Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed more than likely there won't be much re-fitted NGS skins from pso2. Maybe a few upgrades outfits designed differently which would be a pretty nice thing.

It would only be bad if the only change was NGS remake outfits were compatible with other NGS clothes.

What's with people now giving only half the information?

Yes they transfer over, BUT

• You can't wear NGS wearables with PSO2 wearables at the same time.
  • Your fingers won't move when you wear PSO2 wearables.
  • All NGS wearables will have better graphics.

So it's not a full transfer over, it's just compatibility subject to a set of rules. Anyone worried enough about fashion will see these limitations as severe limitations.

There is the possibility of them eventually updating outfits as time goes on.

I do admit that the limitations do put a bit of a downer on PSO2 cosmetics. I will likely focus a bit less on outfits and layered wear and more on things like emotes, accessories, and hair styles, personally.

If anything, I expect updated PSO2 cosmetics to come out as filler for new NGS AC scratches. Or even just full PSO2-update scratches that consist only of those most wanted PSO2 cosmetics updated to NGS standards. I for one would be willing to go for that kind of Scratch.

But yeah, my cosmetics investments are now going to shift towards using them in PSO2 instead of preparing for NGS. It's probably best to approach NGS as a fresh start, wearing the NGS rookie outfits, instead of expecting to go in fully pimped.

I never thought there would be a day in which I would agree with Astra but you guys are being downright ridiculous and unreasonable at this point.

You can bring all of your fashion and items to New Genesis, which is something no other MMO had ever done and still you are not satisfied

Now you are upset because you cannot mix and match pso2 costumes with parts of New Genesis costumes, are you guys even real right now?

Of course they are not compatible, what ever made you think they would be?

If you knew even a little of programming and 3d sculpting and animating you would know how absurd it is to demand they both work in tandem.

You should be celebrating that all of your fashion and costly items will be there to be used and instead you find a way to keep being upset.

They literally did something no other dev has ever done and still you are angry.

@kztm said in Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer:

If anything, I expect updated PSO2 cosmetics to come out as filler for new NGS AC scratches. Or even just full PSO2-update scratches that consist only of those most wanted PSO2 cosmetics updated to NGS standards. I for one would be willing to go for that kind of Scratch.

I wouldn't. That would be re-selling us the same AC items again in less than a year.

Sega currently is currently earning a significant amount of money on re-releasing 8 year old content to us, having spent the minimum they could get away with on localization and translation outside of voice acting, which somehow manages to be decent for the most part, though with strange voice direction at times.

It is very likely that a lot of these costs were subsidized with their initial deal with Microsoft as well in order to make it a timed exclusive. This was during the first two months of the PC release in spite of the plague of errors that stemmed from the Microsoft store.

Then add in that there have been news sites that have pointed out sega making record profits due to PSO2 coming to NA and there is 0 reason for them to not get some extra hands to work on converting all older outfits to properly work in NGS and be compatible with NGS cosmetics.

@IfrianMMO

If it's the same client, which seems to be the case since you can "jump" from pso2 < > NGS, then NGS is just a facelift using the same engine. I can understand cast players being annoyed.

@CacodemoN said in Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer:

@IfrianMMO

If it's the same client, which seems to be the case since you can "jump" from pso2 < > NGS, then NGS is just a facelift using the same engine. I can understand cast players being annoyed.

It is not the same engine.

They will update and upgrade pso2 to work with the new one to keep that compatibility and interaction.

Honestly, I think that changes will still made, The information given is just a base, at least that what I think, Things are gonna change. What exactly are those changes? Well, we are just gonna have to wait and see. Personally it wouldn't matter to me, I would still spend money to get the outfits and variants that I want.

@IfrianMMO I think you're mixing up people again, but that's common in online forums.

I'm not upset over what the arrangement is. However, I am not happy with how many of you keep ridiculing us claiming that everything obviously will be transferrable and compatible. Go dig up some back comments on this topic and you'll see several people like that.

And the result? No they are not compatible. And let's leave it at that.

I'm not upset that they're not compatible. Before the additional announcement, we were trying to get official answers like these, while other forum posters were annoyed and calling us ridiculous (or something along those lines) for demanding answers.

Well now our questions are proven to be justified, and we are fine with that. Now we're just having a discussion about what would happen, and sharing our thoughts on that new answer, and you want to come jump in here calling us "rediculous and unreasonable"?

Calm down and reread your own comment in the context of our comments and you'll realize that you are the one being ridiculous and unreasonable about people just sharing thoughts.

If pointing out limitations is being upset, then you need to recalibrate how you read comments. Just because we're not all hailing the new glorious NGS doesn't mean we're upset. The world isn't just black and white. We can be neutral as well.

@IAMCRAIG-0 said in Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer:

I wouldn't. That would be re-selling us the same AC items again in less than a year.

Well I wouldn't hope for it, but that's what I expect to happen. They're in this to make a profit, after all.

@IAMCRAIG-0 said in Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer:

Well I wouldn't hope for it, but that's what I expect to happen. They're in this to make a profit, after all.

Well, I can't control how you or anyone else spends their money, but I hope that if this does happen, enough people opt to keep their wallets shut to protest Sega doing such a thing.

Well, I can't control how you or anyone else spends their money, but I hope that if this does happen, enough people opt to keep their wallets shut to protest Sega doing such a thing.

Im not sure about that, the option to transfer certain things is ok with me, and I don't see nothing wrong with buying more. I mean, after all every character has to start at 01, right? So yeah, I'm looking forward to it.

If it's just "NGS compatible duplicates of pso2" then yeah not getting a dime from me. If it's upgraded looks with a bit of redesign than depending on what it looks like, I have no issue buying it. Hopefully fingers crossed that we don't have to go through that and instead with their New NGS, they'll bring new designs

@Ephemiel said in Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer:

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/pso2ngsinformation

The following list details the fashion items and registration information obtained in PSO2 that can be shared between PSO2 and PSO2:NGS.

*This includes all collaboration-related fashion items and registration information.

“Outerwear”, “Outfit”, “Body Parts”, “Arms Parts”, “Legs Parts”
Ticket items and registered information for "Basewear", "Innerwear", "Body Paint", "Hairstyle", "Head Parts", "Accessory", "Emote", "Voice", "Makeup Pattern", "Stickers", "Eyebrows", "Eyelashes", "Eyes" and "Face Variants"

It ALL transfers. Even weapon camos transfer, even stuff FROM NGS transfers to the normal PSO2.

and i talked about since the day after the trailer released - got trolled on several times by 1-2 people - i can be quoted at least 10+ times that i stated this from the beginning but people refused to read weeks ago

and for those who still cannot read:

Yes all of your fashion will transfer and be labled "PSO2" and can be used in PSO2 NG but you cannot mix PSO2 NG fashion parts with PSO2 labled fashion - and no your PSO2 fashion wont be "resold to be labled PSO2 NG" there will simply be NEW OUTFITS released in PSO2 NG wich you can freely use and have the new "moving fingers feature" wich PSO2 outfits do not have

so basically this works even way better than i imagined - we have the full storage expansion in PSO2 NG - the storage is being shared - premium is being shared between both versions - and we can as simply as "moving blocks" move to the "new part of the game" and nothing changes fur us - except for the inventory items as the character inventory from PSO2 will stay the same when you "switch blocks - or more like switch games" and will just be replaced by the NG inventory....this is awesome and well thought through...kudos to SEGA for this system i believe its a worlds first! and even more of a reason to keep playing pso2