New Moon UQ is awful

@DDDDLife it is the real Mother is just that the fight we have now is tonned down, when the part without the Ridroids come the boss hp will be higher and the fight will take more time

@Jamesmor said in New Moon UQ is awful:

@DDDDLife it is the real Mother is just that the fight we have now is tonned down, when the part without the Ridroids come the boss hp will be higher and the fight will take more time

Maybe, But I still feel that we have yet to see Mother in her 2nd form, The real fight that will lead to all sorts of rage from players. xD

@DDDDLife Lore wise, it's not. In the pre-fight cutscene, Xiera indicates that "the deep well of aether on the Moon has coalesced into Mother Brain itself," and that "it's empty inside, with nothing to suppress its desires." Basically, it is a Phantasm in the form of Mother.

Gameplay-wise, it is. There is no second form, and the only other time we see this boss is in an Episode 5 UQ as part one of a back-to-back fight with the final Episode 4 UQ boss (no actual story reason for it, and both first halves of the UQs are removed for it [ie. no Rideroids and no "climb"]).

@Valinda said in New Moon UQ is awful:

I did this UQ for the first time and like, never again I'm doing unless that entire portion is without the ridroids and we get there on foot, fighting mobs along the way. Controlling that machine was the real boss of that UQ, and the only thing dropping from it was me >=/.

I have good news for you.

The only tip I can give when it comes to controlling the ridroid is - Make use of the evasive action (space on keyboard, dunno on controller though), it really helps when just turning isn't enough.

@Ezodagrom said in New Moon UQ is awful:

The only tip I can give when it comes to controlling the ridroid is - Make use of the evasive action (space on keyboard, dunno on controller though), it really helps when just turning isn't enough.

It's a on xbox and up/down/left/right to do evasive

@ComplexZeru is not the evade action on Ridroids you press the same button to jump to do that

I recommend running Las Vegas until you have the handle of it.

Well I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one with Rideroid issues!

It took a bit. I don't like ridroids in general, but I did get used to controlling the things, so the UQ isn't so bad once I got the hang of how it works.

This UQ is very easy once you get the hang of the control scheme. It is no problem for me not to even have to respawn in the first half of it. PSO is a console game so parts are going to be arcady.

I played this UQ now 2 times and its enough. I mean i played Star Fox,Wing Commander 1-5,Freespace,Freelancer,Wipeout 20+Years ago and now in 2020 they give me a Ridriod with such bad control setting. I pass on this UQ.

It's pretty jank but easy enough to learn within a few runs