What do you play?

What do you guys think will be the most played class in NA on open beta launch ? I think the most class played will be Gunner.

Hunter, Fighter or Braver. Based on what I see streamers play. (until Hero comes out)

Personally going full TECH Focus Techter/Force.

Hunter, Braver, Ranger, Force

Then Hero will take over the game until everyone drops it for Phantom

I think Hunter will be the most used sub class for a lot of the newer players. Techter was actually very largely used in CBT on Ship 1, I played with quite a lot of them through out CBT.

As for Braver it wasn't actually used as much as Ranger, Force, and Fighters from what I saw personally.

summoner, because its dumb easy. even in open beta force and techer are pretty bad choices because you need the techs to make them awesome and so far we havent had the means to trade them to our friends.

@SpookyOh said in What do you play?:

Hunter, Fighter or Braver. Based on what I see streamers play. (until Hero comes out)

Force is a surprisingly bad subclass for Techter. Techter/Force is pretty much a weaker Force/Techter with a focus on support, unfortunately Force is very lacking when it comes to damage multiplier skills when used as a subclass when compared to the alternatives.

A Techter focused on techs, Fighter, Braver and Summoner are good subclasses for that, with Summoner being the easiest to use of the 3:

• TE/FI: Fighter has stances that boost damage from the front or from the back, so a TE/FI needs to be good at positioning.
  • TE/BR: Braver has a stance that boosts elemental weakness damage, so a TE/BR at its best depends on elemental weaknesses.
  • TE/SU: It has just general damage boosting skills without conditions, and an active skill that marks enemies, increasing damage done to them.

There's 2 more great subclasses for technic focused Techters, but it's unknown when these 2 will be added to the NA version, Phantom and Etoile.

• TE/PH: Thanks to a Phantom skill that makes technics charge time faster at the cost of damage, it's a very mobile combo, though this is a combo that works best when going with the hybrid approach (mixing melee and techs).
  • TE/ET: Highly defensive technic casting combo, thanks to Etoile skills that boost defenses alot and protects against knockbacks and flinching when standing still, the player can charge technics without being interrupted. The only downside of this combo is that one of Etoile's defensive skills makes all forms of healing recover only 1 HP except for items, in other words, the player can't use resta or megiverse for healing, only items.

Ahh I know people keep saying fighter and such.. but, I gotta stay true to my love! Light and Ice + buffs \o/ I don't mind if I am not the top dmg.

Ahh I know people keep saying fighter and such.. but, I gotta stay true to my love! Light and Ice + buffs \o/ I don't mind if I am not the top dmg.

It's not even about top damage, Force is just really lacking as a subclass in general, even though it's a pretty strong main class. Well, early on it's going to be fine though, enemies are really weak until lvl 75.

I used to play as Techter/Force in the JP servers years ago, so I understand wanting to use that combo, using techs + support, but in the end the other subclasses I mentioned can do the same thing as Techter/Force (techs + support) but better. x-x

@Ezodagrom said in What do you play?:

Force is a surprisingly bad subclass for Techter. Techter/Force is pretty much a weaker Force/Techter with a focus on support, unfortunately Force is very lacking when it comes to damage multiplier skills when used as a subclass when compared to the alternatives.

A Techter focused on techs, Fighter, Braver and Summoner are good subclasses for that, with Summoner being the easiest to use of the 3:

• TE/FI: Fighter has stances that boost damage from the front or from the back, so a TE/FI needs to be good at positioning.
  • TE/BR: Braver has a stance that boosts elemental weakness damage, so a TE/BR at its best depends on elemental weaknesses.
  • TE/SU: It has just general damage boosting skills without conditions, and an active skill that marks enemies, increasing damage done to them.

There's 2 more great subclasses for technic focused Techters, but it's unknown when these 2 will be added to the NA version, Phantom and Etoile.

