New Moon UQ is awful

@Eye-ce said in New Moon UQ is awful:

@DDDDLife Space Harrier is blessed, loved that game but never played it too often. I should revisit it.

harrier-on.gif

I loved rail shooters, Like Star fox, or the arcade ones, but sadly the controls are clunky on a xbox controller and don't respond as well. Especially the analog.

The only real bad thing is how abrupt the rideroid mechanics come to NA.

On JP we had collection sheets for form/titan/stelk weapons that hinged on running ride quests that lasted for many weeks before the Esca Falz Mother fight, so most players were prepared for it by the time it came.

On NA they tucked riding quests away in the quest list (they were their own category on JP at the time) and made them mostly optional. Nobody had a real motivation to run them beyond the odd tier mission and as such there was no real drive to practice and get used to their controls, as unintuitive as you want to call them.

@MisterJaySnek said in New Moon UQ is awful:

On JP we had collection sheets for form/titan/stelk weapons that hinged on running ride quests that lasted for many weeks before the Esca Falz Mother fight, so most players were prepared for it by the time it came.

On NA they tucked riding quests away in the quest list (they were their own category on JP at the time) and made them mostly optional. Nobody had a real motivation to run them beyond the odd tier mission and as such there was no real drive to practice and get used to their controls, as unintuitive as you want to call them.

I mean what can you expect with getting content as fast as we are? We're in a crunch to catch up to the Japanese server. Funny thing is once we do catch them people will probably be angry over lack of content then.

@PhantasyStar369 said in New Moon UQ is awful:

@MisterJaySnek said in New Moon UQ is awful:

I mean what can you expect with getting content as fast as we are? We're in a crunch to catch up to the Japanese server. Funny thing is once we do catch them people will probably be angry over lack of content then.

Well, yeah.

The current PSO2 model doesn’t exactly have a great endgame, which is the ongoing issue. You get a splash of content that lasts a week or so, then you grind stale content for drops that add 10% efficiency that you don’t actually need because the endgame doesn’t have a great balance on rewarding the player for time/effort spent learning content. The only break from this is the week or two after a big update where new stuff comes out. Then, after that period and having played the things that reward the player the most, people get bored and log off for a while. It’s not worth the endgame chasm of rewards most of the time.

@PhantasyStar369 you're right, but they could've promoted the quest with more than a singular tier mission. Some campaign to run it x number of times or anything really.

We have had the campaign and tier quests for Vegas, but I'm sure a lot of people skipped those. Even playing the Ridroid the handful of times that I have, I still stumbled the first few times I fought Mother. They just don't control well, but it's easy enough to adapt as long as you get over yourself. It sounds harsh, but the less you throw a fit, the more you can focus on maneuvering it.

I love it. I will take anything over more 'go kill lots of things like you always do but with more people this time'.

The ridroids are difficult to control for sure especially for those using them for the first time. But they're pretty fun once you get the hang of them, and they are much easier to handle on rails since you don't need to worry about turning or stopping really.

I agree with the notion that they simply threw players onto them too quickly. You should have to get a license or somethin'. We need a license for everything else but not flying metal death balls?

I noticed that for some reason my Rideroid has defaulted to Standard View for this quest on the Global version instead of OTS like I remember. I had a left over Mother trigger from a few years ago on JPN, and decided to see if I was just remembering wrong, but when I started it up it was OTS like I remembered.

I looked around in the menu to see if there was something there that I had toggled or something, but I noticed that it even states that the default view is OTS for Rideroids in the menu that has the adjustments for it.

I did this UQ for the first time and like, never again I'm doing unless that entire portion is without the ridroids and we get there on foot, fighting mobs along the way. Controlling that machine was the real boss of that UQ, and the only thing dropping from it was me >=/.

@Valinda They're really awful to get used to. The controls really suck and you have fight with them. Once you get the hang of it though, it's pretty manageable. It took me a few times in the Vegas quest before I even remotely got there lol

I actually like the flight chase part and find the boss portion boring.

Its kinda the same controls for a flight simulator, (Kinda) your controls are inverted, So to go downwards you would press up- Then to go upwards you would press down., If you are using a controller, You have your X and y Controls , - So pressing the Y control left or right would allow you to move quickly and pressing X can allow you to move quickly downwards.

@uponapyre said in New Moon UQ is awful:

Actually, I'm getting a sense that This Boss fight, Isn't the real Mother at all.

@uponapyre said in New Moon UQ is awful:

Same to what I feel, but maybe because I honestly find the content at this point to be too easy.

At least the first portion is different and I have to actually pay attention.