New Moon UQ is awful

@Fiona-Respha That's the one I disliked most. I thought this one was bad until I played that one. The one in episode 6 isn't bad at all.

Conceptually, it seems like it could be cool, but the controls for ridroids just feel bad.

Afterwards I googled just to make sure I wasn't missing something though, and to my surprise there was. If you hit Z to enter third-person mode, it makes it so left/right keys do your turn instead of strafe, and it seemingly gives a much tighter turn radius than when you have to use your mouse to turn in the default mode. That could also possibly be because I spend most of my time trying to mouse-turn by picking up my mouse to re-center it on my mousepad because of how slow the turning is.

That might make it better, if I ever do the UQ again, but even with that it's kind of awkward.

@Fiona-Respha said in New Moon UQ is awful:

EP5 also has an UQ with an aerial battle part of awful control. It's not vehicular, but the control is among the worst ones IMPO 😢

lmao if you think that's anywhere near as bad as anything near the rideroids though. I am 100% certain that if episode 4 simply didn't have rideroids it would be more fondly remembered.

Lol don't get mad at the rideroid. Get mad at sega hiding the ride quests and giving you no time to practice. Moon is fine.

@MisterJaySnek said in New Moon UQ is awful:

Lol don't get mad at the rideroid. Get mad at sega hiding the ride quests and giving you no time to practice. Moon is fine.

Moon UQ controls nothing like standard rideroid though

@Nuebot said in New Moon UQ is awful:

It actually does though, at least for manual. All moon does is remove your 180-degree turn and dismount functions and add missiles, a barrel roll, and a boost button. Basic controls for turning and dodging are the same.

@Nuebot said in New Moon UQ is awful:

true they aren't but is not complete different outside of the 3 different actions and the fact is a straight line all the rest applies

Ridroid controls fine, the phase can get really old when you're running it back to back during trigger MPAs, but otherwise the section is perfectly fine. Most people complaining about how bad it controls are generally just not very good at the controls yet.

I wanna make a PSA post about this but I'm on my phone stuck at work so I'll just leave this important tip: you turn better while performing evasive actions via spacebar + a direction. Use that to make sharper turns.

Why does it appear that OP always has an issue with the game?

@Eye-ce I can't I know I told you before, but that profile picture is just too funny.

@ERICK001BC LOL thank you thank youu.

@Ki-Rin said in New Moon UQ is awful:

Thanks for the rollercoaster of continuous death with a shitty vehicle with bad controls and a speed up with a long cooldown.

Great idea. next time just have us spawn in a lava pool we can't get out of before the boss fight.

im not gonna attack you but...this doesnt seem like the right game for you honestly.

I only ran this event twice I think on the JP version of the game due to the bad controlls, actually its on par with a stage from Megaman X8

@Ki-Rin So why you still play? Every update or new content you complain and say it's bad.

I like Esca Mother encounter a lot myself.