• TE/PH: Thanks to a Phantom skill that makes technics charge time faster at the cost of damage, it's a very mobile combo, though this is a combo that works best when going with the hybrid approach (mixing melee and techs).
  • TE/ET: Highly defensive technic casting combo, thanks to Etoile skills that boost defenses alot and protects against knockbacks and flinching when standing still, the player can charge technics without being interrupted. The only downside of this combo is that one of Etoile's defensive skills makes all forms of healing recover only 1 HP except for items, in other words, the player can't use resta or megiverse for healing, only items.

kind of pointless talking about classes that arent in the game yet.

@MEGAF1UX said in What do you play?:

Not really pointless, by being aware those subclass options will exist in the future, a player can make skill tree build and mag plans while already taking consideration those future options.

For example, let's say, a player would want to play as a Techter focused on technics, support and survivability/defense. By knowing that Etoile will be a great option for that in the future, they would be able to research and make plans now for what subclass option and mag builds would be better to make the transiton to Etoile easier once it releases (in the case of this example, Summoner subclass and a tech power focused mag would be viable for an easy transition into Etoile in the future).

@Ezodagrom said in What do you play?:

Not really pointless, by being aware those subclass options will exist in the future, a player can make skill tree build and mag plans while already taking consideration those future options.

For example, let's say, a player would want to play as a Techter focused on technics, support and survivability/defense. By knowing that Etoile will be a great option for that in the future, they would be able to research and make plans now for what subclass option and mag builds would be better to make the transiton to Etoile easier once it releases (in the case of this example, Summoner subclass and a tech power focused mag would be viable for an easy transition into Etoile in the future).

no.. EXACTLY pointless. what do you think they would use a striking mag as a force without knowing that someday (nobody knows when..) advanced classes will get added? or perhaps everyone should just wait until said classes are in the game? no. we have to work with what we HAVE, not what "someday" might be there.

it took us 8 years to get to this point in the future from when we were told it was "coming to north america", banking on the future where sega is concerned is a fools gambit.

no.. EXACTLY pointless. what do you think they would use a striking mag as a force without knowing that someday (nobody knows when..) advanced classes will get added? or perhaps everyone should just wait until said classes are in the game? no. we have to work with what we HAVE, not what "someday" might be there.

it took us 8 years to get to this point in the future from when we were told it was "coming to north america", banking on the future where sega is concerned is a fools gambit.

What are you even talking about? Using a striking mag as a force? I didn't say anything about striking mag. The advanced classes have mag conversion skills. Hero and Etoile convert any of the mag's ATK stats into all ATK stats, while Phantom converts the mag's DEX into all ATK stats.

Knowing about these classes now, if a player wants to play as TE/PH eventually but doesn't want to buy a new mag in the future, they could start preparing in advance by starting as a melee focused TE/BR using a DEX mag and then switch to TE/PH when phantom releases. Or if a player wants to go with TE/ET, they could start as technic focused TE/SU with a technic mag.

I really don't understand what's the problem in providing more information, it's not like I didn't include the classes that already exist in my original post (Fighter, Braver, Summoner).

@Ezodagrom said in What do you play?: "a player can make skill tree build and mag plans while already taking consideration those future options."

..the implication being that a player using a force would NEED to consider "future option" to know what kind of mag to use.

so USELESS! because even a simpleton would know that if they were using a force they wouldnt want a striking mag.

theres no point thinking about classes that arent there to use. dont assume i dont know how the advanced classes work, assume in VERY familiar with them. nomatter what you wouldnt want a striking mag while leveling a force (or techer).

some day we will use stem cells to repair damaged teeth.. by your logic that means everyone can stop brushing their teeth, because "in the future" it will be easy to fix them.

..the implication being that a player using a force would NEED to consider "future option" to know what kind of mag to use.

so USELESS! because even a simpleton would know that if they were using a force they wouldnt want a striking mag.

We were talking about techter, not force. Techter is both a melee and technic class, you know?

dont assume i dont know how the advanced classes work, assume in VERY familiar with them. nomatter what you wouldnt want a striking mag while leveling a force (or techer).

Well, you sure don't seem familiar with them, you keep talking about striking mags, but both hero and etoile can use pure technic mags thanks to their mag conversion skills, and phantom is best with a dex mag.

I'm moving between Techter, or Gunner. Never got to really try anything with the advanced classes. But Etoile looked maybe interesting~?