Why do our char models look so different from what they do in the saloon?

I’ve been trying to make a Matoi replica, and even though theirs char files out their, they’re all for humans, and my char is a deuman. You can convert them but they don’t really look right. So I’ve been working on my own, and this is what I can up with.

684BBF09-4DA8-4409-AF78-BE40700125AD.jpeg

I think I managed to get pretty close, but this is what the same model looks like in game.

4FF99209-F4A0-486B-91BE-B38CC3487EC4.jpeg

Not just less detailed, but visible different, which is really frustrating, cause it doesn’t look as much as matoi as it does in the saloon.

Sorry I cant see any difference besides the resolution.... Can you point out, what exactly looks different?

@Scerms77 the resolution should be the same, they were taken on the same phone. The shape of the face is different particularly around the mouth

The lower picture looks a little blurry, thats why I thought it might have a little less resolution...

But I cant spot significant differences between the faces. And that although I can compare them here directly.

Im not really good in recognizing faces, but I guess these are really minor differences.

The chin looks pointier on top.

The most common issue is the colors getting messed up because the salons default background is nothing like any other area in the game. There's the scenery check options to view your character in different lighting situations, though.

@Scerms77

I re took the second picture, should be a bit clearer now.93D2B487-9976-46E3-A955-C3F075E9FB65.jpeg

Maybe I’m just nit picking, but after you’ve been working on a face for 12+ hours, you can see the differences.

@MisterJaySnek

I didn’t know that, I’ll have to check that out when I get some more saloon passes

@MisterJaySnek said in Why do our char models look so different from what they do in the saloon?:

The chin looks pointier on top.

The most common issue is the colors getting messed up because the salons default background is nothing like any other area in the game. There's the scenery check options to view your character in different lighting situations, though.

Now that you said it, I can see it too. But on the last picture the chin is pointy like on the first picture...? 🤔

I think you're just seeing lighting differences. This happens in a lot of games. So much so, that some games have an extra light on the character face just to make sure it's getting less influence from the in-game environment. But of course I can't be sure of it, nor can I prove it. 😞

Yeah I think I’m just expecting too much from the ingame graphics. Here’s a photo of my char beside matoi, theirs a couple of things to work on still, but it’s pretty damn closeB5B54636-D4AE-46A7-870D-87B52B60AC63.jpeg

Even Matoi’s in game char, doesn’t look much like her cutscene version

Its just Shaders. The salon uses different files. Get Reshade and it'll be your biggest fix.

By the way, are you playing on xbox? Is there no way to take ingame screenshots from there?

Any slight shift in camera angle can throw off your perception of the face structure when attempting to do a replication. Though I'd say you pretty much have the look.

@MisterJaySnek

Yeah I’m Xbox, you can but you have to upload to OneDrive first, and I don’t have an account

Thanks for all the tips guys, I did a bit more tweaking. Here’s where I’m at now. It goes cutscene matoi, saloon, PQ, ingame matoi and my char.

053D249E-E030-4E52-B962-0E3278D7DF0D.jpeg

535AAE43-AF5D-4A8C-B07E-FC3EF1DD2472.jpeg

1A5CD1B9-2A8F-48DE-9547-CE06F1879AAE.jpeg

E400E262-8454-4D62-A030-D839D03F86FE.jpeg