Am I selling 200 power weapons too low at 240m?

PSO2 JP's prices didn't leap up and stagnate my dude. NA's won't stagnate either, but we caught up to JP in like three months.

Hm. But we do expect it to at least maintain around the same kind of prices as JP, I hope? With the announcement on NGS, I think it's a good time to rethink my choice between JP and NA.

Not to sound insensitive, but the last place I frequented had such a broken, unfair, and dry economy that all of this sounds like nothing by comparison. I'd rather see items in demand inflate to a point that's obtainable with some time and patience than to see the value of meseta become so low that pepper stems are worth 40 billion a piece.

Whales take AC items and flip them for meseta, which is totally normal and fair imo. When people get coveted items, they target these people specifically because they're easy cash cows. I've never played JP and I can tell you which items are going to be hot sellers and which aren't because every fashion game is the same. Female fashions will always sell the best, with animal-themed, food-themed, sexy, and cute items being the most popular among those. Male fashions will always bomb by comparison (unless the male userbase is retained without jumping ship to female characters). I'm sure some JP players took advantage of items they knew would be popular, but those items are only popular in the first place because everyone who plays for fashion is essentially the same regardless of where they're from.

The reason JP prices ended up soaring was the addition of the Episode 6 Arks Missions, which we started with on Global.

When the primary source of meseta was TACOs, a lot of people just didn't do them, so a lot of meseta didn't enter the economy. With Arks Missions though, it's a lot faster and many people are motivated to do them on multiple characters, which was not the case with TACOs.

Prices will always go up over time though, as this game doesn't have any major meseta sinks, but it's not really a surprise that prices on Global are "so high".

@Yui2387 stop making sense. There is no room for that here. And who cares that the other elements are way cheaper too. The nerve of people using pro strats.

@TsundereMuse said in Am I selling 200 power weapons too low at 240m?:

Honestly, while the people who play the market do impress me, I wish they'd just literally f--- off too. There's absolutely no reason for half the stuff on NA to cost what it does except for the exceptional greed of a small number of players. Especially considering some of the worst offenders are hiding behind alt accounts while doing it too like the one below.

Annotation 2020-08-29 114901.jpg

I don't know mate... people need to spend relay money, and it's not cheap. $2 a scratch is pretty damn steep when you consider how many cheap items are in each scratch set.

I spent $30 today and got lucky with a 40M draw (sit 4, black cat ears, some 4-5m pieces...), but it's this potential lucky type of pull that made me want to spend in the first place.

It's not hard to earn money in this game to get enough to start playing the market, it'll take some time but anyone can do it. And while mesta inflation is an issue that should be addressed, these items also need to sell well enough that spending IRL money is worth doing.

I would argue that if there are less inflation, you wouldn't need the AC items to sell as "well" as they do now, because everything else would be cheaper.

AC items have a "real purchasing power" that doesn't really change with inflation. When the items you want are going for 20-30 million, then obviously you want to sell your AC item for 30-40 million. But if those same items are going for 2-3 million, then getting only 3-4 million for that same AC item still gives you the same purchasing power.

Inflation doesn't make your AC items worth more. It just amplifies the number on paper but you end up in the same relative position. So it isn't a valid argument for having market flipping.

@kztm said in Am I selling 200 power weapons too low at 240m?:

When the items you want are going for 20-30 million, then obviously you want to sell your AC item for 30-40 million. But if those same items are going for 2-3 million, then getting only 3-4 million for that same AC item still gives you the same purchasing power.

The baseline price for items has been steadily increasing since closed beta. Items, on average, are six to ten times more expensive than they were at this game's launch already, a feat that took the JP form of the game literal years to reach. I don't know what more you want man, this kind of shit rapidly makes an entire economy utterly unsustainable because it reaches a point where you don't actually get additional purchasing power because people won't be able to purchase your shit outside of other market flippers. Which is kind of the issue.

@kztm No it doesn’t exactly, because cost of me sets for affixing and other things remains the same.

@Nuebot I'm not sure you understood my comment. I was replying to say that the rapid inflation isn't justified even when considering people who buy AC items and sell them. And if you still don't understand that, just know that I'm actually on your side of the argument.

@uponapyre All NPC costs will remain the same, and inflation will always exist, so NPC costs will always become cheaper over time. What we're talking about is the purchasing power in terms of other items on the player market.

But all this is really an academic question because even with no player specualtion, botted RMT money generation is still a powerful driver of inflation. Can't really achieve low inflation with RMT around.

If you go to ship 2 JP, yes the prices will be similar... But go to any other ship, and the prices are a lot lower than NAs.

In that case, it might just be a Western thing lol

@ApollosAmour said in Am I selling 200 power weapons too low at 240m?:

@kztm That's another really good point. The amount of meseta the average user is making is burning a hole in their pockets.

If the average person has enough to burn holes in pockets, then I am sad. I don't make any money playing unhealthy amounts and doing dailies and weeklies on five characters.

No sweet loots for me. 😞

@Furious It depends on how you're doing it and what you're going for. If you do all of your weeklies, dailies, bonuses, and pick up stuff like the Bar Lodos and exploration quests, you make quite a bit fast. And for everything in between, spamming Extreme Training: Ruins & Oceanids 36-40 can net up to about 150k each go with boosters.

There's also other means, but that's typically what I do.

@kztm Obviously, but you cannot rule out how much in-game value these things buy you either. It is all part of the allure of buying AC, and affixing eats a big chunk of your money and, right now, the prices we have help with that a lot.

It is one of the main reasons I invest in AC myself.