with using an Elder Rod, since I had that drop somehow. I ended up getting the 11star wand, Elysion, at some point as well, and I remember that being a quite a rarity.

... It's still weird those weapons aren't in PSO2NA because those were OT weapons. Yet they decided to keep Elder Rifle for whatever reason, and give that a buff.

The biggest concern I have is the lack of rewards once you hit the level cap is going to drive people away once they realize end game in PSO2 is essentially min/maxing and fashion, and min/maxing is a real pain in the behind with significant RNG factors even with that and lets be honest, this has always been the problem with PSO, PSU and PSO2 with a significant lack of a proper end game and a really poor progression system thats based on very low odds.

I see it happening each time I log on, fewer and fewer people playing and all signs point towards a repeat of SEA server unless Sega figures out the NA market and JP market are entirely different and need adjust things accordingly. JP server, players are willing to grind the same content for years in order to get that one elusive drop and claim victory over the odds...NA server....eh not so much, players have far shorter attention spans and will move onto something that's more gratifying in the short term.

Case and point, in PSO2 running with 1000% RDR it is still entirely possible to go entire month, perhaps even longer without even seeing a 13* drop, its very very possible in fact. So imagine people playing 5 - 12 hours per day, 7 days a week for an entire month and still not getting drops? Yeah, thats when people start thinking about playing something else that might reward their time better.

JP server has pretty much constant collabs to distract players from the god awful RNG grind, near constant EQs and if no events going on, almost always triggers are being popped. NA server people are getting wise to the bad drop rate, seeing the lack of any reasonable progression and are quitting.

If I'm being brutally honest, with the present drop rate and rate of updates being so one-sided I think to prevent burnout, its probably just a good idea to ignore all EQs, level characters to the cap and then take a break until next episode drops rinse and repeat until Episode 6 if Sega are not going to address the situation.

@Amari-Kigu

I agree with your assessment, and have noticed others basically doing what you say people “should” do. When episode 4 released there was an influx of people becoming active and leveling up their main classes. Afterwards, and with knowledge that none of the content provided reasonably gained them anything that another round of Profound Darkness UQs wouldn’t, they within a period of 1-3 weeks are now basically inactive. PSO2 has a long-standing endgame issue, where content does not organically promote the kinds of things you would need to keep a player base around. It’s all dailies and weeklies. Log in, complete your daily quests, do whatever weekly/event related things need to get done, get out.

All of the end game content fails on one or both of two categories:

• It’s too easy in a group. -The rewards do not match up with time spent.

UQs in general fail the first test. Past SH Luther I have never felt at risk of losing at a UQ, nor have I felt extremely impactful in the end result. It’s a matter of mashing my keyboard until the thing dies, then grinding all the items into Excubes for some unidentified later project. The rewards are there, but I don’t learn anything. There’s no feeling of satisfaction, nor is there an obvious goal in running the instance. It’s a matter of making the number next to my meseta pool and excube pool go up.

Ultimate quests fail the later, although they also have issues where going AFK in an instance would basically not change anything. It makes very little sense to me to grind any of the quests at this point after obtaining a Ray set from the 4th of July events and purchasing a nemesis weapon from the player shop. The rewards are so far out on RNG, the gameplay is taxing on the mind and fingers to contribute, and the eventual use of the items will be, once again, to make the numbers go up in my meseta pool.

@BronzeAgeBrain said in Mother's NA drop records show terrible drop rates; even compared to initial JP records:

@Amari-Kigu

I agree with your assessment, and have noticed others basically doing what you say people “should” do. When episode 4 released there was an influx of people becoming active and leveling up their main classes. Afterwards, and with knowledge that none of the content provided reasonably gained them anything that another round of Profound Darkness UQs wouldn’t, they within a period of 1-3 weeks are now basically inactive. PSO2 has a long-standing endgame issue, where content does not organically promote the kinds of things you would need to keep a player base around. It’s all dailies and weeklies. Log in, complete your daily quests, do whatever weekly/event related things need to get done, get out.

All of the end game content fails on one or both of two categories:

• It’s too easy in a group. -The rewards do not match up with time spent.

UQs in general fail the first test. Past SH Luther I have never felt at risk of losing at a UQ, nor have I felt extremely impactful in the end result. It’s a matter of mashing my keyboard until the thing dies, then grinding all the items into Excubes for some unidentified later project. The rewards are there, but I don’t learn anything. There’s no feeling of satisfaction, nor is there an obvious goal in running the instance. It’s a matter of making the number next to my meseta pool and excube pool go up.

Ultimate quests fail the later, although they also have issues where going AFK in an instance would basically not change anything. It makes very little sense to me to grind any of the quests at this point after obtaining a Ray set from the 4th of July events and purchasing a nemesis weapon from the player shop. The rewards are so far out on RNG, the gameplay is taxing on the mind and fingers to contribute, and the eventual use of the items will be, once again, to make the numbers go up in my meseta pool.

+1 Pretty accurate assessment, and the problem is that outside of events getting sets like ray was a big chore in itself, people who grinded for weeks to get RB2s suddenly got given thousands during 4th July event and made that entire process meaningless, and once again another event with RB3s dropping like candy so new players who joined in Steam now can get ray sets very easily. Now, that part I can agree with because Union is about to come out so the the next upgrade process begins, but again ~ its going to offer no satisfaction because the drop rate on better gear like Astral is non-existent and in perhaps a months time, it'll be a moot point anyway.

So once again, it really loops right back to logging in to upgrade your characters to union and then going inactive until level 85 level cap increase and Hero classes. This really is a significant problem for Sega because the current playerbase who don't post of these forums are going to start asking questions about why upgrades are not dropping, they are going to start asking questions when the next content updates and sooner or later, they are all going to realize that grinding for something to be obsolete in a short space of time is essentially wasting their time, they'll go inactive. What happens to PSO2NA when a significant portion of the playerbase goes inactive?

Once again, I'll be honest~ It think at least a 500% RDR permanent boost needs be in place for the NA server until EP6 and the content catches up to the JP server. Even running with 1500% RDR isn't going to give you much better odds for 14* to drop but it should help with other stuff at least.

Sega essentially doesn't seem to understand how to manage the NA server effectively to keep the playerbase interested.