PSO2 Controller issues

I'm having issues using an Xbox controller to play PSO2 on my PC. It's a brand new controller and works fine with other games, but when I try to use it to play PSO2 it becomes jerky and refuses to work right while in missions and actual gameplay. Excessively laggy responses and turning 90+ degrees at a time.

While in the hub world it works just fine. Taking out the batteries and putting them back in will only fix the problem half of the time.

I've checked the drivers and it says they are up to date.

Windows 10 Store or Steam? If you use Windows 10 Store, is Steam running? Do you have it set in the options to use Controller or Keyboard/Mouse? Is the controller being detected as Port 1 (required in order to work properly)?

I'm running the game via Steam. When the game asked, I selected controller, and controller is also selected in the Steam options as well.

As for the controller being detected as being in port 1? To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how to check that.

@Skythos said in PSO2 Controller issues:

I'm running the game via Steam. When the game asked, I selected controller, and controller is also selected in the Steam options as well.

As for the controller being detected as being in port 1? To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how to check that.

I'm not sure if all XBOX controllers have this, but I personally use a 3rd-party X360 on my PC from Rock Candy. On this particular controller, there is a green ring of light that appears around the XBOX button. There are 4 sections of it and only one section is lit at a time. The top-left light means that it is being detected as Controller Port 1. The top right is Controller Port 2. The bottom 2 lights are Controller ports 3 and 4.

I'm using an wireless Xbox controller with a USB adapter. It's pretty much the same controller like you'd get with the Xbox One. The entire Xbox icon lights up.

For some games I had to change the steam controller settings. Under options for controllers there's an option to 'force off' Steam controllers. All that did was make it so the controller didn't work.

It's getting worse now. Can't even go 2 minutes in a mission without it acting up. Going to try running it through the game client instead of steam.

Having the same problem when running it through the game client. Thinking it might be something with the controller itself if both the steam version and the Microsoft store version are having the same trouble.

Have you tried plugging the controller in with a USB cable and ruling that out as a suspect?

Unfortunately I don't have an actual cable for this controller. It's a wireless USB adapter.

I need to test it out again on other games and see if it still works with them. It was up until I started having this problem and I've only used it for exclusively for PSO2 recently.

Kind of annoying that a brand new controller is acting this way.

And now it's doing it for every game and just not PSO2. Thinking something is bad with the controller.

as for a "proper" cable, almost any cell phone charging cable will work (except apple)

Ok... I think I've figured out what the problem is. It appears a USB port on the front of my computer has gone bad. I moved the controller's USB device to another port and it's been working perfectly since. Tried plugging in a phone cable to this port and it wouldn't charge my phone.

yeah its either a dead port or the header isn't plugged in on the mother board but at least you got it sorted out