Best subclasses for a Ranger?

Love to hear your thoughts to help with my decision.

@i48TonsOfSlaves said in Best subclasses for a Ranger?:

Love to hear your thoughts to help with my decision.

It really depends on what you are looking for. The most common meta's are Hunter, Fighter, and Braver sub classing. There are many variations for the hunter builds. There are 4 hunter builds, 2 fighter builds, and one braver build that is common meta. But there are other classes you can sub with.

Once Scions come out both Phantom and Etoile make good sub classes for Ranger as well. If you give me more information on a playstyle you are looking for I can give you some tips.

in the Beta, Ranger/Hunter will be your main until the Successor classes release, you will then swap your sublass to Ranger/Etoile which is way overall better whenever that happens on NA.

Ra/Br and Ra/Hu are good, idk where someone got the idea that Ra/Fi would be good when its not

@ArcaneTechs

Ranger/Fighter is for min/max damage. It's the one sub class that isn't for experienced players. You purposely take damage to get below 25% health then play the entire time without healing to keep the bonuses. Also the stances provide a huge damage boost as well even without the use of the health % damage boosts. You get 450 bonus RNG without the stance or % boosts.

@The-Question said in Best subclasses for a Ranger?:

@ArcaneTechs

Ranger/Fighter is for min/max damage. It's the one sub class that isn't for experienced players. You purposely take damage to get below 25% health then play the entire time without healing to keep the bonuses. Also the stances provide a huge damage boost as well even without the use of the health % damage boosts. You get 450 bonus RNG without the stance or % boosts.

that class combo does less damage than Ra/Et and you purposely put yourself at 1 shot all the time for something that doesn't even beat the 2 other class combos who have the safety net from their sub skills. Ra/Fi is not as good as you think it is and definitely not one people should be doing reguardless of skill, I mean good luck not dying setting up End Attract and Satellite Cannon and no, an MPA format for having a class work is not a very good idea to try and pass as "ya this class combo works, it does great!" either.

you either do:

Ra/Et > Ra/Hu > the rest

If you want to stick to some niche playstyle because its "your thing", then go for it but expect to be hitting the floor pretty often as a Ra/Fi at Deadlines level of health. This isn't a very sufficient way of playing the class either

While not really optimal, I personally like to use Ranger/Phantom (Ranger/Braver until Scions come out). Reasoning for this is twofold.

1. I'm a weenie who leans too much on tech access. Ph sub grants that, while still maintaining a degree of synergy with Ra main. Extra PP, and unconditional damage/crit boosts go a long way, even if it does fall a bit short of other combos. Having Resta, Shifta, and Deband available is worth it for me.

2. Dex Mag support. While the ideal Mag for a Ranger is R-ATK with Et sub, Phantom Mag adds your Mag's DEX to all three ATK stats, making a Dex Mag at least viable. My other favored mains are Bouncer and Phantom, both of which are actually ideal with a Dex Mag as opposed to focusing on any one ATK, so it's just a convenience thing being able to use the same Mag for all three of my main mains. Braver Mag does the same thing, which is why I use RaBr until Scions are released/unlocked.

I like Ranger/Techer. I've got healing, buffs, durability -I can solo nearly anything without being one latency burp away from resetting a Super Hard stage clear.

This isn't an optional raid dps config, but that's not my concern.