Confirmation on taking cosmetics into NGS?

Can we please get a clear statement on whether our current cosmetics can be used in NGS? Specifically: Outfits, Outerwear, Basewear, Innerwear, Hairstyles, Body Paints, and Accessories.

In the same way you have stated clearly about weapons, units, and mags.

What actually does "other registered data" mean?

Are Outfits "registered data"? Outwear? Weapon camoes?

Please give us an update on this. Thank you.

Most assume registered data would mean consumables like emotes, hairstyles, voices and accessories.

Though I do hope outfits make it in too. Finally completed a look I really like.

And shameless plug. https://forum.pso2.com/topic/6516/ask-your-questions-for-pso2-and-ngs-devs?page=1

Yeah I know "most assume" but that's really not good enough, if you've been playing online games for any significant time.

Giving us a clear statement such as "emotes, layered wear, accessories, and outfits will all carry over to NGS and be usable from day 1" would not only finally set the question down, but also promote more people to buy-in to the AC scratches. I don't understand the silence. 😞

It was just confirmed so you guys can FINALLY chill the hell out.

Every outfit, part and "Ware" transfers. Every accessory, eye, hair, etc, it all transfers. Even weapon camos transfer. Even stuff from NGS can be moved to normal PSO2.

which makes me feel absolutely fantastic!

*Compared to outfits and wearable items from PSO2, those of PSO2:NGS are better in graphics, and the character’s fingers move when equipped. When equipped with PSO2 outfits and wearable items, their fingers do not move.

Not so "fantastic" about that. But atleast I wont spend any more money on scratches after reading this lol

@Miasu Indeed. These kind of traps (not saying they're intended) are exactly what I was looking to dig up.

Both of these facts (PSO2 cosmetics causing no moving fingers and being lower quality) point ot the high likelihood that PSO2 cosmetics are not being updated for NGS. And it follows then, that NGS cosmetics will be their own series of items, from new items and new collaborations, to NGS rehashes of PSO2 cosmetics with better graphics where the fingers can move.

So people can stop asking us to chill. Well we will chill now that we have our answers, but this is wildly different to what people have been claiming about full compatibility.

There is not full compatibility. That is a fact set in stone now.

Whether we should continue to collect cosmetics for NGS is yet to be decided though, as it's not yet possible to get a feel for how much the fingers affect the general aesthetic, and we don't know yet how much better the "better graphics" will be. It could be conceivable that PSO hairstyles, for example, simply look dull, rigid and polygon-like when everyone else are sporting NGS hairstyles.

So yeah, there's a big big big BUT tacked on to the fact that everything transferrs over. And I thank SEGA for coming out bravely with this becuase this is bound to affect some people's willingness to buy AC for now. Still, it's good business sense because if this information only came out after NGS is released, then there will be huge damages to the PSO2 name.

@kztm said in Confirmation on taking cosmetics into NGS?:

cosmetics are not being updated for NGS

Yeah that's exactly what they meant to say and as a person who cares alot about fashion I'd rather wait for NGS release. Although I'm still glad they clarified that.

@Miasu said in Confirmation on taking cosmetics into NGS?:

@kztm said in Confirmation on taking cosmetics into NGS?:

cosmetics are not being updated for NGS

Yeah that's exactly what they meant to say and as a person who cares alot about fashion I'd rather wait for NGS release. Although I'm still glad they clarified that.

......they flatout said you can transfer the damn things and that PSO2 will also get the engine update. That quite literally means everything is being updated.

Do you people see why i always say that this forum community does NOTHING BUT COMPLAIN? You guys have been crying so hard about "they don't confirm stuff transfers!!" even though they did, they do it far more obviously and you STILL FIND SOMETHING TO KEEP COMPLAINING ABOUT.

No wonder they never wanted to bring the game over, you people do nothing but cry about literally everything and, once what you cried about is fixed, you run desperately to complain about something else.

@Ephemiel They are not going to update textures of an old PSO2 fashion items re-read their q/a article please. Also i'm not even mad or complaining about it, I just said that I'm glad they finally described the way fashion is going to be transferred and that's exactly why I'm not going to spend my money on outdated items and wait for NGS release. If you wanna keep cherry picking comments that's ok I guess.

The only thing that's worthy of complain is that they're not adding finger animation for PSO2 costumes/outfits/fashion. Now that's just BS. They wanna overhaul the core engine graphics (they call it upgrade), but they don't wanna go a little further and add finger animations to the good ol' PSO2? Bruh.

Finger animations are probably part of the outfit/wear system, coded into each and every one of the items, as the cosmetics most probably replaces some of the body model as part of the optimization. So to provide finger movements to all existing outfits/wear would probably take so long it would delay their NGS launch.

The engine, on the other hand, is a generic system that runs the whole thing, so the hours involved are probably very different.

@Josua said in Confirmation on taking cosmetics into NGS?:

but they don't wanna go a little further and add finger animations to the good ol' PSO2? Bruh.

Adding finger bones to the thousands of old costumes is not a "little further" at all

@Miasu said in Confirmation on taking cosmetics into NGS?:

*Compared to outfits and wearable items from PSO2, those of PSO2:NGS are better in graphics, and the character’s fingers move when equipped. When equipped with PSO2 outfits and wearable items, their fingers do not move.

Not so "fantastic" about that. But atleast I wont spend any more money on scratches after reading this lol

Yeah, been pointing out that for a few threads. Not the brightest marketing move to say "No."

Might be better for Global staff to try and get the JP Devs to say "Maybe sometime in the future."

The only thing that's worthy of complain is that they're not adding finger animation for PSO2 costumes/outfits/fashion. Now that's just BS. They wanna overhaul the core engine graphics (they call it upgrade), but they don't wanna go a little further and add finger animations to the good ol' PSO2? Bruh.

Eight years to localize, all while working on an upgrade.

I don't even know why they're launching it this early, other than to appease JP audience.

@Vashzaron said in Confirmation on taking cosmetics into NGS?:

but they don't wanna go a little further and add finger animations to the good ol' PSO2? Bruh.

Adding finger bones to the thousands of old costumes is not a "little further" at all

It's not just adding, it's rehashing the entire model.