Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer

@IAMCRAIG-0 said in Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer:

@kztm said in Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer:

@IAMCRAIG-0 said in Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer:

I wouldn't. That would be re-selling us the same AC items again in less than a year.

Well I wouldn't hope for it, but that's what I expect to happen. They're in this to make a profit, after all.

Well, I can't control how you or anyone else spends their money, but I hope that if this does happen, enough people opt to keep their wallets shut to protest Sega doing such a thing.

You're still not comprehending me. Am I just bad at English?

I mean I don't like it, and I don't hope for it to happen. But the way SEGA is doing things, I fully expect, i.e. see, that that's what will happen.

You've been replying in a way as if I like it that way. No I don't. I hope now you can comprehend me properly.

@JuggernautGTX said in Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer:

and for those who still cannot read: Yes all of your fashion will transfer and be labled "PSO2" and can be used in PSO2 NG but you cannot mix PSO2 NG fashion parts with PSO2 labled fashion - and no your PSO2 fashion wont be "resold to be labled PSO2 NG" there will simply be NEW OUTFITS released in PSO2 NG wich you can freely use and have the new "moving fingers feature" wich PSO2 outfits do not have

You say it as if you've been saying that NGS and PSO2 cosmetics can't be worn at the same time ever since the first trailer release.

Come on, you can't not see there's a difference between "everything will carry over" versus "everything will carry over but you can't mix the two".

But you do you. If you feel superior by confusing the two ideas, then sure, continue to label those of us who can read between the lines and expect the unexpected pitfalls as "people who can't read".

@kztm you are clearly unable to read

i quoted this:

"The following list details the fashion items and registration information obtained in PSO2 that can be shared between PSO2 and PSO2:NGS.

*This includes all collaboration-related fashion items and registration information.

“Outerwear”, “Outfit”, “Body Parts”, “Arms Parts”, “Legs Parts” Ticket items and registered information for "Basewear", "Innerwear", "Body Paint", "Hairstyle", "Head Parts", "Accessory", "Emote", "Voice", "Makeup Pattern", "Stickers", "Eyebrows", "Eyelashes", "Eyes" and "Face Variants" It ALL transfers. Even weapon camos transfer, even stuff FROM NGS transfers to the normal PSO2."

and thats the thing i was talking about weeks ago after the trailer with its information released - the stuff i said after that is related to the new announcement and information - of course i didn know that myself and never claimed i knew it beforehand - only that all the stuff will transfer over

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer:

I'm more so nervous they are just going to re-sell us our cosmetics but these will be "NGS compatible"

I can see some of the old cosmetics being revamped for the new models and resold on NGS, but only the most popular ones, only a few of them, and none of the collab ones.

Something similar happened with layered wear, a few of the old outfits were converted and re-released as layered wear, but only very few of them.

@JuggernautGTX Yes that's great, but the real detail about it is that you cannot mix PSO2 and NGS wears. That's the kind of important detail that is new and never known.

Previous people like you have been chastising others who demand more concrete answers. Well now that we have them, we see that it doesn't end with the anticipated answers, but with strings attached.

So the demands for more answers were just as justified. Which makes this whole threat with the topic "Now you can FINALLY stop wondering" quite obnoxious.

Not only that, this topic quotes it and glosses over these very important details.

@Tri-Edge said in Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer:

If it's upgraded looks with a bit of redesign than depending on what it looks like

SEGA already clarified that they are not going to redesign old PSO2 fashion items. I'm not mad about it, I just don't understand why people keep saying that fashion is going to be redesigned when it's clearly won't be lol

@kztm said in Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer:

Previous people like you have been chastising others who demand more concrete answers.

you had those answers within the trailer - that everything except a few things carry over - wich is what i was refering to

also i mentioned in my reply that PSO2 labeled outfits cannot be used with NGs outfits together - wich is obviously way too difficult or too much work to do as we are having hundrets of different outfits/parts - i personally wont even use the older ones as i am more interested in the new outfits to come....wich happened in pso2 for 8 years...new things release and old things get dumped as people get more interested in the newer things anyway

if you are asking for old outfits to be "compatible" with the new NG fashion system then simply pay for it - request it to happen in suggestions - devs have to put work on that to create the old outfits new for NG - wich is bound to costs wich you as the customers who wants it to happen has to pay....thats how it works

@Ephemiel said in Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer:

@Ezodagrom said in Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer:

Are you saying not being able to mix them is a good thing?

