Just released Closed Beta Test Information

Huh, 92% of people who even have xboxes to take the survey plan to continue having xboxes.

@IndefinateArdem said in Just released Closed Beta Test Information:

Huh, 92% of people who even have xboxes to take the survey plan to continue having xboxes.

That's how it normally is. If they allowed people who didn't participate on the XBOX One CBT to take the survey, the results would have likely been very different with more planning to play on both and on PC, rather than XBOX One. That is just how limited capacity surveys like this are.

57% Male / 43% Female. I assume that the female characters will gain the upper hand eventually. But to experience at some point in my life that the male characters are in the majority, in PSO2! Truly shocking.

@ErinXh said in Just released Closed Beta Test Information:

Truly shocking.

I would guess default human male rapid pick en masse to to get to the lobby before the disconnects get you contributed.

57% Male / 43% Female. I assume that the female characters will gain the upper hand eventually. But to experience at some point in my life that the male characters are in the majority, in PSO2. Truly shocking.

Difference in cultures really. For some reason the Japanese make fictional characters and try to idolize them.

In the west you're just laughed at for trying that. Lot of guys I know rather play Male than Female characters.

@GamerKillance said in Just released Closed Beta Test Information:

Difference in cultures really. For some reason the Japanese make fictional characters and try to idolize them.

You would indeed expect it to be the difference in (gaming) culture, but that's not fully the case. In PSO2JP my friend list consists of 200 people, only around 60 of them are either Japanese or South East Asian players. The other 140 are western players, with the majority of them being from North America. At least 100 of the western players in my friend list, main a female character. (or used to main a female character, till they stopped playing.) Outside my friend list, I know that the majority of the western players in PSO2JP also main a female character.

Rational thinking, it is indeed true that we in the west do have a different gaming culture. (May I say a more 'macho' gaming culture?) But man, behind the scenes a ton of guys actually do like to play as/with female characters. (It probably depends on the game and or genre, assuming that the 'macho' culture/awareness is way higher in a Looter Shooter or First-Person Shooter. I have no doubt that in general, most of the created characters in a Looter Shooter are usually male. While the opposite seems to be true for a Fantasy RPG.)

@Havox3's point made me laugh, but his argument is quite valid. Some people just wanted to access the CBT as quickly as possible. To make full use of the limited time, 'playing' rather than spending hours on creating a (perhaps dummy) character. So they went with the default pick of the Human Male. A couple probably went in with the thought of "I'll create my 'perfect' character later on."

When PSO2NA officially launches, people will have the time to create their 'main' character. So I have no doubt that the female character population will get the upper hand in due time.

It also doesn't help when Sega tends to create more female outfits than male outfits, and I don't think this will change for PSO2NA. Stimulating the creation of more female characters.

And not only 'new' players, but eventually veteran players will bite in as well. The process always starts like this: "Hmm, I got this male character, but this new female outfit looks good as well. Let me make a female character and see how it fits her." And before you know it, the person starts playing with his/her female character more often to one day fully becoming his/her main.

But I will give you this @GamerKillance, unlike the 30% Male / 70% Female ratio in PSO2JP. (Feels more like 20%/80% to me.) PSO2NA will be a bit more balanced. (I think PSO2NA will stabilize around a ratio of 40% Male / 60% Female.)

The Xbox is probably bringing in more folks that aren't as nipponophile as the average pso* vets.

I have to agree on the point(s) about, well all games really, that the female avatars always have more/better outfits. Decent Reason to play females in games, even if you're not female at the keyboard.

57% Male / 43% Female. I assume that the female characters will gain the upper hand eventually. But to experience at some point in my life that the male characters are in the majority, in PSO2. Truly shocking.

I had to look at that again myself. It's like 80% female on JP

@redPG said in Just released Closed Beta Test Information:

I had to look at that again myself. It's like 80% female on JP

i would think it was even higher than that honestly. i feel like im the only male on the teleporter during EQ's the vast majority of the time.. and even then im a cast so i dont think i technically qualify.

Props to those 2