Phantom or Hero?

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in Phantom or Hero?:

Why not Étoile? Better than both Hero and Phantom if you ask me.

Strangely even in JP, Etoile seems to be liked less than Hero and Phantom.

@Ephemiel said in Phantom or Hero?:

I honestly think that Damage Balancer puts too many people off since the non-item healing reduction seems too harsh, but they don't realize how effective it really is, making the healing reduction a non-issue.

@Ephemiel said in Phantom or Hero?:

I guess I just like least played stuff... Even on Steam Summoner and Techter are least played according to achievements but I main Summoner/Techter, just like I prefer Etoile on main server.

In its current state on JP, Phantom is a top-tier class whereas Hero is not quite as good. (Hero is getting buffed September 14 with the Luster release though, so we'll have to see)

The only thing better than Phantom is Gunner, since the level 85 skill made Gunner one of the most effective mobbers, if not the most, along with its crazy burst single target damage, even after the nerf.

Phantom is so strong because it can use techniques extremely effectively, while having access to a ranged counter system, a marking finisher system, Phantom Time, a buttload of invinc frames, no PP issues, among other things. With it not needing to rely on elemental weaknesses in the same way that FoTe does as well, it opens up a lot of more effective tech options even when not matching weaknesses.

Hero is pretty good, but Phantom just has much better tools due to its access to effective damaging techs, which already makes it extremely good.

@Matt said in Phantom or Hero?:

In its current state on JP, Phantom is a top-tier class whereas Hero is not quite as good. (Hero is getting buffed September 14 with the Luster release though, so we'll have to see)

The only thing better than Phantom is Gunner, since the level 85 skill made Gunner one of the most effective mobbers, if not the most, along with its crazy burst single target damage, even after the nerf.

Phantom is so strong because it can use techniques extremely effectively, while having access to a ranged counter system, a marking finisher system, Phantom Time, a buttload of invinc frames, no PP issues, among other things. With it not needing to rely on elemental weaknesses in the same way that FoTe does as well, it opens up a lot of more effective tech options even when not matching weaknesses.

Hero is pretty good, but Phantom just has much better tools due to its access to effective damaging techs, which already makes it extremely good.

To be fair, Hero used to be so broken that he led the JP team to buff EVERYONE. They had their big times to shine.

I been seeing quite a bit of Etoile lately on JP, especially in the 8th anniversary missions. It's a dumb class that is basically invincible with the damage balancer and Etoile HP restorate. I use it when I want to brainless in UH grinds/UQs. My alts are heroes just because the ease of the tmg and sword to blast through SH maps for daily missions. I main Phantom for more difficult things like the solo trigger quest and solo extreme needed for expert matching.

The most recent player data shows the popularity of the scion classes in the order they came out, it's pre-8th anniversary data though.

Screenshot_2020-08-27 アークス調査報告書 プレイヤー編|『PSO2』8周年記念イベント ARKS CONNECT MEMORIES|『ファンタシースターオンライン2』|SEGA.png

Road to Luster campaign right now, grind new ARKS missions for two 15 star gunslashes and a full set of liberate units (well you get the materials for it to build them)

Hero is fun but is currently weak compared to the others but is getting buffed, Phantom is fun and great to play (even if I am a rifle main), Etoile is amazing cause Double Saber and never dying thanks to damage balancer then lastly Luster looks like a ton of fun but looks like it will be stronger than all scion classes.

@YagyuChan said in Phantom or Hero?:

Hero is fun but is currently weak compared to the others but is getting buffed, Phantom is fun and great to play (even if I am a rifle main), Etoile is amazing cause Double Saber and never dying thanks to damage balancer then lastly Luster looks like a ton of fun but looks like it will be stronger than all scion classes.

Seems Luster also only uses Gunblades [yay, a good reason to have the cool-looking ones like the Cosmogenic Arm], but has difference stances that change how you play similar to Devil May Cry.

Techter.

The best class is Prinny. If you dont feel like being the hero you can participate in operation panties dood.

You also start with like 1000 extra lives... >.>

Not really, it shines out at certain things however. Like hunter build with perfect guard, well Etoile makes it shines.

@Ukyo-Sonoda yeah I know those games, Etna knows no bounds of how to torture Prinnies