They didn't have much of a choice, updating the old models to be compatible with the new models would just not be feasible due to the huge amount of cosmetics that were added over the years.

They really only had 2 realistic options.

• No mix and match between old and new models (which is what they're doing).
  • No body model upgrade, which would mean that old and new body cosmetics would be compatible, but that would result in stuff that is only possible in the new models wouldn't be possible in the end (like movable fingers, better quality outfits/cosmetics, and even the character's body model itself will likely have better quality when NGS cosmetics are equiped, since the Q&A mentions that the char's base physique changes depending if it's using PSO2 or NGS body cosmetics, the NGS body upgrade wouldn't be feasible without sacrificing mix and match compatibility).

I'm more so nervous they are just going to re-sell us our cosmetics but these will be "NGS compatible"

Don't know why you're instantly going to the worse-case scenario.

Because this is a F2P game and at the end of the day Sega and Microsoft are not our friends and they need to make a profit?

I'm not saying I want it to happen but it is definitely on the table now.

Not being able to mix and match PSO2 stuff and NGS stuff is a bit of a bummer. But I can live with it even if they do re-release fan favorite PSO2 stuff later on as NGS versions. It's a huge relief that my fashion will still exist. Because once NGS has a decent amount of content I really don't see myself going back to standard PSO2.

That is unless they decide to continue to give it content. But I don't think that will be the case.

I think this is all fine. It might be a shame you can't mix and match parts, or have a few missing features by using old cosmetics. In my honest opinion though it's likely as a lot of the model work/paints and so on, are built around the old models. Which will work very differently to the new ones as seen. That means the only answer from a dev stand point, is support two model types or remake everything. Which considering the cosmetics in PSO2, I don't think option 2 is a good idea for their time on developing NG.

I'd rather they focused on working on things like making the world interesting, creating new inventory systems, better alliance systems, UI's, a possibly more interesting story, better translations etc than remaking an entire catalogue of looks. They'll probably recreate similar style cosmetics in NG anyway. It might not be a HD remodelled for NG version, but they'll definitely re-use a lot of the styles or take inspiration from them.

so far there's very little of the layered fashion that I even like in the game, and some of the stuff I was interested in has already been and gone from the game, as for NG, im just going to wait and see what other news they bring us

The main reason new and old layering wear/parts are incompatible with each other is probably because each one needs to be updated and rerigged and there's so many things to cover that it's not worth it. The cost and manpower needed for that would likely be excessive and riddled with errors trying to force the time crunch.

The dev seems not to be very interested in announcing the number of items currently available so it's hard to guess. But the fashion catalog of 2018-2019 shows about 3,000 items (https://www.kadokawa.co.jp/product/321907000582/). This volume mainly shows EP6 items. Fashion Catalog 2017-2018 featuring EP5 items (https://www.kadokawa.co.jp/product/321808000611/) lists about 3,000, Fashion Catalog 2016-2017 for EP4 (https://www.kadokawa.co.jp/product/321705000110/) lists about 2.600.

And as you know, they are still adding tons of items on EP6. I fear what the total count of EP6 will be 😁

@Fiona-Respha Jeez, then yeah I'm pretty sure that's the main reason lol I'd rather be thrown in lava than have to rig all of that before launch.

Just to make it sure, speaking from the pages (400+) of 2018-2019 version catalog, it's most likely that they are counting color variations as different items. So we can guess that they can group such color variation as one work of upgrading. But even standing on such viewpoint, the number of items looks enormous.