Opinion - PSO2s biggest issue for years

@Pulptenks said in Opinion - PSO2s biggest issue for years:

It is fine at it is but, accessible to everyone and latest UQ even have level requirements which relief a bit the constant carrying.

Schedule is also posted, so it is possible to plan when you go raid. There's also Collection File which can be Lucrative or a nice gain to go for.

Games like WoW or FF14 has a good recipe but not one that necessarily carter to everyone. Reason why other MMOs exists. PSO is labbeled as a Online RPG. Yes Multiplayer there exist but you should not approach the game with an elitism attitude. Organized events or content is still doable with a decent Alliance.

Triggers has a lot of unexploited potential. Right now it's Masetta sink from Fresh Find (Even tho it's out of commission for now.) So a group working out together theorically can raid for a while.

The biggest problem on a bigger scale is the randomness of times. It's all over the place and often unscheduled. I was hoping with western release there would be some sort of time zone focus based on the ship. Girl, was I wrong.

NGS needs to improve those endgame systems. But seeing how FF14 is the biggest competition to PSO2 and with all the new games such as Blue Protocol looming. They need to step up their game.

PSO2 itself will more then likely remain the same but perhaps with some additional quality of life since I assume NGS will make an exodus of PSO2. But remain to see.

I like the system, I like the game being enjoyable for everyone. I think it's great skill cap is not too high. Keeping the content accessible, I've not had so much with my loved ones since WoW classic (the original one), and that is fantastic.

I get where you're coming from but the problem is, even with a posted scheduled, sometimes you cannot work around it depending on your situation like a job or school. You can go days without seeing an Urgent because whenever you decide to play, nothing is happening. That's all I hope NGS changes, is makes content accessible regardless of the time you decide to play.

I'd like to think the type of MMO that PSO2 is isn't a very good concept, because player numbers dwindle when there isn't much to do. Again, a majority of people only log in during UQ times. I personally find that to be a problem, because it tells us that no other content is actually worth doing (except Ultimate's at this time).

Maybe this all has to do with the restrictions that we have in the "shelter in place order"? I don't know. But a schedule that consists of the daily routines , Commuting, going to work, and then coming home , Can also be unfulling. I find the UQ's to be a little more "sparsed out", If you will , but it really isn't all that bad. To think that there is not really much to do outside of all this, well , Actually in my opinion, There is so much to do, Maybe that's the problem , that there is so much to do and the frustration of not being able to participate or doing it all due to constraints?

Im not sure I can compare PSO2 to other MMOS, Honestly , I haven't played others all that much, except for blade and soul, which were you would get to end-game and then it was a very stale -daily grind that got real boring , real fast.

I don't know, there are the players that also for whatever reason, seems to be some sort of race to get to the end of whatever it is that they are doing, to reach maximum levels , at the fastest possible time and then what? What was the whole point of doing so? So to find that there isn't much to do, Well - I absolutely adore this game, I must digress, there is so much todo , But at the same time I try to take it at a slow pace and enjoy it. Maybe , you should do the same the games experience and your perspective of it can change.

I'm assuming/hoping that this changes in NGS, because it'll have a (supposedly) large persistent world. It seems weird to add a persistent open-world area and not have useful things to do in it all the time, but I guess they could still just have all the content based on special-spawn bosses in it, too.

Also a set back about triggers, they generally do not include the rematch fights.

on the JP version you can just spend SG for triggers, but the system over here seems so different now

@Laep said in Opinion - PSO2s biggest issue for years:

now the only "best" gear that comes from UQs have such an astronomically low drop rate (the 14* weapons) you can assume you'll never get one.

Sorry for OT. Where did u get that droprates from? Link pls! Thx!

@Scerms77 said in Opinion - PSO2s biggest issue for years:

@Laep said in Opinion - PSO2s biggest issue for years:

now the only "best" gear that comes from UQs have such an astronomically low drop rate (the 14* weapons) you can assume you'll never get one.

Sorry for OT. Where did u get that droprates from? Link pls! Thx!

while an UQ is active, you can check its drop table by viewing the Item Log at the quest counter ("View Quest Log" instead of Accept Quest->Item Log) just like any other quest, and see what drops / how many have dropped in the last two weeks. It isn't available if an UQ hasn't been out for two weeks yet, though. So you can check Apprentice's log next time she's up and see how many spread needles have dropped, vs all of the sigma/deo/etc gear.

Thanks for the info, but I knew that. I thought there might be a website with the actual droprates in %, like there was back then for original PSO. But anyway, thanks for replying.

@Ephemiel said in Opinion - PSO2s biggest issue for years:

@redBadger22 said in Opinion - PSO2s biggest issue for years:

the core issue with PSO2's gameplay loop has been Urgent Quest / Emergency Quests in Japan

Except it isn't. You getting tired of it or tired of doing other content like Ultimate doesn't mean it's a problem.

You also conveniently forget that the schedules are only for SPECIFIC UQs, there's others thrown around in the time space between them.

No, he's pretty right. JP PSO2 the lobbies tended to be full of people doing nothing but afking until an emergency missions started, then immediately going back to AFKing because the only options for better loot were usually EMs until sega released the latest content farm like Ultimate Quests, Buster Quest, Magical Forest, you get the point, which then don't get their loot upgraded once the EMs do and often take a far longer and deeper investment than just popping in and out every hour or so to see if your screen turned red but had just as shitty a drop rate as waiting for the EMs, which usually had a far higher boosted drop rate to compensate for the limited access.

@Nuebot said in Opinion - PSO2s biggest issue for years:

JP PSO2 the lobbies tended to be full of people doing nothing but afking until an emergency missions started

You seeing people do it doesn't mean everyone is doing it, do remember that. For every few you see sitting there, there's tons actually playing.

Would you play WoW or FFXIV, go to a main city and then think everyone in the game is just sitting there waiting for parties regardless of level? Of course not, in there, the main cities are always packed around the Aetheryte. People talking, screwing around with emotes and dances, people checking the market, this is all a thing too, not just AFKing till an EQ happened.

From the way I've been playing the game, and this is very casually, I just choose a few client orders and do an expedition related to them. While I'm doing the client order, an Urgent Quest notification will pop up and I'll go to it. I don't check the schedule for Urgent Quests, only concerts and concerts have an Urgent Quest after usually. I also fill my time in the game by playing the story mode. I think there's enough content to do in the game before the next Urgent Quest. I might note I haven't spent money on this game so I also will grind meseta while I'm doing expeditions. I feel like this is the proper loop the game goes for. I'd only imagine sitting in the lobby if I had a frequent group I played with. And if I had such a group, I don't see why I wouldn't frequently do quests with an Alliance.

I suppose if spending time in expeditions or doing various client orders isn't more fun than staying in the lobby, then this probably isn't a game you enjoy?

Im at 260h+ now at Steam but my real Playtime is ~150h. Waiting for Urgent Quest and watching Netflix. Ultimate Quest are boring and the Drops? Got 20x 9*Eggs in 60min+.Waste of Time.

@thenameless said in Opinion - PSO2s biggest issue for years:

Im at 260h+ now at Steam but my real Playtime is ~150h. Waiting for Urgent Quest and watching Netflix. Ultimate Quest are boring and the Drops? Got 20x 9*Eggs in 60min+.Waste of Time.

You REALLY want us to believe you spent over 90 hours just waiting?

Never heard of alt+tab?

@Ki-Rin said in Opinion - PSO2s biggest issue for years:

Never heard of alt+tab?

Never heard of someone with so many hours played, yet almost all of it was alt-tabbed because they just sat there waiting.