Character Deletion if not Playing?

I haven't played PSO2 since August 20th. I decided to take a little bit of a break from it because it was starting to not be enjoyable to play anymore. I was planning on going back to the game at the start of September. So will your character ever get deleted if you don't play the game for a long time? And if it will get deleted, does anybody know how long you're allowed to be away from the game before your character gets deleted?

Nope, your characters will be there for good :V

Good. 'Cause I've got WAY too much time and effort put into my character to let it get deleted. Thanks

I don't understand why do people think characters get deleted if you don't play for a while.

There are games that does that 😧

@Frost-Soar said in Character Deletion if not Playing?:

Like? I legit don't know nor have heard of games that do this on purpose.

The Ultima Online server I play does that to inactive accounts afaik

They were just asking a question, nbd. I'm glad to know our characters stay no matter what.

@Ephemiel said in Character Deletion if not Playing?:

@Frost-Soar said in Character Deletion if not Playing?:

Like? I legit don't know nor have heard of games that do this on purpose.

Final Fantasy XI used to do that. Now, however, your characters on that are kept indefinitely, so long as the character wasn't made with a free trial without buying a subscription.

@Ephemiel FFXI used to do this, Blizzard games like Diablo II used to do this, Ubisoft Uplay in their ToS says they may terminate your account if it's inactive for 6 months

I was gonna say that FFXI used to do this but I don't remember if that was true or not, I know that if you deleted a character, they used to be unable to recover it, but now they can. I don't think any modern era MMOs chuck inactive characters.

@twilight said in Character Deletion if not Playing?:

I was gonna say that FFXI used to do this but I don't remember if that was true or not, I know that if you deleted a character, they used to be unable to recover it, but now they can. I don't think any modern era MMOs chuck inactive characters.

FFXI did used to do that back towards the beginning in around 2002, I think. Their policy on that changed around the 2010s sometime. Most don't delete them anymore, unless maybe if you play on a private server.

From what I understand the vast majority of big company servers keep your characters (even full f2p ones) for very long amounts of time.

The practice of deleting characters or accounts nowadays may be used mainly by private servers with limited storage capacity, or by older time games with old rule sets. Also, if a game's servers change hands (which will be the case of Tera soon, and was the case of DC Universe Online a few years back) the new holder may request the players to accept the new company ToS and do the account porting process within a specified amount of time. Otherwise, there shouldn't be much problem.

So really, nowadays it's safe to leave accounts for long periods of time and they will remain unchanged so long as a game doesn't change owners or publishers. What I DO recommend is changing the password to a very strong one, and/or checking the account every month or two if possible.

@Ephemiel Diablo 2

Jesus, i didn't know Diablo2 and even FFXI went that far. That's nuts.