Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer

So worst case scenario which I hope doesn't happen, they try and re-sell us our old cast parts / outfits as "NGS" upgrades that can mix-match with NG gear. For Example "Galpha legs" couldn't be mixed and matched with NGS stuff so in NGS they release "Galpha Legs NG"

Deep breath...YAY...that is all.

I am still confused about the actual main character. They said that before to use the new character customization you had to make a new character. Considering there is no character growth between worlds I am curious as to how the system will work. If items, accessories, basewear, etc are usable and character able, does that mean we can use everything from our character over or does it only count "account linked" items. (Sucks for the newer high value items we could only get 1 of) Mostly because from the start I didn't buy basewear twice to link, I bought just 1 for my main. But now how will that work for account linked items if you can't wear the same item between both games?

So are we able or not able to transfer our character or are we starting fresh and are out of luck if we didn't account link items.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer:

So worst case scenario which I hope doesn't happen, they try and re-sell us our old cast parts / outfits as "NGS" upgrades that can mix-match with NG gear. For Example "Galpha legs" couldn't be mixed and matched with NGS stuff so in NGS they release "Galpha Legs NG"

Remember that the material pass exists.

@Jamesmor said in Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer:

@HarmlessSyan that's the evolution of the mags what I want to know is if my extra mags will transfer too or not.

As HarmlessSyan has quoted, "Although Mags within PSO2: NGS do not affect your stats or aid you in battle," then we now know additional mag status do not function in NGS. So I guess, probably in NGS, we have only one mag with all evolution forms learned in PSO2 inherited.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer:

Are you saying not being able to mix them is a good thing?

They didn't have much of a choice, updating the old models to be compatible with the new models would just not be feasible due to the huge amount of cosmetics that were added over the years.

They really only had 2 realistic options.

• No mix and match between old and new models (which is what they're doing).
  • No body model upgrade, which would mean that old and new body cosmetics would be compatible, but that would result in stuff that is only possible in the new models wouldn't be possible in the end (like movable fingers, better quality outfits/cosmetics, and even the character's body model itself will likely have better quality when NGS cosmetics are equiped, since the Q&A mentions that the char's base physique changes depending if it's using PSO2 or NGS body cosmetics, the NGS body upgrade wouldn't be feasible without sacrificing mix and match compatibility).

Yeah Ezo said it best. Just glad to see stuff is transferring over. It's not the biggest deal that you can't mix match. You paid money for outfits in Pso2, not in NGS. Remember that these are essentially 2 different games. What they did is probably the most realistic best move by transferring fashion over but keeping them separated.

@Ezodagrom said in Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer:

They didn't have much of a choice, updating the old models to be compatible with the new models would just not be feasible due to the huge amount of cosmetics that were added over the years.

• No body model upgrade, which would mean that old and new body cosmetics would be compatible, but that would result in stuff that is only possible in the new models wouldn't be possible in the end (like movable fingers, better quality outfits/cosmetics, and even the character's body model itself will likely have better quality when NGS cosmetics are equiped, since the Q&A mentions that the char's base physique changes depending if it's using PSO2 or NGS body cosmetics, the NGS body upgrade wouldn't be feasible without sacrificing mix and match compatibility).

I'm more so nervous they are just going to re-sell us our cosmetics but these will be "NGS compatible"

My initial reaction was knee-jerk, but I still do feel upset that I cannot mix my current parts with whatever comes out in NGS.

That and I mean my earlier cynical take and what Gamers Op so seems like something that Sega would try at this point.

@IAMCRAIG-0 said in Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer:

My initial reaction was knee-jerk, but I still do feel upset that I cannot mix my current parts with whatever comes out in NGS.

That and I mean my earlier cynical take and what Gamers Op so seems like something that Sega would try at this point.

If the new system looks so much better we going to be using NG gear anyway. They should be able to do some amazing stuff even for casts.

@PhantasyStar369 said in Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer:

@IAMCRAIG-0 said in Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer:

If the new system looks so much better we going to be using NG gear anyway. They should be able to do some amazing stuff even for casts.

I really hope they do. My current cast gear just looks plain compared to the outfits.

The biggest surprise to me is that it's all in one client. I was expecting 2 different ones. The graphical update to PSO2 makes a lot more sense now though and it'll be more convenient.

@MagmaBlaze said in Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer:

@PhantasyStar369 said in Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer:

I really hope they do. My current cast gear just looks plain compared to the outfits.

You would be astounded at the things you can do to spruce up your cast's look, especially with accessories.

@Ezodagrom said in Now you can FINALLY stop wondering about NGS cosmetic transfer:

I'm more so nervous they are just going to re-sell us our cosmetics but these will be "NGS compatible"

Don't know why you're instantly going to the worse-case scenario.

You would be astounded at the things you can do to spruce up your cast's look, especially with accessories.

Oh I know. One of my casts has an autumn theme that is just gorgeous on her.